Anoxable View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 02, 2011

Hope Zeq2lite wins this year.

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

VOTED Very Happy Very Happy

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Forgotten Hope 2, a WW2 mod for Battlefield 2 won last year. While Naruto: Naiteki Kensei won the previous year.

VladUzumaki View user's profile Send private message

Voted Wink

Anoxable View user's profile Send private message

All vote

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Epic wrote : All vote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 03, 2011

Sorry guys, my vote went out to Z warrior chronicles this year:p

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote : Sorry guys, my vote went out to Z warrior chronicles this year:p

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Both Z Chronicles and ZEQ2-lite are unfinished. Neither deserves a vote by the principles of the competition. Besides that, moddb itself is largely a superficial classification of mass mentality.

You all should feel ashamed for participation and propagation of such a frivolous non-dissective form of quality measurement.

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : Both Z Chronicles and ZEQ2-lite are unfinished. Neither deserves a vote by the principles of the competition. Besides that, moddb itself is largely a superficial classification of mass mentality.

You all should feel ashamed for participation and propagation of such a frivolous non-dissective form of quality measurement.

You have the worst marketing skills ever.

(Joke, before I get 3 paragraphs why it shouldn't be promoted)

Ankit View user's profile Send private message

Both Z Chronicles and ZEQ2-lite are unfinished. Neither deserves a vote by the principles of the competition. Besides that, moddb itself is largely a superficial classification of mass mentality.

I guess people voted for the game they like, so , there is nothing to feel ashamed.

Xuriox763 View user's profile Send private message

voted

I guess people voted for the game they like, so , there is nothing to feel ashamed.

Yes, but did you ever stop and question WHY you were voting for something and WHAT the end-goal was? What do feel will be achieved by casting a vote of your preferences based on a lack of objectivity (in most cases) or per-point comparisons? Do you think that users mindlessly clicking a vote link is an equatable replacement for a comprehensive breakdown of individual project features and goals? Is creativity and innovation even a relative factor to anyone? What about technical aspirations, progress, developer tenacity, or individual media composure? Is there even any measure of the vote beyond that of mere opinion?

If you can give me legitimate and logical rationale for this voting event beyond that which is trite and superficial, I'm fully willing to acknowledge it. Alas, I do not think that will be the case.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

It's about which mod/indie can get their userbase to vote the most.
It would be a reflection of how many people actually play the game and care enough to vote.
So the more players you have the more likely you're going to end high in the ranks.
For that reason I'm interested in what place we can achieve to kind of gauge how many people we are actually reaching.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : It's about which mod/indie can get their userbase to vote the most.
It would be a reflection of how many people actually play the game and care enough to vote.
So the more players you have the more likely you're going to end high in the ranks.
For that reason I'm interested in what place we can achieve to kind of gauge how many people we are actually reaching.

Not just that, but depending on where we place, it could mean more exposure for us to the gaming community at large than we currently have, which could lead to us developing a larger community around here. A bigger community could mean more potential contributors, which could in turn lead to more stuff being added to the SVN faster. Or at the very least, more people to play the game with on the servers, or talk with here on the forums. Either way is win/win all around in my opinion.

Even if it only pulls in ten people, that's still ten people that we might otherwise have never seen.

I say vote away.

C.m Punk View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 04, 2011

I voted for zeq2lite on moddb

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

@Shenku,
I agree with you Smile

Not just that, but depending on where we place, it could mean more exposure for us to the gaming community at large than we currently have, which could lead to us developing a larger community around here. A bigger community could mean more potential contributors, which could in turn lead to more stuff being added to the SVN faster. Or at the very least, more people to play the game with on the servers, or talk with here on the forums. Either way is win/win all around in my opinion.

Even if it only pulls in ten people, that's still ten people that we might otherwise have never seen.

I say vote away.

Intentions for the ZEQ project line come in many many layers, Shenku. While you seem versed on inner level goals that have been presented, you miss one very critical clue from the heart of its creation -- the name.

Most have questioned the "what" concerning the selection of letters, but few have questioned the "why". The primary reason this game uses the letters ZEQ in tandem is based on obscuring the project from the public -- hiding it from the majority and keeping it preserved as a wonderful gem hidden away for only a select few.

For you see, the goal has never been to attract a massive fanbase.

There's little point in having a community and project with hundreds of thousands of users with minds so easily impressioned/influenced by the popularized views of others. No, you fail to see the deception that has already applied to you and everyone on these boards. You've all been filtered.

