ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1 can be downloaded using Subversion at the following :
For those of you unfamiliar with Subversion, please follow this simple guide.
Be sure to check the link as you should NOT download the files manually in your browser.
NOTE: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is required to play the game.
Important : The current build is for sandbox play only — to let the player grasp the core mechanics of the game before game styles/modes are implemented. There is no scoring/end to matches aside from your own personal agendas and experimenting with reactions.
What ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1 does not contain :
- A bug-free game. (There are MANY known bugs in the current build that may inhibit the game visually and mechanically. Please be aware that you ARE playing a BETA as such and that we are very likely aware of apparent flaws in design/presentation.)
- A robust DBZ character roster.
- A plentiful DBZ map set.
- Any AI support.
- Developed game types/modes.
- Fully developed attacksets/skills of each character.
- Finalized control scheme.
- Finalized menu and GUI.
- All planned features of the original ZEQ2 project.
- All intended features/gameplay mechanics.
The first public beta release of ZEQ2-lite does feature the following :
- A completely standalone program based on the ioquake3 engine.
- Fully customizable, custom particle system.
- Fully customizable, custom weapon system .
- Fully customizable, custom weapon graphics system .
- Fully customizable, custom character tier system.
- Stepped-shader support with dynamic over-exposure.
- Wireframe and vertex normal extrusion outline techniques.
- Dynamic music system that adjusts music track playback based on actions/situations.
- Tag-based character-conformed aura.
- Rudimentary power struggling system (any attacks may collide) with visuals in place.
- Turbo and power jumping with ball flip support.
- Free direction and in-place Zanzoken support.
- Full flight Soaring mode with barrel rolls/loops/etc.
- Functional melee system with speed / stun / charge / breaker variations for highly tactical and visually accurate presentation.
- Rich powerlevel system with intricate cross complimenting principles.
- Hard lock-on targeting system.
- 24 specially created music tracks feature original and Bruce Faulconer influences.
- Many signature/unique skills per character.
- Map : Landing
- Character : Goku (with alternate emblem skin)
- Character : Raditz
- Character : Piccolo (non-caped)
Updates for the project will arrive VERY frequently, so be sure to stay focused on the information provided through this blog as additional content/code becomes available.
We have a IRC channel setup at irc.freenode.net #zeq2 . Please visit for finding out how to get connected to servers and any help/information you may need.