Content

1, 2  >>

E3 2013

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm a fan of PlayStation, and all I gotta say is that Sony took a huge dump on Microsoft, Gaikai coming to Postscript Vita, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.. there were a huge amount of games shown at the Sony Conference, including Kingdom Hearts 3 (awesome)

Used games will work with the PlayStation 4, The PlayStation 4 will cost at an amazingly lowish price of only 400$

I didn't watch the Xbox conference so just post what you liked here

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I'm a fan of PlayStation, and all I gotta say is that Sony took a huge dump on Microsoft, Gaikai coming to Postscript Vita, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.. there were a huge amount of games shown at the Sony Conference, including Kingdom Hearts 3 (awesome)

I didn't watch the Xbox conference so just post what you liked here

Instead of blasting fan-boyism, try to voice an opinion that's objective (non-bias/not one-sided) and comprehensively break down the pros and cons of each contender. Obviously games are one of the most critical components for any console, but if you didn't examine what each system is bringing to the table, you really can't make a weighted statement about a clear victor -- even in a particular category.

Used games will work with the PlayStation 4, The PlayStation 4 will cost at an amazingly lowish price of only 400$

I advise you to truly examine if used games are REALLY critical for gaming to thrive. If you examine alternative venues (such as the PC), used products are an insignificant portion of the market and sales. You need to realize that games that host ongoing support or online servers NEED actual revenue from the game sales to fuel said servers (unless they are micro-transaction/DLC-based).

Utilizing a used game store rather than purchasing a unique copy for yourself is only saving YOU money and essentially cutting into developer/maintenance costs. This means that studios will be under-budget for future projects (or could even go under) and servers on existing ones could be ill-equipped or even face uptime issues. Consider also that while the original purchase of a game gets money to the studio, any used game sales are 100% in the used-game stores pocket with NO revenue being shared with the developers at all. It's just pure money for business' like Gamestop and no real support given to the game you claim to enjoy. This profit gain for such used stores is the exact reason they'll push a used copy even over a new copy.

If you really want to pay less for games, you should NOT be supporting used games sales. It's the main reason console games are as grossly over-prices as they are compared to other markets. Once more, examine the PC again this time in regards to Steam -- where there is no concept of used products. Everything is a fresh, new copy and all profits are shared with the creators. Because of this, Steam can offer RIDICULOUS sales at far, FAR under original/retail values and still have the developers pleased that they get profits to continue doing what they do. It's the same premise with humble/indie bundles as well.

All I'm asking is that you think about what the costs are before you mindlessly assume that used games are better for the ecosystem.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

square enix is doing great job now

with Murdered ,thief

lightning returns release date 11 february

final fantasy X/X-2 HD (one disc ) 31 december this year

final fantasy 8 PC HD REMASTER in some month

can't wait

oh and kingdom hearts 3 for PlayStation 4 comes out

and the HD remasters for PlayStation 3

and final fantasy versus 13 is now final fantasy XV

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

wake me up when Half-Life shows up

*laughing out loud* 1 PlayStation 4 game 100 bucks *super mega extreme intense laughter*

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sony just possessed Microsoft in that conference

£429 for Xbox one while £349 for PlayStation 4

Plus Xbox one may have nice exclusives though you can' lend games, rent games, have to be ONLINE to play these games, plus paying xbox live which you don't have to do neither of these for the PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4 wins Cool and this is coming from someone who had an Xbox for more than 5 years

Sony Conference - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoJ6ucEY8g

Xbox Conference - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFVptu6QbY

LegendarySS4 wrote : Sony just possessed Microsoft in that conference

£429 for Xbox one while £349 for PlayStation 4

Plus Xbox one may have nice exclusives though you can' lend games, rent games, have to be ONLINE to play these games, plus paying xbox live which you don't have to do neither of these for the PlayStation 4

LOOOOL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

PlayStation 4 wins Cool and this is coming from someone who had an Xbox for more than 5 years

LOOOOL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Plus sorry for the triple post

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

I'm loving with the xbox no doubt. Titan Fall, Ryse, Halo OH MY GOODNESS I'm loving with the xbox

PlayStation 4 had a really nice showing too but imma stay with xbox

either console is a good choice in my opinion

The end of Xbox

LegendarySS4 wrote :

The end of Xbox

this gif kind of lacking in identifiable function you don't need to be connected to internet all the time they only said xbox one will have daily updates which you can connect to internet once per day only if you really want them

and who noticed that 1 PlayStation 4 game costs 100 bucks ? Smile

square enix epic game company epic posters epic final fantasy games

kingdom hearts 3 and ffxv for both next gen consoles

and final fantasy X HD new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dhbmtZo1P_s

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : and who noticed that 1 PlayStation 4 game costs 100 bucks ? Smile

Source? Smile

ESFER25 wrote :

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : and who noticed that 1 PlayStation 4 game costs 100 bucks ? Smile

Source? Smile

I was sarcastic because amazon listed PlayStation 4 games as 100 bucks each but it was confirmed that one new released game like watch dogs will cost 79.99 bucks
Postscript fifa14 is already pre order able for that money *intense laughter*

If you have a PlayStation 3 then you can download Tekken Revolution, its already in US store, comes today for EU

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 12, 2013

There is no winning/losing. You need to develop some reading comprehension and examine my post before sounding like an uninformed imbecile.

final fantasy versus 13 (now final fantasy 15)

is after the divine the best choosed grafik epic awesome slam PlayStation 4 and xbox one game in whole slam E3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LBilT83Uq4A

some pictures I took out

this final fantasy XV going to revolutionate action rpg !

