Content

Important discomforting issue

SuperNamek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 23, 2011

Not really a bug, but needs the attention of the Devs.

A few months ago I discovered a way to change the body parts of my character using knowledge from other Quake games. Anyway, I realized how this could ruin ZEQ2 if people found out. Having a server full of freaks and all. Anyway, I tried to keep it a secret but the people in NL who saw me do it have been trying to do it ever since. Long story short, one guy found out, told his friend, accidently gave someone a big hint, other guy found out, told his friends.

In the end 7 people from NL knew how. I did my best to contain it in NL. The only problem was that one of the members wasn't actually in NL. And some silly goose told him.

His name is [NL]Peace Also known as !TKNiFIRE (he's not in either clans.)

He went and told Cooler and who knows who else.

So I suspect within a short period, we are going to see a whole lot of this.....

and other discomforting combinations.

If any of the developers need to know how this is done then ask me in a PM. I'm not going to tell anyone who isn't part of the Dev team. But I'm sure they probably already know how, since they are devs and all.

====edit=====

Peace is telling people on coolers server. So won't be long now Razz

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Thing is, this doesn't bother the server hosting official ZEQ2-lite like Stealth's server.

LegendarySS4 wrote : Thing is, this doesn't bother the server hosting official ZEQ2-lite like Stealth's server.

What do you mean? Like they don't care? Or has no effect?

Xosi View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* I always wanted to do that body shift trick *intense laughter*

Xosi wrote : *laughing out loud* I always wanted to do that body shift trick *intense laughter*

*looks at xosi's avatar*

So that's who delivers the presents. Gokus the only one who could get it all done in one night *intense laughter*.

I want a Dragon Ball for xmas.

Xosi View user's profile Send private message

SuperNamek wrote :

Xosi wrote : *laughing out loud* I always wanted to do that body shift trick *intense laughter*

*looks at xosi's avatar*

So that's who delivers the presents. Gokus the only one who could get it all done in one night *intense laughter*.

I want a Dragon Ball for xmas.

No can't do.. You have been super Evil or Very Mad

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

/model Goku
/headmodel Raditz
/legsmodel Piccolo

That's not something secret and it's not something leftover from Quake 3. It was a feature specifically added back when the SVN revision was merged over to make combination setups easier. You can see it in the changelogs as well as it being mentioned in the past in several threads.

It's not a bug and it doesn't detriment gameplay in the least. That's like saying /r_greyscale 1 is some kind of exploitable feature.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 24, 2011

Heh, I knew that before the 15th March release Razz
Good morning!

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

I love this....this is amazing why didn't I know before?

Gokan View user's profile Send private message

Fusion of cell, frieza, andbuu? Awesome!

I know its quake 3 command and not a bug. But all I'm saying is that its going to get pretty discomforting when people start making hideous combinations. ZEQ2 will look more like a dressup game. But if it doesn't bother anyone, then whatever.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

I don't see any issues with it being left in, personally. Besides, if you guys are creative with your addons, you can practically make new characters by mix and matching model pieces.

Like this for example...

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wow, I've never tried that one Shenku O.o

Check out this fruitcake of nature Laughing

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]