Content

[FIXED] Unlimited Powerlevel

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 20, 2009

Version     : ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1
System      : Windows Vista 32bit
Description : When charging the Spirit Bomb and overcharging my powerlevel, (with f and d) I can extend my powerlevel without causing fatigue.
Just overcharging till halfway and then release Spirit Bomb, wait till you're bar is filled back up, and then charge up the powerlevel, will show you're bar at the powerlevel you overcharged it at, without and fatiguepenalty yet. This can be done over and over till infinity in theory.

I don't know if this is known yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen.
WHAT ITS OVER 9000!!!!! at Raditz, is kind of a nono!

raw^ View user's profile Send private message

max power level so far is 37356 or something like that

not unlimited *laughing out loud* .

Whatever, but that's not the point.
I could overcharge it without any penalty, and that's not what's supposed to happen.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

raw^ wrote : max power level so far is 37356 or something like that

not unlimited *laughing out loud* .

32767 is the max powerlevel

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Japieja wrote : Whatever, but that's not the point.
I could overcharge it without any penalty, and that's not what's supposed to happen.

You're right Japieja, it should at least come at the cost of fatigue. Well found.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Very creative bug find! Was not aware. Nice catch, Japieja.

Reply with quote Monday, September 28, 2009

Hmm. In inspection, I'm not sure exactly how to recreate this bug. Anyone care to produce a demo file or video?

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 28, 2009

Zeth wrote : Hmm. In inspection, I'm not sure exactly how to recreate this bug. Anyone care to produce a demo file or video?

Doesn't work for me either. I charge a Spirit Bomb and press f+d at the same time, but it gives me fatigue as normal.

Reply with quote Saturday, October 03, 2009

It's not like that.
When you charge it and power up with f+d at the same time, you do get fatigue.. BUT..
after throwing you're Spirit Bomb and you wait a couple of seconds till you're bar refills, THEN you can charge up till the Powerlevel you gotten too, WHILE FATIGUED, when charging the Spirit Bomb, but then this time, its you're max powerlevel.

So you can expand you're powerlevel this way without dying, and without overpowering, if you do it this way.

I don't have fraps or any recordingprogram so I can't record the process

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : Use the following (the name is optional) at the console to start recording a demo file :

/record myDemo

And then this to stop recording :

/stoprecord

You can bind both of these to keys for quick access by using the following :

/bind F2 record
/bind F3 stoprecord

Lets get a demo thread going, guys! Demos for bugs would be nice as well.

Okay I recorded the process.. only thing is; its a .dm_68!? file?

How to watch it? I can post it so you can watch it if you know how to, but I don't know how to watch it myself.

A little explaination about the movie:

I start off at 1000 power level, during the Spirit Bomb charge I overpower with F+D till about 1500 power level overcharged (which does get yellow)
Then I release the Spirit Bomb, wait till fatigue wears off and then F+D power up till max, which then:
TADAAA is at 1500 (which I previously overcharged at during the Spirit Bomb charge)

EDIT: oh I just found out I can't add the file as the extension isn't allowed.

EDIT2: Tried to fraps,. but files keep getting to big, can't get it below 300mb, and that's with sound of half screen and low FPS..

wildy View user's profile Send private message

You don't have to release Spirit Bomb for that Smile You just do F+D. I thought it was meant to be like that. *intense laughter*

Use /play <demoName> to play the demo back. No need to record anything else (video-wise). You should be able to zip the file and attach on these forums still.

I start off at 1000 power level, during the Spirit Bomb charge I overpower with F+D till about 1500 power level overcharged (which does get yellow) Then I release the Spirit Bomb, wait till fatigue wears off and then F+D power up till max, which then: TADAAA is at 1500 (which I previously overcharged at during the Spirit Bomb charge)

That's called overpowering to reach higher power levels. It's not only proper behavior, but also listed in the guide under the power level section.

You don't have to be charging the Spirit Bomb to do this.

Hellhound5 View user's profile Send private message

I do that all the time without the Spirit Bomb just press f +d then wait till fatigue goes away then f+d and that's your max power level O.o' I thought you made the game like that *intense laughter*

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]