Content

Issues with Music and Lagging?

PrinceOfNsanity View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 14, 2013

I don't know if this fits into the bug forums, but I thought I'd ask anyways. I have Rev 5 and I noticed that the songs that are already included into the game almost instantly change to the next song when I am playing. The song doesn't stay on, and I can't seem to locate where they are at in the folder, so I can't fix this issue by myself. The music will come on, then stops and the next song comes on. Also, in the console it will say "WARNING: Can not find music file" or something similar to that. Also, there's the lag when I am playing, the music suddenly plays a certain part of the song over and over, and everything freezes. Things will go back to normal in a few seconds, but by that time I am already dead from a blast. Is this something to do with the graphics? If it is, how can I reduce it?

Any help is appreciated. I'd put my own music in the game but I'm not quite sure how to do all of that, and even then I don't think it'd solve the discomforting music jumps. I hope I explained this well. I can't be the only one with this problem.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 15, 2013

You lag because someone else is joinning the server I have the same "problem" so get used to it

About music that's my favorite part since I change music all the time. You can find every of those songs in this folder

/ZEQ2/music/faulconer

There is a lot of song you can change them and use the one you want but you will need to edit the playlist if you change a song open the playlist.CFG file it's in music folder

Now I'll an example
I don't like airborne song and I want to change it now I download the song I want then I will download a music converter Format factory to convert my mp3 file into ogg file because it only supports .ogg

When I successfully converted it I will rename my song into the one I want to replace in this case it would be airborne before I replace the old one I will make a backup folder to keep all old songs in it if there a problem shows up, so I cut/paste the old airborne in that folder and then I place the new song(airborne)in the faulconer folder

Now when we're done with converting and placing the file now we need to make it work so we will open playlist.CFG file and find airborne and when we did you see on the right side it's time you need to change that time to the new time, that means open your file you added and see how long it lasts and write that time in playlist.CFG after you did that save it and you can listen to that song in game but when will it play I don't know and I don't really take fondly to that idea

I hope this was helpful

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

for lagg in options change particle quality on
off and lower the graphics from 32 to 16 and from
texture quality to lower.Also for more speed
download some good virus scanner because
you need to fix errors if you have them then to be faster

I hope I helped you man!

Thank you both. Sometimes when I stand still the music will just change and change and change and change and change. It gets pretty frustrating, but I appreciate your help. I didn't know what the problem was as I am new and am still trying to get this game running properly.

Malcontent133 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This is awesome and helpful because I cannot TAKE those Linkin Park songs ANY...MORE

Reply with quote Thursday, April 18, 2013

Malcontent133 wrote : This is awesome and helpful because I cannot TAKE those Linkin Park songs ANY...MORE

Linkin Park is my favorite band, and I love them. The problem is this is it changes over and over and over. You can't even hear 5 seconds of the song before it changes.
I'll just stand completely still and all the songs change. I can't listen to 1 good song while fighting without it turning off/fading out to the next song. I mean this is all you hear....

Linkin Park "I watch how the moon sits in the sky on a-"
30 Seconds To Mars "What If I wanted to break, laugh it all off in your face, what would-"
Dragon Ball Z brass and horns
Then the female singer.
Instantly changes to another Linkin Park song.
Instantly changes to another Dragon Ball Z battle tune.
Linkin Park comes back on "When my time comes! For-"
Linkin Park "One thing, I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try, keep that in mind..." and then it fades out.
And again, the female singer comes on. Can't understand what she's saying because she's like mumbling.
Next Dragon Ball Z battle theme. Change.
And repeat. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just sit through and listen to 1 full song like a real video game soundtrack.

Can we listen to the full songs while fighting please?

Oh I forgot to say you can pick when you want a song to be played like when you're fighting I take the most "agressive" songs and I was the first who added real music in ZEQ2 Lite then LUkaszenko and other did the same because it's the best way to play with the music that you really like

Richma wrote : Oh I forgot to say you can pick when you want a song to be played like when you're fighting I take the most "agressive" songs and I was the first who added real music in ZEQ2 Lite then LUkaszenko and other did the same because it's the best way to play with the music that you really like

and here is a video of my fighting music (one of them) ΕΎ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA9zCVzFnA

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Post your playlist.cfg. Either the track lengths inside aren't properly set up or this addon is using an older revision that was flawed in regards to music types/transitions.

Richma wrote : Oh I forgot to say you can pick when you want a song to be played like when you're fighting I take the most "agressive" songs and I was the first who added real music in ZEQ2 Lite then LUkaszenko and other did the same because it's the best way to play with the music that you really like

How can I add my own music then? Anything is better than 5 seconds of 1 battle tune.

Zeth wrote : Post your playlist.cfg. Either the track lengths inside aren't properly set up or this addon is using an older revision that was flawed in regards to music types/transitions.

