<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

Dragon Ball Z test made with unity

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kakarot2550 wrote :

Konan wrote :

Kakarot2550 wrote :

Konan wrote :

Zeth wrote : Oh snap, Konan. Why don't you show them bits of that awesome project you've done that easily trumps this?

cause I can't fix a 4 year old bug..reminds of someone?

let me guess...me?

nope. not even close.

hmm then Who?!!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??! Question Question Question Question

the person who did a whole engine, and only team members can test it and own it and than he won't share it no..than he canceled the whole project and start a new one and than a new one and again and again to a make a beta project with enermos amount of bugs n lag.

the reason I play with tenkaichi 3 on emulator. Very Happy

legendbotha View user's profile Send private message

o yeah when playing press 1 2 or 3 to change Goku attacks

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Despite the additional guideline infraction and current disciplinary state of your account, I'll play nice because I'm assuming you missed the core message.

That's the problem with forums and people (in general) online. They think they have entitlement to criticism in subjects well beyond their scope of understanding. If you don't comprehend or mirror experience on a technical level for a particular subject matter, you have ZERO RIGHT to make any comment (that'll hold value) whatsoever.

Majin Jake View user's profile Send private message

city start,

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Majin Jake wrote : city start,

Looking good, keep it up Smile

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

qwerty wrote : Not bad. Smile

which game and project is this?
are those hood characters?

by the way if they are hood characters why not add them to hood? Shocked

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

I think they are from Earth Special Forces

yes ,and this is a fan made project, for now with Earth Special Forces models,lengendbotha is the coder and I am a mapper

TRL View user's profile Send private message

The Goku model is Kreshi's, the cell model might be Smo's. Not sure. Both date from around 2005-2006 or something.

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Well I read all of the comments and I would like to interfere.

The overall development progression can be achieved in a few different ways. One way, in fact it's one of the most popular in MOD development teams [NOT ONLY between individual people], is a placeholder system. I've seen that million times in my modding experience. Maybe some of you remember the old days of Naruto Ninja Chronicles (HL1 mod). Well, it died and some other popular mods used their models as game foundation until the artists finish their own assets. This is just a good sample. For one, most of developers use the 'dummies' of cylinders, using animation libraries online and so forth. It's not bad using placeholders as long as you don't take full credits as if it was your own work. It's just all about respecting others.

The other way, and probably the hardiest way, is doing everything on your own and from the start. But this can lead to multiple problems, especially when the team is small in man power and burn out can be reached within few months time. The result of this -- project hiatus or a break, that lasts forever.

I really enjoy watching how Xatoku has grown his skills and it was really nice seeing him mixing these both my mentioned above approaches. Since he is working all alone, jumping from one thing to another, might require certain asset. The overall progression is important as one thing requires another. The entire process sometimes can be very complicated and sore, however, the fruits can be very tasty. I always endorsed the developers who learn the things 'the hard way' -- everything on their own, by doing their own things. Well, I went through that school, BUT I still don't see why editing others work is a bad thing as long as person does that in order to learn how to do his own things.

The so old prayer of 'give me a credit, would you', just reminds me of feudalistic hierarchy system times with 'give us a slice of your own earnings'. It's up to the editor if he is appreciated to the original author of the work and time he spent. Besides as long as it is not being used globally in order to be recognized as original work of the developer who 'releases it', it is not a big deal. Just to make it short -- just a placeholder in order to represent a technical side of the game.

Overall, the progression of project leads to personal skill improvement and as long as the placeholders/edited models are used for the sake of progression, I believe such things can be forgiven and people can not be blamed for using not their content.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

you are doing good guys Wink
I like the engine..are also very fluid the animations..the movements Wink

Xatoku ... View user's profile Send private message

I agree with what LFS said, and after reading it I am sorry for asking for credit. Cocky on my part, considering I did start up the same way with the Earth Special Forces models, and then the ZEQ2lite models.

Nevertheless, I did make all of my current stuff on my own. Not looking for recognition, just want to get the facts straight.

More on topic, the game's obviously a WIP but I do like the animations. Little slow/smooth, but nicely detailed. Energy blasts could use some work too, as they seem a bit underwhelming.

Reply with quote Thursday, February 14, 2013

Xatoku whe good now?I'm working on the Energy blasts and aura for Goku the aura is going slow.and busy making mellee combo system.will try and get link up as soon as I can.thinking about using toon shaders on the models.

legendbotha wrote : Xatoku whe good now?I'm working on the Energy blasts and aura for Goku the aura is going slow.and busy making mellee combo system.will try and get link up as soon as I can.thinking about using toon shaders on the models.

If you're still using Earth Special Forces & Dragon Ball Z Hood, I think you'll want to stick with the realistic shaders for now since they're hand painted. Typically for toon shading you want a singular colour and a ramp texture instead of a hand painted one as the styles might clash.

For example, the ZEQ2-Lite models work pretty well with the toon shader, so if you were to switch to them, that's when I'd suggest switching shaders.

EsMortal View user's profile Send private message

awesome can't what Crying or Very sad

landing start xatoku If you want to help are welcome, since you have a Ferrari you would be a leader

Reply with quote Friday, February 15, 2013

Majin Jake wrote : landing start xatoku If you want to help are welcome, since you have a Ferrari you would be a leader

Helming two projects as it is, so I won't be able to do anything significant. But I can totally drop a comment/suggestion here or there if you want.

With this picture in particular, I'd suggest maybe blending out the terrain a bit since the transition from the crater to the ground is a bit jarring. My trick for that was to make little dirt mounds surrounding the border so you simply couldn't see it.

Relod12z View user's profile Send private message

That looks good...

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Relod12z wrote : That looks good... ¿You're going to do it like Z warrior chronicles?

No, I believe they are trying to recreate and make it somewhat tony hawk pro skater 4

Lfs wrote :

Relod12z wrote : That looks good... ¿You're going to do it like Z warrior chronicles?

No, I believe they are trying to recreate and make it somewhat tony hawk pro skater 4

*laughing out loud* yeah Goku with a skateboard

[quote="Xatoku"]

Majin Jake wrote : landing start xatoku If you want to help are welcome, since you have a Ferrari you would be a leader

Helming two projects as it is, so I won't be able to do anything significant. But I can totally drop a comment/suggestion here or there if you want.

With this picture in particular, I'd suggest maybe blending out the terrain a bit since the transition from the crater to the ground is a bit jarring. My trick for that was to make little dirt mounds surrounding the border so you simply couldn't see it.

like this xatoku Very Happy

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

[quote="Majin Jake"]

Xatoku wrote :

like this xatoku Very Happy

Dude I like the picture Wink Wink Laughing

Majin Jake wrote : like this xatoku Very Happy

Getting there. You could probably vary up the bumpiness some, though.

Reply with quote Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saying thanks to xatoku for his tips on enery blast.so I wanted to ask what will you people like to see a open world Dragon Ball Z game or like stage game level loading ?or a mix between them and aney one willing to help out is more than welcome even if you don't know aney thing about unity.

Reply with quote Saturday, February 16, 2013

xatoku you're right, no bump is better though, I think stage game mode is the best thing, because an open world game would require larger maps and a lot of time, however, the story mode you can do, so I'm working to map landing as you required Very Happy

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]