Regardless of nationality, age, credence, personality, or capability -- only the curious, the tenacious, or the truly fanatical find their way to ZEQ2-lite's doors. Many of the community are raw and inexperienced, yet they remain driven and moldable. They have sought and found what they seek of their own accord and this identifies them beyond those without such qualities.

The more non-referral exposure ZEQ2-lite gets, the more "general mass" user types will amount on these boards. Those with any keen eye will have seen that this has happened to an extent already due to particular mediums.

Should the community get more active contributors? Of course. Should they do this through reckless exposure? Never. The ends don't justify the means.

I know this Brad, but that has kind of been given up the minute a moddb page was created. You decided to be part of it. But moddb members are mostly the kind of people you described, curious about new developing games. I don't see it as a bad thing.

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

I think Zeth is saying that if we win this, 2 gazillion a really cool guy's will show up next month. That's a nightmare and you know it Laughing .

I know this Brad, but that has kind of been given up the minute a moddb page was created. You decided to be part of it. But moddb members are mostly the kind of people you described, curious about new developing games. I don't see it as a bad thing.

Due to the awareness of the foundations of the project, I have always been against the idea of a moddb page (or any widespread public exposure). I'm pretty sure it was initially created by fans -- much like the facebook pages have been.

The reasons chosen to seize control over over it were rather obvious though. If something must exist despite best interests, it's much better to have a hand on the reigns to prevent misinformation (or to create it if need be).

Controlling core surface perception of a presentation can aid just as much as harm.

Hmmm interesting.

Well in any case I don't think it's that bad yet.

For every 1000 new members to the forum we get about 2 possibly new capable developers. Count it, I don't think we have amassed many more than 10 and we're around 5000 members now.

So in a way mass exposure is needed to filter out the tiny percentage of capable people.

And in any case the name filter is still there. It's still hard to find it on google if you search Dragon Ball Z mods/pc games. So don't worry about it.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

I'm a little confused by your intentions for wanting us to remain obscured from the gaming community at large...

We don't really have many people who regularly contribute to the game currently, and some of those who do will not be around forever, so we need to recruit new contributors at some point or the project stagnates(not dies, since an open source project never truly dies...), and goes nowhere...

I find it difficult to believe that people who are searching for a "hidden gem" will magically show up on our doorstep if they don't even know that we exist...

A small closely tied together community is all well and good, but eventually this community will wither away if we don't expand our user base at least a little... Infusing new blood is a good thing, done properly.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, December 05, 2011

Yes, I have to disagree with you, Brad. I would never have found ZEQ2-Lite if I never went through RealDeal's yolasite. I am quite capable of contributing, so far with just comments and helping new guys, but eventually I will extend my reach to programming and 3DS Max if I ever feel I will need it at some point, as well as GIMP work, which I found was much easier than I thought, thanks to TRL's tutorials.

Even though yolasite is not as popular as facebook or moddb, it still brings in outsiders that have the potential of contributing addons, while other outsiders will just play the game without much thought.

elektronas View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, December 05, 2011

Linkxp500 wrote : Yes, I have to disagree with you, Brad. I would never have found ZEQ2-Lite if I never went through RealDeal's yolasite. I am quite capable of contributing, so far with just comments and helping new guys, but eventually I will extend my reach to programming and 3DS Max if I ever feel I will need it at some point, as well as GIMP work, which I found was much easier than I thought, thanks to TRL's tutorials.

Even though yolasite is not as popular as facebook or moddb, it still brings in outsiders that have the potential of contributing addons, while other outsiders will just play the game without much thought.

I agree with you, Linkxp500. I would of never find ZEQ2-Lite withought the great www.dragonballzgamesforpc.yolasite.com... When I came here there was like less then 2000 people around, barely anything happened but as time passes there was more and more players around, then when SVN came, it was a HUGE blast for the comeback of ZEQ2-Lite, like a revived animal or human to his normal form and even better. That's when everything happened, the more developers, avatar makers, I would say that it was like 6 people came to help you on these things, just helped and nothing more. So Brad if you want to make the stable revision faster and better, the path to the ultimate ZEQ2-Lite is in Moddb, Indiedb and other network pages. If you want to have the same slow progress and make the stable revisio in like 3 years, go ahead, no one can stop you except for yourselves. My guess is, that if you don't expand the popularity of the game, it will go down like before, like Public Beta 1, people will lose hope and just not come back. I don't reallythink you want to have 20 people in the whole game who waits 3 years, don't you?

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]