Content

Enabling VOIP

mighty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, December 30, 2013

I am thinking about enabling VOIP on my servers . I tried it locally on LAN and VOIP works perfectly for ZEQ2Lite .
So just wanted to know if it will be safe to enable VOIP .Has anyone tried it earlier ?
How was your experience ?

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

What is VOIP? Razz

Edit: if it works in LAN, it works in multiplayer.

VOIP is chatting with voice , so you don't have to write everything out , it has options to mute some one if he is being a bad boy and starts saying bad things and stuff .
It is good to have fun together .

Iceman View user's profile Send private message

You want that kids insult me with Voice *laughing out loud*
Jedi Knight, hahaha, I don't know if for someone who is lazy to type maybe is good thing.

Prince View user's profile Send private message

That's greaT!.Did you make it?

MadaraZ View user's profile Send private message

Prince wrote : That's greaT!.Did you make it?

Oh dear lloyd no, imaging your whiny voice calling people b1tches after losing swearing, etc makes me want to kill my self... DON'T DO IT MIGHTY! *laughing out loud* I doubt it would even work have you tried it? *super mega extreme intense laughter*

Yes it works , I and Aravind tried it on my server and it works very well , but I don't know why the game sound became weird and even my voice was not going clearly but at least it worked Razz
Aravind was able to hear simple words like hello etc but not long sentences and fast words ( maybe because of my voice Razz ) , but yeah ZEQ2Lite has great potential and voice definitely works as we tried .

Yes I know players will start raging and talking trash but you can mute them individually , you don't need rcon to mute them just open console and type a command , bam they are mute , you will no longer hear anything from them .

mighty wrote : Yes it works , I and Aravind tried it on my server and it works very well , but I don't know why the game sound became weird and even my voice was not going clearly but at least it worked Razz
Aravind was able to hear simple words like hello etc but not long sentences and fast words ( maybe because of my voice Razz ) , but yeah ZEQ2Lite has great potential and voice definitely works as we tried .

Yes I know players will start raging and talking trash but you can mute them individually , you don't need rcon to mute them just open console and type a command , bam they are mute , you will no longer hear anything from them .

I've actually known about this command for a while but never thought it was useful to anything, almost every new player and people like (Prince) will whine it'll get discomforting, but does /voip mute all work?

Richma View user's profile Send private message

No need for VOIP there is team speak Cool

Not tested those commands to mute or unmute but I believe they will work .

@Richma Teamspeak is an external program ,which will require a server to host it and then not everyone in the game will be able to hear what some one is saying .
Whereas VOIP is a built in feature in quake3 engine since 2008 if I am not wrong , so it should work well .

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Salty Sam *laughing out loud* Very Happy,In fact I have a deep voice for my age.I hope I don't get scared from your high pitched voice Surprised

Mighty,so what command should I use to speak with Microphone?

Prince wrote : Salty Sam *laughing out loud* Very Happy,In fact I have a deep voice for my age.I hope I don't get scared from your high pitched voice Surprised

Oh lloyd it'll sound even sadder.

Prince wrote : Mighty,so what command should I use to speak with Microphone?

Start game , open console and enter this
+set s_useOpenAL 1
+set voip 1

Next bind a key to speak , I will use q to speak
bind q "+voiprecord"

that's it . Press Q to speak .
This only works in servers that have enabled VOIP

Salty Sam wrote :

Prince wrote : Salty Sam *laughing out loud* Very Happy,In fact I have a deep voice for my age.I hope I don't get scared from your high pitched voice Surprised

Hahah I don't think I'll get the chance to even talk to you in microphone because you're voice is so discomforting and you are ashame from your Voice Laughing *laughing out loud*

Prince wrote :

Salty Sam wrote :

Hahah I don't think I'll get the chance to even talk to you in microphone because you're voice is so discomforting and you are ashame from your Voice :*laughing out loud*: *laughing out loud*

Really? And "Ashame" Lamest insult 2014 so far Razz

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]