Content

Windows 8 Consumer Preview x86-x64 (English)

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 03, 2012

*snip*

INFO:
X86(32ABIT)
X64(64ABIT)
BOTH INCLUDED IN .ISO FORMAT!

release Date: 29th Feb 2012
expire on Jan 15, 2013

*snip*

Free Windows 8 Tweaker for Enabling/Disabling Metro UI:
*snip*

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Watermark removal Method:
*snip*[/url]

it's not DEVELOPER PREVIEW! ITS NEWER, BETTER!
Lot of things fixed since last free version.

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

Wow if I install this will it erase all my current data?

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Can I hold two OS's at once? Or maybe partition my hard drive or something that will let me return to windows XP if I don't like it? Both of my re-installation CD's broke.

no, it won't delete and very fast install 5-10 min

you can own two windows or os at the same time..

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Why are you listing pirate bay.

The thing is freely downloadable from microsoft itself. Its a public alpha fgs >.<

In any case I'm not getting it. I want my PC to stay a PC and not become a crossbreed between a PC, a MAC and a tablet.

I still have no idea what microsoft was thinking with the whole metro thing. But from what I've seen this may just be the excuse I need to finally switch to Linux.

Its like they took everything people didn't like about Macs (including mac users) and put it in to windows 8.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Metro can't be disabled at all in this release. And I mean it.
Same goes for Aero. Desktop compositing must be enabled all time, since it's the backbone of the Metro interface altogether.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote : Why are you listing pirate bay.

The thing is freely downloadable from microsoft itself. Its a public alpha fgs >.<

In any case I'm not getting it. I want my PC to stay a PC and not become a crossbreed between a PC, a MAC and a tablet.

I still have no idea what microsoft was thinking with the whole metro thing. But from what I've seen this may just be the excuse I need to finally switch to Linux.

Its like they took everything people didn't like about Macs (including mac users) and put it in to windows 8.

I'm more adjusted to what the Linux world has to offer than anyone here is. And, good thing there are choices there.

But two of the main desktop environments, GNOME Shell and Unity are going to a more tablet-like interface design (Especially GNOME Shell). While KDE is the most closest to Windows (although it's 10 times more customizable and trickier) and most GNOME Shell or Unity haters are desperately clinging to use the classical GNOME (GNOME 2.3x) once again.

XFCE4 and LXDE are good lightweight desktop environments, for those who seek a more traditional approach.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

I thought warez were not allowed on this site.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download

Pirate bay not warez, its plundering booty! haha

Can anyone seed please? I've been trying for 10 minutes and not a single seed.

*stunned* Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

I am currently running XP.

sorry for the 3 consecutive posts but how to I revert to xp?

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

is this windows 8 released

is this free

is this large or small

can I put 2 os like win 7 and win 8 on my pc please tell *intense laughter* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 04, 2012

Aravind wrote : is this windows 8 released

is this free

is this large or small

can I put 2 os like win 7 and win 8 on my pc please tell *intense laughter* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Its a public beta. it's not finished, buggy and quite frankly from what I've seen it vacuums buttocks.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 05, 2012

Grega wrote : Its a public beta. it's not finished, buggy and quite frankly from what I've seen it vacuums buttocks.

The worst part is, that developer preview got me a lot of trouble. It ruined my install of Microsoft Office 2007, so I got a pirated Microsoft Office 2010. Many of my programs were removed or uninstalled, which ticked me off. >.>

I lost a lot of data from that damnable preview. Even worse, I lost compatibility with some programs. It took me 2 weeks to get everything back to semi-normal.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]