Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4

Earth Special Forces release Schedule

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 15, 2012

LegendarySS4 wrote : Nothing is perfect. Final one will have bugs and glitches that's why I support a beta but that too has a 50/50 problem.

I know it's hard that anything can be perfect but what I meant to say with that is that the final version would be better than a demo it wouldn't have a lot of bugs and I don't what else and of course the final version would have all characters and maps that's why I think it's better to wait than get a demo full with bugs and incomplete

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Domitjen wrote : Will there still be any support or patches if there would be various bugs or glitches reported after the release? Things you guys overlooked or didn't account for ?

Or will it really be releasing,going separate ways and that's the end of that?

Only game breaking stuff like crashing or memory leaks or stuff like that.

But only if its found really early. Then it's the whole separate ways thing.

LegendarySS4 wrote : Nothing is perfect. Final one will have bugs and glitches that's why I support a beta but that too has a 50/50 problem.

Richma wrote :

I know it's hard that anything can be perfect but what I meant to say with that is that the final version would be better than a demo it wouldn't have a lot of bugs and I don't what else and of course the final version would have all characters and maps that's why I think it's better to wait than get a demo full with bugs and incomplete

And here we have 2 more examples of people who don't understand the whole Phased release.

Phase 1 would not be a beta release.

I don't understand Grega what do you want to say?

Richma wrote : I don't understand Grega what do you want to say?

I want to say that the Phase 1 release would not be a beta. It would be a full release. It just wouldn't have ALL the content planned for the Final stage.

Not a beta or anything like that.

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 16, 2012

Grega wrote :

I want to say that the Phase 1 release would not be a beta. It would be a full release. It just wouldn't have ALL the content planned for the Final stage.

Even if you release the final version later many bugs will be found.You know nothing is perfect.Even you,me or anyone else in the world or the whole universe!

Grega wrote :

Grega I did say I want a full relase not a beta I'm voting for the final and I'll wait that's what I wanted to say

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

alishan22 wrote :

Grega wrote :

Even if you release the final version later many bugs will be found.You know nothing is perfect.Even you,me or anyone else in the world or the whole universe!

Alishan, if the bugs are found AFTER the team splits, the players should live with it or try fixing it themselves.

Not much else you can do. You can't force a team that separated to come back together to fix what little bugs were left. Additionally, they would have different contacts. So you couldn't just email the team email and expect them all to receive it. You'd have to email each and every one, then attempt to persuade them to come back to fix the bugs.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

I said 50/50...

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

After Earth Special Forces final releases there is nothing wrong if the team separates,I am sure some new group will take over the game and start fixing bugs just like Bid For Power

I am talking about 3rd party groups

RealDeal wrote : After Earth Special Forces final releases there is nothing wrong if the team separates,I am sure some new group will take over the game and start fixing bugs just like Bid For Power

I'm expecting a lot of Brolly models..

RealDeal wrote : After Earth Special Forces final releases there is nothing wrong if the team separates,I am sure some new group will take over the game and start fixing bugs just like Bid For Power

I kind of doubt that.

They would at least need some lectures on the way Earth Special Forces is coded. You forget that it's not just Half-Life.

It uses various newer age shaders that had to be rewritten to work with an older version of OpenGL and the sort.

Besides bug fixing itself is a tough thing in the first place. Doing bug fixes on customized code you did not write is a lot harder. Then again first they would still need to acquire the code. And for that they would need to convince one of our coders to hand it over.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

It uses various newer age shaders that had to be rewritten to work with an older version of OpenGL and the sort.

"New-age" GPU shaders are pretty trivial.

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zeth wrote :

"New-age" GPU shaders are pretty trivial.

Trivial maybe, but part of the code and causing issues when it comes to ATI cards. they have a zippy OpenGL support Sad

In any case I should say thanks for not jumping me for calling them new age shaders ^^

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Trivial maybe, but part of the code and causing issues when it comes to ATI cards. they have a zippy OpenGL support

I cannot recall what Raven said before. Are you using GLSL or CG? Unless you are writing for less than shader model 2 (1.* assembly shaders), you shouldn't be having issues between various cards.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

first they would still need to acquire the code. And for that they would need to convince one of our coders to hand it over.

well the least you could do is make the source code public after the final Earth Special Forces release since you guys won't be working on it anymore

RealDeal wrote :

first they would still need to acquire the code. And for that they would need to convince one of our coders to hand it over.

well the least you could do is make the source code public after the final Earth Special Forces release since you guys won't be working on it anymore

Doubt they would do it.

Zeth wrote :

Trivial maybe, but part of the code and causing issues when it comes to ATI cards. they have a zippy OpenGL support

I cannot recall what Raven said before. Are you using GLSL or CG? Unless you are writing for less than shader model 2 (1.* assembly shaders), you shouldn't be having issues between various cards.

We were initially using GLSL because ATI cards only supported that. Later on we started having some issues with NVIDIA cards (newer drivers were kind of broken in that area for a release or 2, but they are working again).

So at that point we kind of made it a multiple choice system depending on the card.

We use GLSL versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 along side V4, GP4 and GP5 for NVIDIA cards.

Though due to some new shader additions, and Ryo rewriting SSAO for better performance I think we may loose support for GLSL 1.2, not sure about the V4.

So yeah we have pretty much a multiple choice system ^^

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 22, 2012

Grega wrote :

najeeb wrote : cs... ?

ID has numerous mods which allow it to be as fun as it is , heck I never played cs more than 4months with out mods

And all those mods are AMXX based. And Earth Special Forces can also be moded with AMXX.

BUT can it allow to mod it like you guys did with hl1 ? complete changes

and I don't get it , why not release the whole source code , it's not like you guys are going to make money from it

Reply with quote Monday, April 23, 2012

najeeb wrote : why not release the whole source code , it's not like you guys are going to make money from it

that's actually entirely possible. It can be used for other things and not just Earth Special Forces you know.

As for AMXX. It allows the kind of changes that ECX is. ECX is an AMXX pluggin for Earth Special Forces.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]