Content

/ExtensionModel

MadaraZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 13, 2014

Well I been thinking... I put a Puar model with simple hover animations to follow around VegetaCell, but of course this would be apart of one of the separated models (Headmodel), so I was thinking... would there be a way to edit the games codes to get something like /ExtensionModel Extensions/Puar?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Possibly...?

I think you'd need to take a look at the portion of the code that looks at the tags and assigns the models to the correct locations, and figure out a way to add either a new tag, or a new model to an existing tag, but it's theoretically possible... I think....

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

As always, you can get the code from http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Source.
Keep in mind it'll need to be right next to your Build folder.

After you've edited the relative files (in your text editor of choice), just run the included Compile.bat to have new qvms compiled for you. Our compilation process is one-click and requires no external IDE/compiler.

Shenku wrote : Possibly...?

I think you'd need to take a look at the portion of the code that looks at the tags and assigns the models to the correct locations, and figure out a way to add either a new tag, or a new model to an existing tag, but it's theoretically possible... I think....

Hmmm I see, how would I edit the code but? I'm sure with VM (QVM files) if I would edit them (note pad etc) they'd get corrupted since there compressed/complied and would need to be possibly un-complied then re-complied so how would I do this?

Edit: I See you deleted my double post and merged the 2 posts Laughing I did this on purpose since no one reads the discussion forum Laughing so I delete and re-post now Laughing

Zeth wrote : As always, you can get the code from http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Source.
Keep in mind it'll need to be right next to your Build folder.

After you've edited the relative files (in your text editor of choice), just run the included Compile.bat to have new qvms compiled for you. Our compilation process is one-click and requires no external IDE/compiler.

Thanks.

Hmmm I see, how would I edit the code but? I'm sure with VM (QVM files) if I would edit them (note pad etc) they'd get corrupted since there compressed/complied and would need to be possibly un-complied then re-complied so how would I do this?

You don't edit the qvm files directly. They are binary files. You edit the source code sprinkled out in the various *.c and *.h files in the Source folder. After you've made edits, you simply compile a new one by doing what I described above.

Edit: I See you deleted my double post and merged the 2 posts Laughing I did this on purpose since no one reads the discussion forum Laughing

I did merge them, but apparently you accidentally deleted it afterwards?

Zeth wrote :

You don't edit the qvm files directly. They are binary files. You edit the source code sprinkled out in the various *.c and *.h files in the Source folder. After you've made edits, you simply compile a new one by doing what I described above.

Edit: I See you deleted my double post and merged the 2 posts Laughing I did this on purpose since no one reads the discussion forum Laughing

I did merge them, but apparently you accidentally deleted it afterwards?

Nope, I deleted both and re-posted them. Anyway do I need tortoise SVN because it doesn't work with my computer.

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Anyway do I need tortoise SVN because it doesn't work with my computer.

TortoiseSVN is just an SVN Client so you can retrieve the files you need from a file repository. It would help to have in this case, but it's not necessary to edit/compile the files (once you have them).

Zeth wrote :

Anyway do I need tortoise SVN because it doesn't work with my computer.

TortoiseSVN is just an SVN Client so you can retrieve the files you need from a file repository. It would help to have in this case, but it's not necessary to edit/compile the files (once you have them).

I can click and download them but the problem is I can't download the last file keeps going into a notepad like form when I click it.

I can click and download them but the problem is I can't download the last file keeps going into a notepad like form when I click it.

What do you mean "download the last file"? If you do an SVN checkout on the Source folder, it'll download the latest revision of all files. They are not opened immediately.

You can always change file associations to use your program of choice as default, but this does not relate to the Subversion checkout process.

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Zeth wrote :

What do you mean "download the last file"? If you do an SVN checkout on the Source folder, it'll download the latest revision of all files. They are not opened immediately.

You can always change file associations to use your program of choice as default, but this does not relate to the Subversion checkout process.

Keeps giving me

The system cannot find the path specified.
Compiling CGAME...
'cgame.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Compiling GAME...
'game.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Compiling UI...
'ui.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Press any key to continue . . .

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm new at this Laughing

Compiling CGAME...
Compiling GAME...
Compiling UI...

It sounds like your problem is running the Compile.bat successfully.

Is your folder structure correct? You'll need your main folder to contain both Build and Source from whatever revision you are working from. They MUST be side by side, named appropriately, and not have their directory structures altered in any way.

Zeth wrote :

Compiling CGAME...
Compiling GAME...
Compiling UI...

It sounds like your problem is running the Compile.bat successfully.

Is your folder structure correct? You'll need your main folder to contain both Build and Source from whatever revision you are working from. They MUST be side by side, named appropriately, and not have their directory structures altered in any way.

I didn't know this Laughing thanks, I will try.
Still the only way to download files is to click them one at at time there must be another way?

Still the only way to download files is to click them one at at time there must be another way?

No. Again, that's what SVN is for.

Zeth wrote :

No. Again, that's what SVN is for.

Confused I already told you every time I download it...

---TortoiseSVN set up Wizard ended prematurely---

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]