Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 103, 104, 105  >>

Dragon Ball Multiverse

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shenku wrote : If they really wanted to explore the "what if" scenario of Vegeta as a girl, they could have easily done it without needing some "magical" explanation.

You have all these multiple universes, at least one of them had to have an instance where Vegeta had been born a girl. Likewise with every other character where they'd feel the need to explore this avenue of gender swapping.

Yes, they could, but those would be long and disturbing gender-swap sagas Laughing .

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 27, 2011

Characters being born a different gender, would just be the same as a different person being born, the character would have a different name and none of the life events would have gone the same way. It's the same as saying the character was never born. That's not very interesting.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 28, 2011

TRL wrote : Characters being born a different gender, would just be the same as a different person being born, the character would have a different name and none of the life events would have gone the same way. It's the same as saying the character was never born. That's not very interesting.

Not necessarily, it's possible that events could still follow a very similar course, resulting in similar outcomes. Kakarette might have still been sent to earth, for instance, and still have been found by Gohan and raised as an Earthling, eventually leading to all the same events as Dragonball Z, but with slightly different courses... The starting locations and paths may differ, but the destination can still be the same.

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Boring.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

If you take into account the plausibility of String Theory, every possible outcome of every possible universe (from the creation of the universe and beyond) would theoretically exist in some form or another.

Considering the application of this theory, this means that every fantasy movie/book you've seen and every dream you've ever had would technically be just another set of conditions in another universe.

It's a simple infinitesimal situation which validates the existence of anything and everything in some way.

A gender swap is a very minor thing.

Just by the fact that she is a girl she probably wouldn't end up in the same location on earth, her body mass would be much lighter and the physics affecting her route would make her travel slightly faster and enter the earth atmosphere differently.

Besides a female brain, would make totally different decisions in any life situation.

It's also the reason why I never wonder, what it would have been like if I were a girl, I would just have been a different person. How you think is what defines you.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Just by the fact that she is a girl she probably wouldn't end up in the same location on earth, her body mass would be much lighter and the physics affecting her route would make her travel slightly faster and enter the earth atmosphere differently.

Technically, there's not a significant enough difference in mass between a baby that's male versus one that's female. It's not until much later in maturity that the differences in weight becomes more distinct. When they're first born, I'd say its a matter of a few ounces to a pound, at most, and that's not really enough to offset something like a space pod that probably weighs close to a ton or more.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Well there is a difference, whether or not this effects physics enough I'm not sure, but that wasn't even my main point.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

It's not like Dragon Ball makes sense anyway... Rolling Eyes

ESFER25 wrote : It's not like Dragon Ball makes sense anyway... Rolling Eyes

Yeah but I'm trying to point out that gender swaps make even less sense Razz

It was never meant to.... Rolling Eyes

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

JayREEZY wrote :

It was never meant to.... Rolling Eyes

That's my point :]

Oh, sorry Embarassed Laughing

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TRL wrote :

Yeah but I'm trying to point out that gender swaps make even less sense Razz

Who ever heard of Alien Monkeys taking over entire planets? And who ever heard of energy blasts coming from the power of the soul of humans, humanoid animals that can apparently talk, and aliens? And who ever thought that magical balls that had the misfortune of being referred to as Dragon Balls?

I don't think gender swaps are that much out of reach from these oddities. The only reason you don't like this scenario is that it doesn't connect with any other facts like the original Dragon Ball story did.

If you say stuff like that, you just show me you don't understand what I mean.

I'm not saying the magic of turning someone female wouldn't be possible in a Dragon Ball universe.
I'm saying the whole concept is flawed, because you wouldn't be comparing the same person different gender but more like comparing brother and sister. If you get born another gender, you're a different person.

TRL wrote : If you say stuff like that, you just show me you don't understand what I mean.

I'm not saying the magic of turning someone female wouldn't be possible in a Dragon Ball universe.
I'm saying the whole concept is flawed, because you wouldn't be comparing the same person different gender but more like comparing brother and sister. If you get born another gender, you're a different person.

Ah, so "Tough Guy Vegeta" should've been transformed into "Weak Girl Vegeta" instead of "Tough Girl Vegeta," is that what you mean?

No.

TRL wrote : No.

Fine. Forget what I said. It's obviously incomprehensible to me at the moment. I'll just wait for the discussion to end. Idea

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

for that reason Vegeta is my favorite one...

Have to admit, that burned ground on the planet feels pretty satisfying. Smile

Reply with quote Thursday, December 01, 2011

*Shudders* I'd dislike to have Vegeta as my mother. Razz

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 02, 2011

Very interesting page. The name of the Namek is something with escargot spelled in an anagram.

I wonder if the cell junior will transform or something.

Looks like Goku's cells are kicking in.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 03, 2011

Who? Laughing

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 103, 104, 105  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]