Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

The Next Level

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 17, 2012

TRL wrote : It's like the Lloyds are momentarily stepping down from Olympus. :O

Haha, isn't it though!? I was just saying in the IRC that seeing these guys offer support makes me feel like a teenager again, with the old community-must be the same for you, TRL Razz

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Yup pretty much. Smile

Now all that are missing is Rio and SV (maybe more I forgot). I'd also love to see some of the old forum members drop by too. A visit from Darksun would be legendary too!

Man... I wish I would've been more active back then. I just had nothing to contribute, so I didn't ever utter a single word Razz

Much like here, until Mima and Arnold Razz

I think the best thing we can do is focus our efforts on giving our best, and maybe more legends will awaken from their mighty slumber!

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Oh man, reading the first few posts here reminded me of Bid For Power so much. Its like history is repeating itself, it makes we think how far we have gone to make that happen.

Like how we have a large community focusing on add on packs and extensions to the game the original developers created, which itself was born from being a Bid For Power add on!

We have to watch ourselves, an elite group of ZEQ2 life add on makers might do the same that we did Smile although we haven't or plan to kill development like Bid For Power team did after their release.

So glorious, and I feel old.

If you truly want to play the Dragon Ball Z game of your dreams, much like I did, then apply yourself to make that dream happen. You don't have to make it your life goal, but you have to near enough imagine it is because of the enormous amount of willpower to pull it off, and time too. If you aren't working 40 hours a week, then you have time Very Happy

All the material you need to learn the skills you like to do, are all on the net. YouTube is a good resource, something I didn't have back then when learning to model and animate and rig Smile just plain pictures and text.

No excuses now Very Happy

Ravven ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dave! Long time no see, man!

I think, that what Tom said is true for all of us. If you guys need any help with modeling, programing, coding, etc I'm sure we all will be more than willing to help you out. After all, it's what the team did for us. Wink

I doubt the current community realizes how thankful they should be for this, so I'll say it again on their behalf(not that I like being in the habit of speaking for others, but...)

Thank you guys. That really does mean a lot. This was a massive undertaking for you guys back in the day, probably tons more massive than this current drive to get things back on track. It's because of all of you (the old team) that I even care about ZEQ2-Lite. I'm far beyond loving Dragon Ball Z, but I care, have cared, and probably always will care about ZEQ2. If completed, I've always felt that ZEQ2 would change the way anime(as well as pretty much ANY media) would be portrayed in game form.

So to all you devs from the past, I thank you, even just for posting Smile

Zay View user's profile Send private message

I really wish SV would come by...
I love his work. I saw the old characters he made... THEY WERE SWEET!
I wonder if Grega can ask him to come by.

Blaize ZEQ2-lite Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, August 20, 2012

This sounds like a great plan guys!
Addon packs are nice, but new quality characters would be even better!

there are still some models I made with textures from SV that are ready to go ingame (cooler, A18, Brolly, etc.) so unless people prefer their own stuff, please take them Smile

It would be great to see this community grow in quality even more Very Happy

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Now this thread is what I'm liking.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

LegendarySS4 wrote : Now this thread is what I'm liking.

this thread makes me feel like I just joined here yesterday... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

there are still some models I made with textures from SV that are ready to go ingame (cooler, A18, Brolly, etc.)

Brolly, Android 18, and Cooler from the SVN have all been put ingame at one point or another (some like Brolly have multiple times by various people in different packs).

Actually, the suggestion from Skatter was to STOP making characters (since the forums are saturated with almost all the capable Dragon Ball Z characters ever made as it is) and move more on to other missing things like maps, effects, and programmatic aspects.

Blaize wrote : This sounds like a great plan guys!

there are still some models I made with textures from SV that are ready to go ingame (cooler, A18, Brolly, etc.) so unless people prefer their own stuff, please take them Smile

It would be great to see this community grow in quality even more Very Happy

It's like you guys all woke up from a deep dream! Man, you guys should all just come around more, even just to comment! In total honesty, I'd love to see some of you back in action, but hey, comments from legends are comments from legends!

