Content

Dragon Quest X

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dragon Quest X is in the making and looks like it's back to Dragon Quest VIII caliber. This game world looks amazing!

Some strange things though, it's going to be a MMORPG and for the Wii. Crazy Japanese..

Here's some pictures I liked.

More screens here

http://www.rpgfan.com/pictures/Dragon_Quest_X/index.html

Malek View user's profile Send private message

I would definitely play this, mainly for the plot and gameplay Smile and for Toriyama's art of course

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I've still only played Dragon Warrior 1-6 (during my childhood), but this doesn't look all too bad in itself. The MMO concept is a slightly offputting though given the history and nature of the genre itself -- hardly think this is going to be any different than the others.

More than anything else I'd LOVE to see a classical 2D Dragon Warrior game that's online and multiplayer in an active/involving world. Not really any 2D overhead online rpgs that I am familiar with. This has been lightly attempted with the BYOND engine and was AWESOME despite all the network and performance bugs.

A polished 2D online dragon warrior like game would be pure gold.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Well it definitely wouldn't have point and click gameplay like most mmorpg's. They are staying true to the classic turn based gameplay.

I think this definitely would be a much better MMORPG than dragonball online, for one thing because they're not outsourcing it to the koreans.

Heh and Brad, you're so old school to still want 2D games like that. Try out Dragon Quest VIII, it's the exact same gameplay (fighting), only the exploring is in a 3D world.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wow, seems cool Very Happy

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]