Content

What Makes a REAL Dragon Ball Z Game?

Awsome425 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 11, 2013

Okay, so this guy on PlayStation 3 got mad because I beat him on Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2. After I beat him I said I was going to play ZEQ2. Afterwards he felt like telling me, "ZEQ2 doesn't even a real Dragon Ball Z game" So that conversation dragged on.

So I told him, "How about this, go on DBRB2 and ask every person on there, "What makes a Dragon Ball Z game?". Go on ZEQ2 Forums, and ask people on DBRB2. Then tell me the majority of gamers say ZEQ2 doesn't make a real Dragon Ball Z game"

I'd like to ask you all this can you reply on this post, and say what you'd like to say to him? I'll take a screenshot of your replies and send them all to him with your reasons of why it is. Try not to compare the two games TO MUCH but just tell him what makes a real Dragon Ball Z game.

If you want to send him a message directly on PSN, his Online ID is: KAKUROT321

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 12, 2013

There are no objective criteria to determine whether an entity constitutes a "real Dragon Ball Z game" other than:

-the entity is a game,
-the entity contains exclusively (or at least mainly) Dragon Ball Z content.

If you ask me personally what I find a real Dragon Ball Z game, I would say Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan. It can be found at http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/dbzlotss/. This game feels much like the tv series.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Forza wrote : There are no objective criteria to determine whether an entity constitutes a "real Dragon Ball Z game" other than:

-the entity is a game,
-the entity contains exclusively (or at least mainly) Dragon Ball Z content.

Beyond these, I don't think there are very many more criteria that have to be met, aside from:

-A certain degree of accuracy to content taken from the series(both in the look of the characters, as well as similarities in story elements and locations, even if not entirely 100% the same)

-Generally(though not always, see Legend of the Super Saiyan as one example) fast paced combat.

There might be more, but those are the only ones that spring to mind right now.

Another question that game up in it. Does it HAVE to be published by Namco Bandai? Since they have the rights?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Awsome425 wrote : Another question that game up in it. Does it HAVE to be published by Namco Bandai? Since they have the rights?

If you're talking about official commercial games, then "mostly", because there's still the possibility of third parties purchasing limited rights to make a game or two without Bandai's stamp on it.

But that's not to say that only Bandai is capable of creating a Dragon Ball Z game, it's just that they're the only ones who are currently able to make commercial games. Anyone could make a Dragon Ball Z game if they really wanted, and release it, so long as they don't break any laws by stealing content directly from commercial games, nor attempt to make a profit off of the game they make.

When you get down to it, the developers/producers of the game don't matter, it's the game itself that determines what it is.

Shenku wrote :

Awsome425 wrote : Another question that game up in it. Does it HAVE to be published by Namco Bandai? Since they have the rights?

If you're talking about official commercial games, then "mostly", because there's still the possibility of third parties purchasing limited rights to make a game or two without Bandai's stamp on it.

But that's not to say that only Bandai is capable of creating a Dragon Ball Z game, it's just that they're the only ones who are currently able to make commercial games. Anyone could make a Dragon Ball Z game if they really wanted, and release it, so long as they don't break any laws by stealing content directly from commercial games, nor attempt to make a profit off of the game they make.

When you get down to it, the developers/producers of the game don't matter, it's the game itself that determines what it is.

Well yeah, that's what I ment there's a difference between real Dragon Ball Z games a commercial/official Dragon Ball Z games.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]