Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >>

SuperSaiyanGod Goku

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 27, 2013

I want to start by apologizing if someone has already covered this with you, or if your discords have already ended.

Well just like the Kiao-ken, half/full power is not at all a transformation. The latter is really a technique if anything. And although the movie may have portrayed Goku differently when using different portions of his strength, it really isn't something that requires another tier in his character folder.

(At least in my opinion)

Secondly your modeling is good but your goal shouldn't be to surpass or be better than anyone else's work. For that model to really compare to TRL's it won't be enough to remodel the hair, you must also remodel Goku's head as well as his neck and arms. Rescaling them will not give you the ideally desired effect.

Lastly what most of the people (critics) were saying to you was true. And if you really want to be popular or revered on these forums, I suggest that you leave the childish banter with your friends on Xbox or wherever else people behave like that.

I can see that you're full of potential and just need to devote more time/ patience to your work in order to gain the proper experience.

You could always turn to the learning forum to expand your knowledge in pretty much any field pertaining to ZEQ2-Lite character design.

Again, my apologies if this post succeeds any understanding which you've reached with your former disputants. Good Luck.

{}BardockZ View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote : I want to start by apologizing if someone has already covered this with you, or if your discords have already ended.

Well just like the Kiao-ken, half/full power is not at all a transformation. The latter is really a technique if anything. And although the movie may have portrayed Goku differently when using different portions of his strength, it really isn't something that requires another tier in his character folder.

(At least in my opinion)

Secondly your modeling is good but your goal shouldn't be to surpass or be better than anyone else's work. For that model to really compare to TRL's it won't be enough to remodel the hair, you must also remodel Goku's head as well as his neck and arms. Rescaling them will not give you the ideally desired effect.

Lastly what most of the people (critics) were saying to you was true. And if you really want to be popular or revered on these forums, I suggest that you leave the childish banter with your friends on Xbox or wherever else people behave like that.

I can see that you're full of potential and just need to devote more time/ patience to your work in order to gain the proper experience.

You could always turn to the learning forum to expand your knowledge in pretty much any field pertaining to ZEQ2-Lite character design.

Again, my apologies if this post succeeds any understanding which you've reached with your former disputants. Good Luck.

Actually the eye's are modeled a bit to... I don't want to become popular or famous the only reason I compared my models was to see what level of skill I'm at, as I said before I only get mad when someone doesn't tell me what to fix and just says stuff.

TRL wrote : I think the outlines around his eyes need to be a little darker or thicker. It may be also due to a lack of nomipmap and them not being fully modeled but only textured onto the original eyes.

A thinner neck would help, his bangs on his forehaed need to be more like a Super Saiyan like several have said. There are only 4 and there's a wide gap between them that's more to the left than the middle. The right 2 bangs (Goku's right) have an upward sticking bang inbetween them. The left side bangs are covering his ear like in Super Saiyan 2. Yes you removed the one excessive hair strand on top but only due to the suggestion of others. So I sincerly question your eye for accurateness. Anyway these suggestions are some of the things I started implementing on my model edit when I did it.

What's up with with the dent in his chin on the right side?

Also why are there autumn leaves floating around Goku? Smile

I don't know dent in the chin just fixed it but I noticed that normal Goku has 1 arm bigger then the other arm *stunned* check the basic revision Goku its really there

EDIT: after fixing the dent in the chin the head is weird what the heck where did it come from I think I know -_- maybe when I was pulling vertices I grabbed the chin...................

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Doctor DJosama is really a great example of word..good lesson!..

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

If it makes you feel any better, most of TRL's models are flawed by higher accuracy standards. It really just depends on how far you are willing to go to match your source material. Matching colors, proportions, shapes, and texture details is one thing, but you can go much MUCH further when you start doing things like replicating ink contours, shade flow, feature spatialization (especially on the face), and injecting perspective depth for the sake of the above attributes -- as was done on later ZEQ2 models.

One can go steps beyond even my standards and start considering things like frame uniqueness/irregularities (the subtle line/shape differences that 2D art has) or distinct angle topologies (the harsh differences between a character in front and profile views) and achieve accuracy to an even greater degree. This is something that's been explored in non-photorealistic research fields for over a decade with great success through creative, realtime, cohesive techniques; however, it's barely something that's been touched in on actual game frontiers at all. Hardly 1% of industry stepped-shaded titles even use region-specific colored shade bands or use an inking technique besides fatboy or sobel!

Zeth wrote : If it makes you feel any better, most of TRL's models are flawed by higher accuracy standards. It really just depends on how far you are willing to go to match your source material. Matching colors, proportions, shapes, and texture details is one thing, but you can go much MUCH further when you start doing things like replicating ink contours, shade flow, feature spatialization (especially on the face), and injecting perspective depth for the sake of the above attributes -- as was done on later ZEQ2 models.

One can go steps beyond even my standards and start considering things like frame uniqueness/irregularities (the subtle line/shape differences that 2D art has) or distinct angle topologies (the harsh differences between a character in front and profile views) and achieve accuracy to an even greater degree. This is something that's been explored in non-photorealistic research fields for over a decade with great success through creative, realtime, cohesive techniques; however, it's barely something that's been touched in on actual game frontiers at all. Hardly 1% of industry stepped-shaded titles even use region-specific colored shade bands or use an inking technique besides fatboy or sobel!

Yeah ik and also I just remembered Goku's hair is dark inside and lighter on the outer some I'm going to fix that.