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

There is no winning/losing. You need to develop some reading comprehension and examine my post before sounding like an uninformed imbecile.

Technically, there has always been winning or losing in the counsole market. Winning is the console succeeding and turning a profit. Losing, however, as last displayed by Sega with their Dreamcast, is having thousands of unsold consoles sitting around in warehouses collecting dust because the competition(Nintendo and Sony) are doing so much better at marketing and sales.

The result of losing is pulling out of the console market, and either folding up the company, or adapting the company's assets as Sega did(releasing games on their former competition's consoles) to survive.

Personally, I still think the WiiU has the most potential out of this next generation, but I'm worried the uninformed masses are allowing Microsoft and Sony to brainwash them into thinking that the system isn't capable of the same high graphical quality games which is all that they care about, when the fact is that it can display pretty impressive looking games just fine. Personally, it's not the graphics that I look at, though I do admire pretty games when they come along, but it's the games themselves. How they play, how fun they are, how involving the story is, exc. Graphics are the last thing I look at when weighing which games to buy. Besides, it's freaking Nintendo. They're what, 14 and 1 for successful consoles prior to the WiiU(the 1 being the infamous Virtual Boy...)? That's a pretty good track record for any company, wouldn't you say?

Besides, the measure of "success" in terms of game consoles is how many units are sold, and how much of a profit the company is making. By that margin, any console during any generation can be considered a success so long as they turn reasonable profits.

DarkPrince_92 View user's profile Send private message

I love how Sasuke is the main character, *laughing out loud*. Nah but I've been waiting for this game since mid high school, and it's finally happening. Can't wait for FIFTEEN!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Reply with quote Thursday, June 13, 2013

that scott rohde guy is so ticklish that he official stated in last E3 day (today) that PlayStation users who want to play online must have PlayStation plus (other online functions will work without plus)

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 14, 2013

Zeth wrote :

you are over reacting , me having seen conferences of both consoles , read both of their specifications , both of their upcoming games , their features , their costs , I say PlayStation 4 wins over all so does the majority , the recent polls setup by major game review site showed PlayStation 4 winning by 84% votes. that clearly shows what people support now

If you really want to pay less for games, you should NOT be supporting used games sales.

that's your way of thinking bradless , I think when I buy something I have full rights to do what ever I want with it on personal grounds , if I want to sale it , I sure as heck will sale it

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote :

Zeth wrote :

you are over reacting , me having seen conferences of both consoles , read both of their specifications , both of their upcoming games , their features , their costs , I say PlayStation 4 wins over all so does the majority , the recent polls setup by major game review site showed PlayStation 4 winning by 84% votes. that clearly shows what people support now

If you really want to pay less for games, you should NOT be supporting used games sales.

that's your way of thinking bradless , I think when I buy something I have full rights to do what ever I want with it on personal grounds , if I want to sale it , I sure as heck will sale it

"the majority agrees with me so I am right its my opinion get out of the thread"

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Maszek wrote :

najeeb wrote :

Zeth wrote :

"the majority agrees with me so I am right its my opinion get out of the thread"

and here you come saying random stuff , I never mentioned that my opinion is a fact or told him to get off the thread , please mind your business and don't even think of starting a flame war . I simply said I feel that I can do what ever I wish with something I buy , either its to sale it , renting it or what so ever and sony "Supports it" support is the keyword

also I never said the majority agress with me , I simply stated what the majority of gamers felt and never claimed that what they think was right , just pointed out a possibility

think before you post random stuff maszek

And I thought this would be a friendly conversation

Reply with quote Saturday, June 15, 2013

Technically, there has always been winning or losing in the counsole market. Winning is the console succeeding and turning a profit. Losing, however, as last displayed by Sega with their Dreamcast, is having thousands of unsold consoles sitting around in warehouses collecting dust because the competition(Nintendo and Sony) are doing so much better at marketing and sales.

When dealing with a quasi-competition, commercial success isn't tantamount to a victory. This kind of labeling is just a water-downed view of a much more elaborate situation that narrows on the business aspect so that the public can create/enforce concrete resolutions (and often maintain bias) in a simplified way.

The result of losing is pulling out of the console market, and either folding up the company, or adapting the company's assets as Sega did(releasing games on their former competition's consoles) to survive.

Oh, I'm not saying that there aren't consequences to the public expressing ignorance via generalizing. Companies certainly are effected by this. My point here is that the populous should at least be gaining a modicum of objectivity and use specific analytics in a situation.

