Content

Freiza's transformation bug

Nebton View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hello guys,I'm new and I wanna say that in revision 1536 each time I'm freiza and I want to transform,my character becomes invisible and the other players abuses that bug by becoming invisible and shooting death beam at anyone,also when you try to charge death ball you don't wait even 2 secs your character keeps firing about 2 death balls at the second which makes the server lag a lot until it freezes. Sad

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

you can't transform with freeza in rev1536 dude. why not try downloading 1536 again?

Matt15690/Darksayain View user's profile Send private message

I can't create a online server? and there are no servers open for me to join D:

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Yes, that's not a bug, that actually sounds like a revision issue. If you do have the correct revision, then either you're running Frieza as an addon(the current stable version has no transformations for him unless you specifically added them), or the server is a later version than what you're running, or it's an addon server for which you don't have the appropriate addons for.

Frieza shooting tons of "death balls" is also not a bug, it's just an unfinished attack. Honestly, people shouldn't be playing as Frieza in recent revisions at all yet, because his attacks were never finished and balanced properly. I thought I uploaded a fix for the Death Ball Barrage attack to have smaller explosions and radius', but I guess people like the earlier more easily abused lag-fest version...

iGoBOOM View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 01, 2012

Yes, it is a addon. I had it myself. Once you transform with it, it only shows his purple part of his head. And his tail. And he has 2 death balls instead of one and a disk. The first one spams deathballs 2 in one click. The other never loads.

RealKai View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 02, 2012

Sad freizas bug vacuums.....

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Again, this is not a bug. It's an issue with using an addon on a non-addon server. Of course it's not going to work correctly on that server.

And if it's an issue with the character itself(even on local servers), then talk with the person who uploaded the addon to begin with, because they either messed something up with how they packaged it(missing files), or they changed some setting/configuration they shouldn't have.

The official Frieza in the current SVN development build is not bugged, only incomplete. Do not confuse the two.

iGoBOOM View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Shenku wrote : Again, this is not a bug. It's an issue with using an addon on a non-addon server. Of course it's not going to work correctly on that server.

And if it's an issue with the character itself(even on local servers), then talk with the person who uploaded the addon to begin with, because they either messed something up with how they packaged it(missing files), or they changed some setting/configuration they shouldn't have.

The official Frieza in the current SVN development build is not bugged, only incomplete. Do not confuse the two.

It's not an addon, but then again it is. They took the Frieza from current revisions and kind of toyed with him a little. The Frieza he's talking about is "buggy" on all servers because its,like you said, and unfinished Frieza.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 05, 2012

Directly from Dictionary.com:

~~~~

Bug:
1    [buhg] noun, verb, bugged, bug·ging.
noun
1. Also called true bug, hemipteran, hemipteron. a hemipterous insect.
2. (loosely) any insect or insectlike invertebrate.
3. Informal . any microorganism, especially a virus: He was laid up for a week by an intestinal bug.
4. Informal . a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan; glitch: The test flight discovered the bugs in the new plane.

~~~~

in·com·plete
   [in-kuhm-pleet]
adjective
not complete; lacking some part.

~~~~

How are these two even remotely able to be confused? Their definitions are clearly different from each other...

Is Frieza functioning as intended? No. Is he completed? Again, no. But keep in mind, your bicycle won't function as intended either if you don't put the wheels on it, but that doesn't mean there's a mechanical "bug" with the design of the bike just because it doesn't have wheels yet. It just means you need to stop riding the bike down a steep hill until you get your mechanic(One of us Devs with SVN access, in this case, or perhaps you if you would like to contribute Wink ) to put the wheels on it...

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Well, Shenku, to answer your question of how people relate the two concepts, let me bring up something about games.

As you may know, games these days are released much more quickly and in greater masses than they did even a decade ago. Why is this? Because they release games filled with bugs due to the game not being completely tested and fixed up before the release date. People consider whatever material is released to be incomplete because the bugs make the object only function partially.

In the case of games, many bugs "break the game." Therefore, the player cannot "complete the game," and start announcing the game as "an incomplete game filled with bugs."

Hope that helps. Razz

EDIT: Whenever a game or asset is released as "Version 1.0," it is prone to be called "an incomplete game filled with bugs" if any game-breaking bugs exist. However, if it is announced to still be in development, it is just incomplete but needs to have its bugs ironed out, and it isn't called a game.

If there are no game-breaking bugs but does have minor bugs, it is just bugged.

If it isn't announced to be the first release or later, then it is just incomplete and is not considered to be bugged, although it does have bugs, both game-breaking and minor.

Am I making sense. Razz

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

As you may know, games these days are released much more quickly and in greater masses than they did even a decade ago. Why is this?

That's not necessarily true. The development cycle of a commercial game project still varies based on the scope of the project and level of framework/asset reusage. Some games even today take years of development.

People consider whatever material is released to be incomplete because the bugs make the object only function partially.

People should not automatically consider what is released to be incomplete unless it is specified as such. When a game is released (especially commercially) without a beta/alpha/internal stamp on it -- THAT is when you should consider it released (whether it contains bugs or not).

The bottom line is that a bug should only be defined if the behavior/aspect is not as the designer thought he was constructing. A missing feature, on the other hand, is when the behavior/aspect is not as the designer wishes/intends.

Developer intention is everything when distinguishing the two.
A bug suggests a mistake. A missing feature suggests a lack of progress.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

I suppose that makes sense. Razz

I was initially suggesting reasons why many people (that is, those that are not developers) confuse incomplete and bugged. Laughing

I mean, the SVN is public, meaning that every new revision is "released."

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I mean, the SVN is public, meaning that every new revision is "released."

The SVN version also comes with a disclaimer explaining that there are missing features (as well as bugs). It is also classified as a open/public beta.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]