Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

The Next Level

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 03, 2012

RealDeal wrote :

ZEQ2's has begun. ZEQ2-Lite has addon packs.

so work has started on ZEQ2 again?

he said it kind of clear man Laughing

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Skatter wrote : *all of your posts*

I feel quite motivated by your post and those that you and Zeth have made earlier, which is the sole reason I've asked ScifiSpirit and Zeth to teach me some programming(and it was quite rewarding I think).

However, I still feel lost about what I should be using this knowledge for regarding ZEQ2-Lite, due to the fact that there is no feature list for the "full version".

As for ZEQ2, that's on the Unity engine, which doesn't utilize C as far as I know Neutral

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

As for ZEQ2, that's on the Unity engine, which doesn't utilize C as far as I know

Unity (in our regard) uses C#. If you have knowledge of C on a broad scope, it won't take that much of a jump to learn C#. Although it does have many more capabilities with being an object-oriented language and all, much of the core logic and behavior is same between most languages.

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Maszek wrote :
However, I still feel lost about what I should be using this knowledge for regarding ZEQ2-Lite, due to the fact that there is no feature list for the "full version".

ZEQ2-Lite's feature list was never hidden, really. It's just that ZEQ2-Lite is a sandbox. Something to play in, to learn, to grow, to get better, so that you can move on to ZEQ2.

As far as feature list for ZEQ2? Let me explain the "features" of ZEQ2 as best as I can, as related to me a long time ago by a member who I haven't spoken with in ages:

ZEQ2 is intended to be a fully interactive experience, rather than just a game. It is an attempt to translate a two-dimensional series onto a three-dimensional interactive plane. In short, if it happened in the series, it will be reproducible in ZEQ2! This means attacks, skills, art, music, and anything else you can think of.

So when you ask about the "feature list" for ZEQ2, ask yourself what features Dragon Ball Z has, and there's your answer Smile

*Edit - http://ZEQ2.com/site/viewtopic.php?t=50 <-- Best explanation I can give, and also gives a much better insight to what I'm trying to say.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Skatter wrote :
Are you really asking us to try and be as kick-in-the-pants awesome as The Real Legend??!?!?!?!

Haha Razz

Well I'm not asking. It can be so if you demand it of yourself.

I was just making an example though, to drive the point home that time is not a factor unless you think it is or want it to be as an excuse.

Also, to any of you who are curious about what's going on, I invite you to join the IRC, preferrably via a client. I for, instance, use Trillian to join, but there are more available.

When you join, though, why not leave your IRC client idling? We aren't always readily available (as previously stated, all of the developers have lives) and I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm always happy to help answer any development-related questions you may have!

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

You forgot to mention the channel Skatter... Razz

alishan22 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 04, 2012

Skatter wrote :

RealDeal wrote :
so work has started on ZEQ2 again?

Yes it has. If you'd like to see some of the particle tests I ran, I'll refer you to that old particle thread I made.

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?p=138291&highlight=#138291

I'd like to mention that more is being done than what I have shown, but I'm just showing what I personally did. Which as you can see, isn't much. Which is why I reiterate that it's not as overwhelming or daunting as you might think Wink

Oh! so there is some unity work.....

Reply with quote Saturday, August 04, 2012

nielsmillikan wrote : You forgot to mention the channel Skatter... Razz

Thanks for doing that for me!

Just join both #ZEQ2 and #zeq2development. And guys, you CAN leave your IRC client idling there. That way, if I (or any other person you're trying to talk to) am not around, I (or they) can get back to you. It's not weird to do that, and many (developers and non) leave their clients connected 24 hours per day.

alishan22 wrote :
Oh! so there is some unity work.....

Well, it's not flashy, but I try to post things in that particle thread that are of note, mostly just to help others learn Wink

I will say that is the only bit of Unity work I've posted, though. However, others have done a lot more than I have. I'm just a grunt!

RoganX Classy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Just when you think you can go on a vacation for a week, part 2 of the revolution kicks in! And you miss the start!

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 08, 2012

RoganX wrote : Just when you think you can go on a vacation for a week, part 2 of the revolution kicks in! And you miss the start!

*laughing out loud*, so did I. Laughing Rise and shine sleepyhead!

Now we just gotta get Baldwin and Rasengan out of hiding...

Reply with quote Thursday, August 09, 2012

Heh, and then I mysteriously vanish. I'd like to apologize, guys. I'm having to use a friend's internet to send this. I'm in a rural area that has to use multiple wireless receivers to pipe internet to my location. Lightning took out the two most crucial receivers. The company that provides internet in my area is working on it, but it might be a couple of days before I have even the connection that I had last week Crying or Very sad

Keep pushing, though! I recommend downloading unity, and even though I'm not there, idle in the IRC, soak up conversation, and as soon as I get back, you guys can get me up to speed on what's going on!