You mean this?

type random

fade 0:04
battle{

faulconer/autonomous1 2:17
faulconer/KidBuu 1:43
faulconer/airborne1 2:59
faulconer/elite 1:14
faulconer/lastDefense 1:12
faulconer/limitless 0:45
faulconer/encounter 1:14
faulconer/rivals 0:53
faulconer/limitless1 2:27
faulconer/strife 1:02
faulconer/tremble 1:00
faulconer/lastDefense1 2:46

}
idle{
faulconer/clouds1 1:59
faulconer/scheme 2:52
faulconer/echo 0:56
faulconer/shivers 2:26
faulconer/clouds 1:21
faulconer/echo1 2:21
faulconer/mystery 0:27
faulconer/time1 2:01
faulconer/revealed 1:28
faulconer/distance 4:55
faulconer/epitaph1 2:48
faulconer/patience 3:44
faulconer/interlude 5:58
faulconer/undecided 4:44
}
idleWater{
faulconer/underwater1 3:00
faulconer/underwater 1:14
faulconer/interlude1 2:39
faulconer/reborn 1:54
}
idleDanger{
faulconer/grunge1 1:40
faulconer/autonomous 1:42
faulconer/villianous 0:58
faulconer/nightmareEnds 3:41
}
struggle{
faulconer/elite1 1:40
faulconer/legend 1:50
faulconer/rise 1:21
faulconer/rise1 2:24
faulconer/pushed 0:45
vintage/struggle01 0:31
}
standoff{
faulconer/interlude1 2:39
faulconer/KidBuu1 1:55
faulconer/impasse 1:22
faulconer/gathering 0:39
faulconer/united 0:56
faulconer/supreme 3:53
faulconer/airborne 1:48
}
standoffDanger{
faulconer/pushed1 2:21
faulconer/mystery1 2:29
faulconer/burn 5:34
faulconer/spirit 5:58
faulconer/epilogue 1:04
faulconer/epitaph 0:35
faulconer/grunge 1:56
faulconer/zeroTime 1:30
faulconer/time 1:05
}
victoryGood{
faulconer/revealed1 2:32
faulconer/future 1:27
}
victoryEvil{
faulconer/villianous1 2:46
faulconer/future 1:27

}
transform{
faulconer/gokuTransform1 1:53
faulconer/gokuTransform 0:27
faulconer/build 0:45
faulconer/legend 1:50

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 19, 2013

Looks mostly fine here (except the missing close bracket at the end). Unless you are changing between standoff, idle, and battle states ingame every few seconds, then the music should keep playing. Essentially, whenever an enemy locks on to you, you lock on to them, or you engage in a battle of some kind, the music will change.

It's pretty simple to know when a song will play let's say you take an angressive song and you want it as your battle music then you need to replace it from one of these you do not like:

battle{

faulconer/autonomous1 2:17
faulconer/KidBuu 1:43
faulconer/airborne1 2:59
faulconer/elite 1:14
faulconer/lastDefense 1:12
faulconer/limitless 0:45
faulconer/encounter 1:14
faulconer/rivals 0:53
faulconer/limitless1 2:27
faulconer/strife 1:02
faulconer/tremble 1:00
faulconer/lastDefense1 2:46

If I'm not wrong the most played of these battle music are ELITE, ENCOUNTER, STRIFE however it best if you change all of them with the music you like that would motivate you to fight and have fun while doing it

however it's simple to change a song go in game and get ready for a battle use lock on function and see what song will play remember how it sounds then close the game, play all battle songs and find THAT ONE and replace it with yours but before doing that you need to convert your song after that rename it to the name of the song you will replace and then you open playlist.cfg and enter your new song time. I've already explained this to you in one of the comments above if you need more help you can always PM

Thank you! Yeah I'm not quite sure why the songs randomly change when I'm standing in 1 spot.

look when you idle around and if someones uses the lock on function that means you're in "danger" so the songs that will play are IdleDanger and why because you idle around but in the same time someone wants to attack you or start a rather interesting conversation with you see it's pretty simple to know what list of songs will play do you understand now or you need more help?

Richma wrote : look when you idle around and if someones uses the lock on function that means you're in "danger" so the songs that will play are IdleDanger and why because you idle around but in the same time someone wants to attack you or start a rather interesting conversation with you see it's pretty simple to know what list of songs will play do you understand now or you need more help?

I think I get the basics. I'll have to tinker with Audacity to see if it supports OGG files. All in due time, I just need to learn on my own I suppose Smile How can I check the time of a song?

Okay the programs I'm using are Format factory and BSplayer

Format factory because it's a free program that can convert your .mp3 or video file into .ogg but there are plenty more things that it can convert

BSplayer you can play your .ogg songs in it and to see what's the timming of your songs simply play it and you'll see then you type that time in playlist.cfg

example if your soing time is 3:45 in Bread and Spaghetti player or someother player it will show like this 00:03:45 but you need to type 3:45 in your playlist.cfg

Thanks for everything and giving me your time. I'll look into that. Your help is very much appreciated.

Reply with quote Saturday, April 20, 2013

If you need more help ask and one more thing if you're looking for rock music download ZEQ2 DragonBall Adrenalin it's a gamepack I made a year ago it's not special but maybe you will like the music that's playing in game so try it out

Richma wrote : If you need more help ask and one more thing if you're looking for rock music download ZEQ2 DragonBall Adrenalin it's a gamepack I made a year ago it's not special but maybe you will like the music that's playing in game so try it out

Will it give me lag? Right now I'm staying true to ZEQ2-Lite.

I personally do not have any kind of problems with that music I transfered the music folder from ZEQ2 Lite DragonBall Adrenalin into revision 1536(stable revision) and it works perfectly but I changed a lot of songs because I had enough of them and added something fresh to keep me motivated while playing

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]