Content

New Server

quantum View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 02, 2013

I can't believe I've just discovered this little gem of a game. Within 10 minutes after downloading, realizing it was Quake 3 based, I immediately threw up a server on my dedi.

Herein lies the problem, I've hosted Quake 3 based servers for years, but I'm new to ZEQ2. I'm looking for someone to help me fine tune the server side config. The server itself is online (Kami House). Feel free to check it out. It's hosted in Dallas, TX.

If you can assist me in these configurations, please send me a private tell and we can exchange information. I plan to leave this server online as a community server.

Thanks.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 03, 2013

Message sent.

quantum View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 03, 2013

Still looking for someone knowledgeable to help me tweak the server side settings.

Also, I added an F3 mod supported server (Unoffical F3 Mod) and still have the vanilla server online (Kami House). Since I'm only 2 days into my ZEQ2 experience, any help with server side settings on that server would also be appreciated.

I may put up a 3rd server, but I really don't know what mods the community would like to see. A Revo 5 server perhaps? Any suggestions welcomed.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 04, 2013

A stable revision server is good to have and F3 and Revo 5 servers because there are people who want to play on a stable revision based server and there are those with F3 and Revo5 gamepack which need their own server because characters from gamepacks, most of them, can't transform on stable revision based server.

By side setting do you mean codes that could affect you server? It would be good for you to use this code

/g_allowvote"0"

If this code is being used people that are on server can't use kick function with allowvote or change the map if you don't use that code there are people which know how to use that code if it isn't blocked and will "take over" your server.

Also if you're going to play this game on your own server use this code

/rconpassword yourpassword

With that code you can take control while playing the game no need to go to server console and type codes like kick, map restart, map change, high five people etc.
Before using this code in game you have first to type it in the server console and then type it in game console otherwise it won't work.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 04, 2013

Still looking for someone knowledgeable to help me tweak the server side settings.

Also, I added an F3 mod supported server (Unoffical F3 Mod) and still have the vanilla server online (Kami House). Since I'm only 2 days into my ZEQ2 experience, any help with server side settings on that server would also be appreciated.

I may put up a 3rd server, but I really don't know what mods the community would like to see. A Revo 5 server perhaps? Any suggestions welcomed.

ZEQ2-lite was largely released as a community-driven development aid/tool and not so much as a playable game experience. I would say that the CVARs/settings that apply to standard Quake 3 servers would apply here as well, but honestly many core aspects may no longer be functional due to removal or non-quake-standard design changes.

You may be able to find some mild setting tweaks here and there if you dig deep enough on the forums, but you'd probably be better off doing comprehensive testing on your own and presenting your findings.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]