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 09, 2012

Why not join the forum? ZEQ2+ZEQ2-Lite?

http://ZEQ2.com/site/index.php
+
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 10, 2012

the ZEQ2 forums are always there, there's millons of people on, and there working like crazy

qwerty wrote : Why not join the forum? ZEQ2+ZEQ2-Lite?

http://ZEQ2.com/site/index.php
+
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/

Because the two projects are not one and the same. Sure it might be convenient, but those forums serve as a reminder. A reminder to constantly better our skills (in not just modeling, texturing, and animating, but ANY area that we can help) so that one day this forum might be as great as that one!

*Edit - Also, here's another unimpressive video demonstrating some of the flexibility that comes from Unity. Unless we needed a specific texture (say, for a signature move) we could simply keep a gray-scale texture (like for the energy ball, here) and modify it to whatever color we needed inside unity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IXj5fdRJI

I'd imagine this could work for Auras, Explosions, and a few other things, as well.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

"next level" kind of funny...

AnTy wrote : "next level" kind of funny...

I never meant to imply that I was on that level. That's just the next stage of ZEQ2-Lite. The next stage, really, is ZEQ2.

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 11, 2012

so if ZEQ2-lite is the base form, would ZEQ2 be Kaioken/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3/Super Saiyan 4 or Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two)? Razz

Reply with quote Saturday, August 11, 2012

nielsmillikan wrote : so if ZEQ2-lite is the base form, would ZEQ2 be Kaioken/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3/Super Saiyan 4 or Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two)? Razz

Since the bolded don't exist, I'm inclined to say it'd be Mystic!

Ravven ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 14, 2012

That is one good initiative, Skatter. Good work.

TRL wrote : I've prided myself to be able to do both. Study in college and still do all my hobbies which include music, basketball, painting, drawing and making ZEQ2 stuff.

Hey! I did that, too! Well... not exactly that, but it can't be to hard, if there are people, who could pull it off, right? Wink

RealDeal wrote : by the way are we worthy enough to finish ZEQ2?

And why wouldn't you be? I worked on ZEQ2 after creating only 4-5 models. It's the people who I worked with, that made possible for me to achieve new levels of quality! Smile They pushed my limits!

Truth is, that if you want to contribute, you contribute. In whatever form you can. Sure, passion and endurance are vital, but without will and motivation to do anything, you won't do anything. It's that simple.
You get better, if you care to get better; when you want to achieve better results. Again sure, with constructive critique, comments and tips it is easier, but you learn something new every time - be it an easier way, a simpler way, a better way - you model, code, create.

Vysse ZEQ2-lite Musician View user's profile Send private message

I can certainly second that Ravven. Due to the efforts and results of the rest of the members here, I too have also become a better composer, and musician. Smile I hope I can continue to improve It's always refreshing to see the progress made from this community. Smile

Ravven wrote : Truth is, that if you want to contribute, you contribute. In whatever form you can. Sure, passion and endurance are vital, but without will and motivation to do anything, you won't do anything. It's that simple.
You get better, if you care to get better; when you want to achieve better results. Again sure, with constructive critique, comments and tips it is easier, but you learn something new every time - be it an easier way, a simpler way, a better way - you model, code, create.

This is can't be stressed enough. Create a macro and spam it here, over and over.

Vysse wrote : I hope I can continue to improve It's always refreshing to see the progress made from this community.

I feel the same way. And I hope I have in no way tried to imply or stress an elitest attitude. One simply doesn't exist, and any one of you can outdo what I've done (and will, just look at Aravind, if we could get him to focus on accuracy!) so I have no reason to boast!

I'm awfully impressed by the difference in the community now and at ZEQ2-Lite's public debut. There are plenty of problem areas, but there's lots of room for potential and opportunity, as well!

Ravven wrote : That is one good initiative, Skatter. Good work.

Vysse wrote : I can certainly second that Ravven

It's so good to see unification on this! Especially from you legends of the past(and hopefully present!!!!)

I certainly hope to see more from both of you around here, as well, even if it's just posting! It's amazing how a mere presence can add to motivation Smile

Tom ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ex-ZEQ2 (and briefly ZEQ2lite) and Naruto: Naiteki Kensei programmer here. Glad to see things are still going Smile Working on ZEQ2 I learned how to program a heck of a lot better and learned everything I know about GPU shaders.

Anyway, nice to see the community is getting involved. If you guys need any help with Unity let me know. I've been using Unity on and off since it was available on Windows and have been using it professionally for over a year now. I pretty much know all of its ins and outs by now Smile I've made 4 games with it at this point and several plugins/extensions.

While I don't have a lot of free time to work on stuff, I should be available if any issues arise.

Reply with quote Friday, August 17, 2012

Man! One more legend from the past! If this keeps happening, the forums might tear apart due to the sheer amount of awesome!

We thank you for that, Tom. Or at least I do!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 17, 2012

It's like the Lloyds are momentarily stepping down from Olympus. :O

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]