Content

Sdl.dll error

Seujiro View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hi everyone! I've been trying to get the game to work for a couple hours now and I couldn't find anything specific to my problem currently on the forums so here we go. When I try to start up the game I get this error message: "revision1536.1\ZEQ2-Lite\SDL.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support" Also to give you more information my virus program (Norton) removes the file and says its a threat. Thanks for any help given!

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Seujiro wrote : Hi everyone! I've been trying to get the game to work for a couple hours now and I couldn't find anything specific to my problem currently on the forums so here we go. When I try to start up the game I get this error message: "revision1536.1\ZEQ2-Lite\SDL.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support" Also to give you more information my virus program (Norton) removes the file and says its a threat. Thanks for any help given!

nortan is not a very good program, and reason why it sais its a threat is cause it leaks infomation to the master server of you're ZEQ configuration, had sam issue with another anti virus and a few other programs saying it as well

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Sounds like a false positive. You'll need the file as is.

mighty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 31, 2014

It is not a virus or anything since this is an open source project anyone can see the code and find out if it is malicious or not . Similarly it is easy to add malicious code and distribute it , so make sure you download game from authorized sources and/or SVN repositories on this site .
Norton is very bad , use some other AV like Avast free or AVG .

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]