Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Samcross' Source Code Editing (Inner Aura)

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 16, 2013

True that Samcross. I always thought the general standing animation needed a little more flair for every character. For instance Goku standing with his hands in his hips after a few secs or Vegeta crossing his arms and maybe even turning away.

SAMCROSS View user's profile Send private message

I started importing the loading menu from the lastest version.
I added the shaders, textures. In terms of code, I imported the very first connection screen but I can't seem to find the code of the loading it self.

For Nello! :

Sorry for double posting but since It's about something else, I feel like it's legit. Anyways :

NELLO!! wrote : some better things.. The Inner aura effect(since rev 1538)..

Wink

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

w8ing for story mode Very Happy

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

I have to say Samcross, that character select screen looks very interesting. Keep it up.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ivanhoeGT wrote : w8ing for story mode Very Happy

Waiting for bots *intense laughter*

SAMCROSS wrote :

ivanhoeGT wrote : w8ing for story mode Very Happy

Waiting for bots *intense laughter*

wait,how you edit the codes again? and I think they are bots code. maybe the real quake 3 got the code. should look for it Smile

Check eariler post for that.

That is, I know there is bots, that is, the problem is that ever since the SVN release, bots have been dislabled and anyways, the ZEQ2 maps don't have bot path. Meaning that they wouldn't work.

try downloading the older maps.. maybe that'll work

Either way, bots are dislabled, I'll see what I can do later on.

good luck from me

ivanhoeGT wrote : good luck from me

Thanks, I'll keep you guys updated as I add things.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Nice work Samcross..I'm very happy Smile well I think I know how to make our zeq2lite maps playable with the bots.. need to recompile
the maps with this config BOT-Navigation..Franco_15 told me something like this.. but I suppose that you will compile only little maps, with bigger maps it lags or Crash.. just to know maybe will work.. Wink

NELLO!! wrote : Nice work Samcross..I'm very happy Smile well I think I know how to make our zeq2lite maps playable with the bots.. need to recompile
the maps with this config BOT-Navigation..Franco_15 told me something like this.. but I suppose that you will compile only little maps, with bigger maps it lags or Crash.. just to know maybe will work.. Wink

I seriously have no idea how to do that :/

the compiling map,that's the part I can't do for making maps

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 20, 2013

True that Samcross. I always thought the general standing animation needed a little more flair for every character. For instance Goku standing with his hands in his hips after a few secs or Vegeta crossing his arms and maybe even turning away.

Adding an extra field to the animation.cfg parse for a "pose" animation for the menu shouldn't be all that difficult to add in (assuming you can track down the correct file it's handled in). A grep/file-content-search for an existing animation name from that config should point you in the right direction.

I added the shaders, textures. In terms of code, I imported the very first connection screen but I can't seem to find the code of the loading it self.

I cannot recall off-hand and I'm not currently home to search, but you should be able to find check the log for the revision number where it was changed and get a list of files altered. It might have been one of the CGame folder files.

That is, I know there is bots, that is, the problem is that ever since the SVN release, bots have been dislabled and anyways, the ZEQ2 maps don't have bot path. Meaning that they wouldn't work.

Correct. Over time the bot code from Quake 3 has been 100% removed from both the engine and game sources. It wouldn't really help you anyhow since Quake 3 bots only know how to press basic directions and primary attack buttons (but not charge them properly). The bots wouldn't have any knowledge of any ZEQ2-lite specific keys like adjusting power level, right mouse (secondary attack), transforming, flying, and so forth. Even with just that, they don't understand any part of ZEQ2-lite gameplay so they'd basically just be looking at the player and trying to fire a machine gun they don't have. Any result that seemed to match would be purely random/coincidental.

the maps with this config BOT-Navigation..Franco_15 told me something like this.. but I suppose that you will compile only little maps, with bigger maps it lags or

Besides the above issues with Quake 3 bot AI, generating the aas (bot path file) for each map would be very difficult and clumsy without some optimizations. Since Quake 3 bot pathing files were originally intended for enclosed indoor maps, the bots would have a much larger range of potential path options in a fully open map type. This means you'll either have to do a lot of optimizations in radiant to limit the paths available (and thus make the bot have limited movement) or greatly increase the memory load per map (if the map even compiles at all).

There were plans to do PROPER bots in ZEQ2-lite by simulating them as a player that sends keepalive packets and button commands to the server (like a real player), but this was never fully investigated/explored due to priority shifts.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thanks Zeth.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 24, 2013

wow,that loading screen is good.. did you manage to put the camera to the older version?

Reply with quote Thursday, July 25, 2013

ivanhoeGT wrote : did you manage to put the camera to the older version?

You mean, when locking on ?

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

ivanhoeGT wrote : wow,that loading screen is good..

What do you mean?That loading screen is in newest revisions.

no,when the player is standing. isn't the old one when you move the aim-mer,the character follow? the new one can move so you can see the character. I don't know how to explain exactly..

What do you mean?That loading screen is in newest revisions.

I mean its cool for the old version Wink

ivanhoeGT wrote :

I don't know how to explain exactly..

And I don't know how to understand it X)

Anyways, in the current state of things, locking on only zooms out the camera of 50%

Here is how it looks with default camera settings.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

GREAT UPDATES!! Wink

NELLO!! wrote : GREAT UPDATES!! Wink

Thanks guys.
Re-added the team menu, allowing for spectating and change teams :

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions