Content

bots

Naguto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 18, 2010

I own quake 3 arena and I want to no is there any way to put its bot files in ZEQ lite.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

again...

So you want a bunch of bots who can only run and shoot kiblasts? Because that's about all what quake 3 bots do.

Shane View user's profile Send private message

I would like that.

I understand this I was only wondering if it would work

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Bots aren't just a bunch of files that you can take and put into another game. It's code. Not going to happen unless we get a dedicated AI programmer. And by the look of things here, this place is the last place we'll attract someone like that.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

No they bloody well won't work. Just how many times does this interlectually lacking question have to be answered before people get the slam idea?

As has been said on countless occasions in the many threads about bots which you would have read if you bothered to look, THE Quake 3 BOT CODE IN ZEQ2LITE IS BROKEN!

Further more, even if the bot code was not broken, the attacks system is totally different to the Quake 3 weapons system so the bots would not be able to shoot any attack which requires a charge, it wouldn't be able to determine which attack to use, it would not use secondary attacks at all and most of all it would never actually hit anything.

So, to sum up, in large red letters, THERE ARE NO WORKING BOTS IN THE GAME, NO AMOUNT OF COPYING Quake 3'S BOT CONFIGS OR ANY OTHER FILES WOULD HELP AND THE WHOLE REMAINING BOT CODE NEEDS GUTTING AND REDOING.

Savvy?

Edit: Ahh, Dave beat me to it.

Not forgetting to mention that even if the bots did work, and behaved properly, we still need to compile .aas files which contain waypoints and other data for each map. It's improbable to generate an .aas file with our maps. Thus the bot code needs to be changed not only in the game code, but also the engine code.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

MDave wrote : Bots aren't just a bunch of files that you can take and put into another game. It's code. Not going to happen unless we get a dedicated AI programmer. And by the look of things here, this place is the last place we'll attract someone like that.

Never say never...maybe someday someone with big love to Dragon Ball Z will give his free time to do that...

And yeah it would be nice to see Goku with rocket luncher

EDIT: To MDave...everything seems hard and complex but it's not improbable

Regards

okay sorry

Buksna wrote :

MDave wrote : Bots aren't just a bunch of files that you can take and put into another game. It's code. Not going to happen unless we get a dedicated AI programmer. And by the look of things here, this place is the last place we'll attract someone like that.

Never say never...maybe someday someone with big love to Dragon Ball Z will give his free time to do that...

And yeah it would be nice to see Goku with rocket luncher

EDIT: To MDave...everything seems hard and complex but it's not improbable

Regards

Oh I'd love to be proven wrong about someone taking up the task, but I'm just not going to expect it. Don't have high hopes for bots any time in the future.

I tried but failed

Soul_Huey View user's profile Send private message

I would exactly take up the task but then again I'm learning to model so ehh

Unless you already have a top notch understanding of the C language and are experienced with the Quake 3 engine, it's not even worth saying "I'll learn what I need and give it a go."

AI is a whole seperate topic on top of general games programming. An already experienced programming saying he'll give it a shot is one thing, but it's utterly beyond the scope of any beginner.

Soul_Huey View user's profile Send private message

geez okay ._. all I said I would do it but I'm learning to model.... I mean what the heck "sorry" ._.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Man, this forum is starting to feel like we are fighting global stupidity here.

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's also starting to feel like some people can't read an informative post without thinking it's insulting them in some bizarre manner.

killer88990 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 08, 2010

GUYS IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT BOTS THEN FIGHT ME I'm A TOTAL BOT NO MORE RESPONS ON MY COMMENT okay

Reply with quote Thursday, April 08, 2010

STOP REVIVING OLD TOPICS AND TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

It's a pain in the buttocks.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]