Content

Fogging Tutorial.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hello, this will help you how to add proper Fogging in maps. Follow the steps are as follow:

1:NON-hollowed brush, over (3) (Mesh)
2:Brush stealing the entire map.
3:Mesh (ASE file)
4:Texture browser showing the Fog shader.

Create a brush over the entire map, or the desired region. Do NOT hollow the brush. Go to the texture menu, (T) Search for your fog shader. See fog shader reference below.

maps/TournamentMap/tournamentfog
{
   qer_editorimage maps/TournamentMap/fog.jpg
   surfaceparm fog
   surfaceparm nodraw
   surfaceparm nonsolid
   surfaceparm trans
   surfaceparm nolightmap
   fogparms ( 1 0.85 1 ) 175000
}

surfaceparm nonsolid- Will make the brush a non-solid matter.

surfaceparm nodraw- Will not draw any texture of any sort.(Just the entity)

surfaceparm fog- Informs the engine, that this brush will emit fog in the game world.

fogparms ( 1 0.85 1 ) 175000- "( 1 0.85 1 )" <-This decimal numerical pattern, controls the color of the fog itself. (Should be the same color as the fog in the sky shader). "175000" <----This large number, controls the distance of the fog. (Do your own experiential sessions)

NOTE: If your shader file is not properly stamped together, your texture in the texture browser, won't draw a white line around the circumference of the texture box.

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Great Laughing

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thanks Baldwin, you're the best Wink . Do you think you can show us map compiling step-by-step? I know there's a tutorial for that already, but I still can't get maps in-game. The game crashes when I open the map I made....

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]