Content

Is it possible

SuperNamek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 11, 2014

Is it possible to...

1.) Set chat range so text that is a certain distance away from you is transparent or invisible? I've seen it done on other Quake 3 games where people RP. How much coding would it require to add?

2.) have emotes (sit, lay down, dance, cross arms)
Since animations are based on the md3 player model the emotes can be model specific. There would just have to be a command that you could bind to a key to play that specific animation. How hard would it be to code a command to play a certain animation like in the animation cfg?

Thanks.

MadaraZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 12, 2014

SuperNamek wrote : Is it possible to...

1.) Set chat range so text that is a certain distance away from you is transparent or invisible? I've seen it done on other Quake 3 games where people RP. How much coding would it require to add?

2.) have emotes (sit, lay down, dance, cross arms)
Since animations are based on the md3 player model the emotes can be model specific. There would just have to be a command that you could bind to a key to play that specific animation. How hard would it be to code a command to play a certain animation like in the animation cfg?

Thanks.

*laughing out loud* I thought you died eons ago Laughing anyway do I detect Dragon Ball Online? Speaking of Dragon Ball Online, I put a Puar in ZEQ2-Lite with simple hover animations to follow around Vegeta Laughing

SuperNamek View user's profile Send private message

I still get around. But no, I'm not talking about Dragon Ball Online. Never played I and never want to. RP does not have to be played in an RPG. The two shouldn't be confused. I was just wondering about the code that would go behind making a character use a certain animation such as in the animation cfg. So if I use a certain command the model would perform that animation.

It's also not very realistic in RP to be able to hear everyone's conversations with different people. I know that making the text transparent or invisible would probably be possible. I just don't know if anyone would have any idea how.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

My suggestion would be to look at the code for the original IO Quake 3 code for the gesture or taunt function (or what ever it was called, since I think it might have been removed from ZEQ2-Lite possibly...), that should at least point you in the right direction for simply triggering an animation and setting a keybind for it.

I think it's in pmove, but I don't have my computer in front of me so I can't double check...

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]