We are in the age of information, after all.

Personally, I still think the WiiU has the most potential out of this next generation, but I'm worried the uninformed masses are allowing Microsoft and Sony to brainwash them into thinking that the system isn't capable of the same high graphical quality games which is all that they care about, when the fact is that it can display pretty impressive looking games just fine. Personally, it's not the graphics that I look at, though I do admire pretty games when they come along, but it's the games themselves. How they play, how fun they are, how involving the story is, exc. Graphics are the last thing I look at when weighing which games to buy. Besides, it's freaking Nintendo. They're what, 14 and 1 for successful consoles prior to the WiiU(the 1 being the infamous Virtual Boy...)? That's a pretty good track record for any company, wouldn't you say?

I've actually no problems with the WiiU aside from its accessibility as a platform to lower-tier/indie developers. Even though it's Devkit is cheaper than the other console platforms at about $5000, it's still out of price range for many developers (such as myself). If done right, console android platforms like the Ouya and its free to develop on / hack scheme would prove a lot more usable. As you said yourself, the hardware limitations aren't really much of a concern beyond the immersion markets and that gameplay/story/etc. are more pivotal concerns.

I say PlayStation 4 wins over all so does the majority , the recent polls setup by major game review site showed PlayStation 4 winning by 84% votes. that clearly shows what people support now

That's to be expected. Like yourself, the masses are completely superficial. The moment anyone made it about a trite matter like used games was the moment all credibility in the situation should have been thrown to the wind.

While launch games, price tags, and the XBox One's extended focus as a media device over a gaming platform are certainly factors to be critical over, the amount of scrutiny it has received from the populous about pushing towards being all digital (which IS the future and has been for the last 20 years) is completely undeserved -- ESPECIALLY considering how manipulable its 10 family/friend shared library policy basically means that in the right circle and genre type YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY GAMES EVER for it.

My point in this discussion is that you can't declare one side victorious when we're at a pre-launch stage where absolutely no reviews/information matter (since they are subject to change). Even commercial success, a factor that many improperly put as their focus of measuring "victory", can't be measured at this point. More importantly than either of those points though is that you SHOULD NOT CARE. Taking up arms and blinding yourself in ANY debate of ANY kind through obsessing on your VIEW is a plague of humanity -- online for sure, but historically prevalent as a catalyst to most wars as well.

Let me be clear about something.

Every debate I've ever (and will ever) engage in on these forums or anywhere in my life is not because I'm taking up one side. No, it's because I've noticed that someone else has decided to choose such a concrete side with an absolute, non-objective point of view rather than realize that life and truth itself are constructs of an INFINITE PERCEPTION OF REALITY. Being able to embrace possibilities compared to confining yourself to strict beliefs/opinions is the difference between being open-minded and close-minded -- philosophically speaking a fork between a path of peace and one of conflict.

Besides that, expressing yourself strictly on a subject/view that's widely shared, established, and accepted by a large group of people won't take a conversation in any kind of real constructive direction. Exploration of tangents and breaking of boundaries is how revolutions and new ideas occur.

It wasn't until my input (and Shenku's) that this thread went from giddy, short-sighted fanboyism to an ACTUAL composed conversation.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 15, 2013

Just to clairify, what I meant about winners and losers in my previous post was primarily about financial victories in those companies themselves, not necessarily over another company. The fact that these companies are still around says that they are all "winners" technically, since they're all selling their consoles still.

The last "loser" as I mentioned was Sega, which is why they are no longer a hardware based company. The Dreamcast, as great of a system as it was (arguably better than the N64 or PlayStation 2, by some at least), was a failure because while it was a better machine (Graphically at least), its marketing campaign failed to capture consumer interest, and was overshadowed by the PlayStation 2's built-in DVD player as well as many other various factors. Overall, they "lost" because they put too much money into the device, which forced them out of the console market when it failed.

The "console wars" has always been a misnomer, and largely perpetuated by the people choosing sides. I never "chose" sides prior to this past generation, and the side I took was split between the 360 and the Wii, and only because I never saw games for the PlayStation 3 that interested me enough to want to buy it...

With this next generation coming out now, I'm displeased with what I've heard about the XBOX One, since I already have "media devices" between my computer, 360, and WiiU all being hooked up to my TV, so releasing it as that doesn't convince me of the need to buy it. Halo 5 won't sell me on it either, since I'm already disenchanted from what 343 Studios did with Halo 4... As for Sony, I don't see any games that interest me there, still, and I can play non-exclusive games on my WiiU anyways so whatever... Since I already have a WiiU, and it has some great games already, plus some good ones coming out later this year or next year, for the time being that's the only next-gen system we'll have at my house.

Anything else will have to really impress me or interest me to pull me in, which hasn't happened yet. And no, Call of Duty and other cookie cutter first person shooters aren't interesting enough to pull me in anymore... In the mean time, I'll stick with my WiiU and PC games...

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]