Content

been messing with a lot of unity

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 11, 2013

well been messing with a lot of stuffs a while and tried doing some aura stuffs for ZEQ2 or you could say simply for fun !( just trying out stuffs ) and made few aura types!

the former one looks more accurate and the later one is kind of made simpler

I wonder which one is more optimistic ? can anyone suggest stuffs Razz

Very Happy Embarassed

TRL View user's profile Send private message

In both cases the sprite you're generating is too big.

TRL wrote : In both cases the sprite you're generating is too big.

you were right on the later's case

it looks a lot better

still wonder which type the texture animateing or the particle type is more efficent ! and accurate!

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Aravind wrote : well been messing with a lot of stuffs a while and tried doing some aura stuffs for ZEQ2 or you could say simply for fun !( just trying out stuffs ) and made few aura types!

the former one looks more accurate and the later one is kind of made simpler

I wonder which one is more optimistic ? can anyone suggest stuffs Razz

Very Happy Embarassed

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCJIW1lTSU

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Most particle systems aren't going to do the Dragon Ball Z aura any kind of accuracy justice. Extending what Alex and I had worked out in a design thread is still probably one of the better approaches to simulating the connectivity, structure, and flow.

nangaZ View user's profile Send private message

Laughing

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : Most particle systems aren't going to do the Dragon Ball Z aura any kind of accuracy justice. Extending what Alex and I had worked out in a design thread is still probably one of the better approaches to simulating the connectivity, structure, and flow.

that's a good study for Dragon Ball Z aura..he did a good work experimenting that,but the result from what I see in the video is nothing more than a lateral transition on both sides as a mirror with some changes of measures .. I think the correct aura should start from the feet without converging in a center there, and finally converge to the center but above the head ,and should have this effect at 360 degrees on the whole character, without excluding inner effects.. the study done by Alex certainly be taken into consideration and improved Smile..

the aura we have in zeq2lite is good already (but fails somewhere).. when the character is moving,flying etc,should look much different the aura from the charging.. the zeq2lite aura in charging is fine but doesn't change in measures..there is a lot o study and experiments to do ,can be good in many ways ,There's so much room for improvement..

that's a good study for Dragon Ball Z aura..he did a good work experimenting that,but the result from what I see in the video is nothing more than a lateral transition on both sides as a mirror with some changes of measures .. I think the correct aura should start from the feet without converging in a center there, and finally converge to the center but above the head ,and should have this effect at 360 degrees on the whole character, without excluding inner effects.. the study done by Alex certainly be taken into consideration and improved Smile..

The sides don't technically have to mirror. That was a rough example to explain the idea of working from a skeleton-shaped ring mesh to form the hull. From there it's just a matter of having a solid texture and proper segment scale. Removing the bottom two segments procedurally at the feet or creating virtually any ring shape (like the circle auras for Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks) is entirely possible (and intended) using that technique. Since, the aura is a based on screen-space skeleton bounding box, it WOULD already be a changing 3D result and not just a 2D billboard sprite.

the aura we have in zeq2lite is good already (but fails somewhere).. when the character is moving,flying etc,should look much different the aura from the charging.. the zeq2lite aura in charging is fine but doesn't change in measures..there is a lot o study and experiments to do ,can be good in many ways ,There's so much room for improvement..

The aura in ZEQ2-lite is pretty bad by comparison. It simple spawns a billboard particle at a specific tag and scale-fades it outward based on the normal. Dragon Ball Z auras do NOT scale-fade. They have a continuous flow onto one another to form a consistent shape. That's where the skeleton-view-bound ring-mesh aura comes into play in a MUCH better fashion.

Reply with quote Saturday, July 13, 2013

yes there are ways Embarassed as Zeth said(and the connectivity etc) and from the documentations but well just trying out stuffs for now! Smile

made my own connectivity though biped to particle system made a slight progress (or increment).

here is the clinging aura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8aqfhSvplQ&feature=youtu.be

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

what game is this?

It's just tests that Aravind is doing using ZEQ2-lite content in Unity on his own.

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 14, 2013

not a good name for a thread though Laughing Laughing Laughing

Zeth wrote : It's just tests that Aravind is doing using ZEQ2-lite content in Unity on his own.

Smile

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Aravind wrote : yes there are ways Embarassed as Zeth said(and the connectivity etc) and from the documentations but well just trying out stuffs for now! Smile

made my own connectivity though biped to particle system made a slight progress (or increment).

here is the clinging aura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8aqfhSvplQ&feature=youtu.be

not bad this test

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]