Content

Frozen Screen

CookieMonster View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 21, 2012

Well,hello everybody.This is my first time posting here and everything was fine until I encountered a nasty problem.First of all,I use Windows 7,my computer is good enough to run the game with pretty much no lag,and I also use the Revolution 5 add-on.Anyways,I used to be able to connect to the games and play,but there was a little issue that made me disconnect sometimes.It said "Awaiting Snapshot" and then it kept me waiting like that for a while and then it just quit the game.But that stopped after I switched to the safe mode graphical settings.Then when I tried to connect to any game at all,including the ones that I made,after everyone's character and the map loads,it just gets stuck at the loading screen but the game starts,as far as I can tell from the sounds.I can play and everything but the image is stuck in the loading screen,so I can see absolutely nothing.And if I happen to minimize the game and then maximize it,all I have is a black screen and an otherwise perfectly functioning game.Of course I can't play right now and I have no idea what causes this.Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

I would assume you are not connecting to a server through the graphical interface, but instead connecting through joining IPs manually. Is this correct?

Nope.I just click Play and join a server that seems fine.And it happens in ALMOST all the servers,I thought it may be because of my add-on but I can't even play on Revolution servers.I could play on only one game after making this post.I just join games and the bug keeps happening.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Maybe the problem is that you don't have the same map,different textures

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

Try 1536 Smile

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 22, 2012

CookieMonster wrote : Well,hello everybody.This is my first time posting here and everything was fine until I encountered a nasty problem.First of all,I use Windows 7,my computer is good enough to run the game with pretty much no lag,and I also use the Revolution 5 add-on.Anyways,I used to be able to connect to the games and play,but there was a little issue that made me disconnect sometimes.It said "Awaiting Snapshot" and then it kept me waiting like that for a while and then it just quit the game.But that stopped after I switched to the safe mode graphical settings.Then when I tried to connect to any game at all,including the ones that I made,after everyone's character and the map loads,it just gets stuck at the loading screen but the game starts,as far as I can tell from the sounds.I can play and everything but the image is stuck in the loading screen,so I can see absolutely nothing.And if I happen to minimize the game and then maximize it,all I have is a black screen and an otherwise perfectly functioning game.Of course I can't play right now and I have no idea what causes this.Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.

Don't know if it's relevant, but I sometimes have a frozen screen, when I tab out to windows desktop, if I go back again then, I hear everything but my screen is frozen, then I have to tab out and in again to have it working again.

Domitjen wrote :

CookieMonster wrote : Well,hello everybody.This is my first time posting here and everything was fine until I encountered a nasty problem.First of all,I use Windows 7,my computer is good enough to run the game with pretty much no lag,and I also use the Revolution 5 add-on.Anyways,I used to be able to connect to the games and play,but there was a little issue that made me disconnect sometimes.It said "Awaiting Snapshot" and then it kept me waiting like that for a while and then it just quit the game.But that stopped after I switched to the safe mode graphical settings.Then when I tried to connect to any game at all,including the ones that I made,after everyone's character and the map loads,it just gets stuck at the loading screen but the game starts,as far as I can tell from the sounds.I can play and everything but the image is stuck in the loading screen,so I can see absolutely nothing.And if I happen to minimize the game and then maximize it,all I have is a black screen and an otherwise perfectly functioning game.Of course I can't play right now and I have no idea what causes this.Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.

Don't know if it's relevant, but I sometimes have a frozen screen, when I tab out to windows desktop, if I go back again then, I hear everything but my screen is frozen, then I have to tab out and in again to have it working again.

I've had that issue with my laptop, and I think it had something to do with the firewall settings or something. Maybe you should ask Arnold if he knows how to fix it.

Well when I tab out the issue seems to occur more often.I will try not tabbing out at all and report in a few minutes.Oh and,how can I know if I have the same map or not?

Edit:Nope,not working.I've had the focus on the game the entire time it loaded and I even entered a server with a single player and no changes.I tried alt tabbing in and out but since I play on windowed mode it doesn't make a huge difference,in fact,none(And no,I did try playing in fullscreen too.Same results.).I have no idea what causes this,like at all.

Reply with quote Monday, April 23, 2012

How about deleting the "zeq2config.cfg" and "zeq2config_server.cfg"?

Once you do that, re-enter the game so that they will be recreated without issues. Then you can customize everything again, and SHOULD be able to play.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]