Reply with quote Friday, July 26, 2013

Re-Doing everything... but because I leave here probably updates be on my youtube, if your wondering why there is no eye's its because I'm re-doing them to.

Reply with quote Friday, July 26, 2013

The end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwCDx0SZ-CM&feature=youtu.be

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 28, 2013

I suggest you try modeling something from scratch. If that doesn't work out for you then this whole modeling and editing business probably isn't for you. There's a whole learning forum full of tutorials to get you started.

lukaszenko_PL View user's profile Send private message

Razz

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

Just tested Trl's SSG textures & head model. Pretty sure Nello will do some great stuff with it but I just couldn't wait to see it ingame. Very Happy

miguel master 03 View user's profile Send private message

lukaszenko_PL wrote : Razz

You modeled Goku from scratch?

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

miguel master 03 wrote :

It's an edit.

Please stop showing me this horrible recolour of nello's Saiyan saga Goku.

TRL wrote : I suggest you try modeling something from scratch. If that doesn't work out for you then this whole modeling and editing business probably isn't for you. There's a whole learning forum full of tutorials to get you started.

I think you should improve Smile go try the learning forums man you'll get better.

miguel master 03 wrote :

No he recoloured nello's Saiyan saga Goku.

SAMCROSS wrote : Just tested Trl's SSG textures & head model. Pretty sure Nello will do some great stuff with it but I just couldn't wait to see it ingame. Very Happy

Neutral and some say his is better then mine? pffffffffffffft some of the spikes aren't even the right size he did a good job with front spikes I'll admit but other then that... I think VLadD did a much better job, don't really care though Razz and I stopped coming here... just waiting until my fbx problem is solved...

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 29, 2013

{Ls}Jammin' Jelly Jacob wrote :

SAMCROSS wrote : Just tested Trl's SSG textures & head model. Pretty sure Nello will do some great stuff with it but I just couldn't wait to see it ingame. Very Happy

Neutral and some say his is better then mine? pffffffffffffft some of the spikes aren't even the right size he did a good job with front spikes I'll admit but other then that... I think VLadD did a much better job, don't really care though Razz and I stopped coming here... just waiting until my fbx problem is solved...

Bardock you fail to understand. People aren't comparing your Goku models by their "spikes". I'm not sure which part of the model you're looking at but what I think what most of us are seeing on TRL's model that your model lacks is step up from the ZEQ2-Lite Goku that we're all accustomed to.

We can see that you both did some nice recolors, and some nice edits to the head model but TRL took it a step further and changed Goku's boots, eyes, and physique.

Yours however is definitely not a bad add-on but you should probably stop comparing yourself to others and stop trying to surpass without putting forth the proper effort.

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

his mouth is weird. maybe need some smoothing group Wink
Bardock,you're Goku eyes are not right. is should be smaller Wink

Djosama wrote :

Bardock you fail to understand. People aren't comparing your Goku models by their "spikes". I'm not sure which part of the model you're looking at but what I think what most of us are seeing on TRL's model that your model lacks is step up from the ZEQ2-Lite Goku that we're all accustomed to.

We can see that you both did some nice recolors, and some nice edits to the head model but TRL took it a step further and changed Goku's boots, eyes, and physique.

Yours however is definitely not a bad add-on but you should probably stop comparing yourself to others and stop trying to surpass without putting forth the proper effort.

You fail to see? before he says I'm bad at modeling, now he says go learn in the learning forum? he knows 3ds max doesn't work with my computer and he knows the learning forum only has stuff about 3ds max and a few of misfit model which I already know so don't fool around with me Neutral and his body is skinnier and slightly taller.

ivanhoeGT wrote :

his mouth is weird. maybe need some smoothing group Wink
Bardock,you're Goku eyes are not right. is should be smaller Wink

Guess what ivan Smile nothing has to be 100 percent correct because guess what? normal ZEQ2 Goku... one arm is bigger then the other, 1 eye isn't the same size as the other, 1 spike that's not suppose to be... and 1 small spike is missing, he is also slightly a bit to lipid on the tummy, fix all that before I hear about accuracy, and yes TRL what the heck is with that mouth... and please for Lloyds sake fix that top spike its killing me.

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

you're not saying that you're Goku is the most accurate one right Question

miguel master 03 View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote :

You fail to see? before he says I'm bad at modeling, now he says go learn in the learning forum? he knows 3ds max doesn't work with my computer and he knows the learning forum only has stuff about 3ds max and a few of misfit model which I already know so don't fool around with me Neutral and his body is skinnier and slightly taller.

I think the Dragon Ball battle of the Lloyds Goku is higher because of the designer, looks at you to see:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EJOMH3d4EIQ/UfcQF7Ih5XI/AAAAAAAAA9M/BPj_k7bGuvE/s1600/download.jpg%22%20imageanchor=%221%22%20style=%22margin-left:%201em;%20margin-right:%201em;%22%3E%3Cimg%20border=%220%22%20src=%22http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EJOMH3d4EIQ/UfcQF7Ih5XI/AAAAAAAAA9M/BPj_k7bGuvE/s1600/download.jpg
Look at this picture Goku years after the fight against Bills Very Happy

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Bardock when he says go to the learning forum that means he wants you to get better dude but you who sees everything as an insult is quick to try to start a falme war with someone. just calm down

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ivanhoeGT wrote : you're not saying that you're Goku is the most accurate one right Question

Yes it is... If TRL fixed his ones mouth and top spike then fixed a few other things and did a body for it his would probably be the most accurate... but currently mine is...though his front spikes are fully accurate mine has lloyd kameha animations and a proper body...

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]