Zeth wrote : Actually, the suggestion from Skatter was to STOP making characters

This. As much as I would LOVE to see more characters in-game(Garlic, Jr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A thousand times over!!!!!), what is the point at the moment?

Let's use Garlic, Jr. as an example. Let's pretend someone got him in-game, rigged, and ready to go. His hulking frame doesn't suit the current hitboxes, nor does his stature-deficient original form.

All attacks at the moment, are derivative of a few different keywords. Regardless of how much I want to, I can't stretch that out any further. His Deadzone skill, at least currently, isn't useable. We have beams, Blasts, semi-functional forcefields(at least at one point) and some hitscans. EVERY character has these. And they're all the same, regardless of the skin you put on them.

Blinds don't work. Radial attacks don't really work. And I mention them because they're partially there. Just those two would make things a bit more unique, but they really just aren't there.

In essence, what I am saying is that right now, almost every character is exactly the same, or at least there is so little variation that within playing as 3(if not 3, definitely 4) characters, I am fully able to have exhausted the entire skill range capable from ZEQ2Lite.

The focus, as is, is just to kick out one more character that isn't that different from what we already have. It's a little prettier, but it'll get boring just as fast as the ones that weren't as pretty.

The focus should be to breathe some real longevity into this community. Multi-Form! mêlée Skills(real ones!) Blinds! Absorption! Time Freeze! Telekinesis! Deadzone, with it's gravitational pull and ability to trap you in a world of eternal darkness! Fusions, true fusions! Double beam attacks! Nappa's ability to remove Tenshinhan's forearm! Body Swapping! I see you over there draining bodies for power, Cell!

Why be content with what we have? We haven't scratched the surface.

*Edit - Let me add that I DO in fact appreciate the trial and error, tutorial reading, skill, and determination that it has taken some of you guys to pull characters from the SVN and get them in-game, or better yet, some of you have modeled from scratch.

We just need a game-changer now, literally Very Happy

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Zeth wrote : Actually, the suggestion from Skatter was to STOP making characters (since the forums are saturated with almost all the capable Dragon Ball Z characters ever made as it is) and move more on to other missing things like maps, effects, and programmatic aspects.

The truth! Smile

NabaKonvecit View user's profile Send private message

after reading the first post fully I`am a little dizzy
but I believe in what you said that we need a change and all and I`m thinking of stopping my own Project Bleach X slash and think of a new way to Develop ZEQ2-Lite if it was possible to have the Source Code and work out something out of it I`m willing to help the project bring more Fruits for the Peasants

Postscript Peasants as in people getting new exciting game play as fruits

But I still am against the Fact of stopping add-on for the Game
that`s like asking a Bird not to fly or asking the Forum to never be active

NabaKonvecit wrote :
But I still am against the Fact of stopping add-on for the Game
that`s like asking a Bird not to fly or asking the Forum to never be active

You're misunderstanding, or at the very least you're over-simplifying. Or perhaps I am not communicating properly.

I, in no way, want people to stop trying to improve this community. I'm simply asking for a re-direction.

Re-releasing the same thing over and over isn't progress. You have several addon pack makers, most of which could work with Brad or at least Mima to look for accuracy issues, then commit to the SVN to share with the world, but they horde what they have for addon packs, in what seems like a bid for personal attention, because egos are severely out of check around here lately (though I must admit I have seen improvement in the last few days-And I'm proud of you guys! Way to put on the big boy pants!)

We also seem to be stalled on that point. Apparently, a character is the pinnacle of what can be accomplished. That should bother us all. It's been quite an age since a quantifiable change in gameplay mechanics arose. In fact, I remember Brad saying countless times that if animators stepped up and created faithful animations for features, those features would be added.

I'm not asking the community to stop. I'm asking the community to prioritize. Look at what we have. Look at what we need. See the gap? I'm only asking that we try to minimize the gap between what we need and what we have.

NabaKonvecit View user's profile Send private message

Skatter wrote :

I'm not asking the community to stop. I'm asking the community to prioritize. Look at what we have. Look at what we need. See the gap? I'm only asking that we try to minimize the gap between what we need and what we have.

so basically you`re asking the community of the whole ZEQ2-Lite project to Be more Productive and not repeat the same Thing such as puny updates and not releasing much
and never presnt something new for the others is that right

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote :

LegendarySS4 wrote : Now this thread is what I'm liking.

this thread makes me feel like I just joined here yesterday... :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

Haha, tell me about it Smile

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

NabaKonvecit wrote :

Skatter wrote :

so basically you`re asking the community of the whole ZEQ2-Lite project to Be more Productive and not repeat the same Thing such as puny updates and not releasing much
and never presnt something new for the others is that right

He is asking the community to stop stealing each other's work and re-releasing it as addon packs only to boost their own personal ego. He is asking the community to improve the QUALITY, not the QUANTITY of the assets and resources being produced.
You can surely see that changes in gameplay between 1536 and the latest revision are close to zero. And you can surely see that the same character with a semi-new shader is being released almost every month.
Do you think that is what we need? I don't. I think we need people to learn actual modeling, texturing, animating or whatever, and start CONTRIBUTING to the SVN. If you want to make something new, then make it truly new and unique! Would you not love to be able to release your own, VERY accurate and high-quality Vegetto instead of bundling it with other characters made by other people?! If this community... this ENTIRE community would strive to better their skills, each person in at least one area, ZEQ2-Lite's development could be accelerated by 700%. Stop making low-quality addons for an unfinished product. Start getting better so you can finish said product!

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Skatter wrote : We also seem to be stalled on that point. Apparently, a character is the pinnacle of what can be accomplished. That should bother us all. It's been quite an age since a quantifiable change in gameplay mechanics arose. In fact, I remember Brad saying countless times that if animators stepped up and created faithful animations for features, those features would be added.

I've made a few animations for Majin Buu lately, but I can't send you anything. *intense laughter* Attachments have been disabled for private messages, which means I can't even send it to someone who DOES have SVN access...

There just isn't much I can do to help.

It's discouraging, really. Confused

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I've made a few animations for Majin Buu lately, but I can't send you anything. *intense laughter* Attachments have been disabled for private messages, which means I can't even send it to someone who DOES have SVN access...

It's discouraging, really.

Attachments were disabled within private messages to prevent illegal/malicious file exchanges that were occurring. If you wish to send files to someone, you should consider attaching it in a thread. After all, the whole idea here is based around community effort and not one between specific isolated individuals.

That aside, if you'd really like to play a more active role, you need to get a proper IRC client and start idling day in and out (whether you are at home or even at your computer) in the #zeq2Development channel. The point of this is so people can readily leave one another offline messages and correspond with one another in a realtime group environment when they are available. Many of the active developers on this forum are there and easily contacted about any matter at virtually any time (including myself).

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 22, 2012

JayREEZY wrote :

It's discouraging, really. Confused

There really isn't any reason it should be discouraging. As previously stated, there is almost always someone around. If SVN access were completely unauthorized, anyone could upload Super Saiyan 4 Gopiccolunkseta, and I'd either need to see that vaporized, or just quit outright. My heart couldn't take it.

But in regards to contributing, what did Goku say?

Goku wrote : Where there's a will, there's a way.

You can almost always find someone around and I'm usually there. Heck, even if I'm not there, Brad or Mima would be a million times better to talk to in regard to animations(or anything else), anyway.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 24, 2012

Good to see this place alive and kicking still Very Happy

Brad just pointed me to this thread and I thought I'd say hi, always great to see the community get together to make something awesome.

Say hi more often! Haha, come on in and say hi every darn day if you feel like it! This community would benefit from ANY interaction with any of the old community, especially developers Smile

*Edit - a quick video just to show how the basic effects from ZEQ2-Lite will translate into ZEQ2 by using the Unity Particle Editor.

http://youtu.be/oCNt0p9Tkp4

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Alex wrote : Good to see this place alive and kicking still Very Happy

Brad just pointed me to this thread and I thought I'd say hi, always great to see the community get together to make something awesome.

heck MAN! hi! Very Happy , it's been such a long time

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Very Happy nice progress so far.. nothing to say about the kiballs, the shockwave effect would be good for an extra powering up that reminds me capepiccolo vs imperfectcell round1... or a mêlée fight..

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]