Content

Making/Adding Own Aura

Awsome425 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 18, 2014

I don't think I should put this on the learning one since this is a question but...

I'm trying to make a flame type aura. For my version of Super Saiyan lloyd Goku.

Before anyone tells me there's one being made, I'd like to let you know that I want to do this on my own.

But I'm not sure of how to to make the aura and add a flame texture to it. I have transformations on mine so I want it to differ from lloyd, from base, from Super Saiyan.
Also, when I do have the aura up, how would I make it so that he doesn't get a huge shade darkening his clothes?

Can anyone help me out with that?

Reply with quote Monday, January 20, 2014

I also want to know if it has to do with modeling, how do I make it transparent then?

ZEQ2DBZFAN View user's profile Send private message

Awsome425 wrote : I don't think I should put this on the learning one since this is a question but...

I'm trying to make a flame type aura. For my version of Super Saiyan lloyd Goku.

Before anyone tells me there's one being made, I'd like to let you know that I want to do this on my own.

But I'm not sure of how to to make the aura and add a flame texture to it. I have transformations on mine so I want it to differ from lloyd, from base, from Super Saiyan.
Also, when I do have the aura up, how would I make it so that he doesn't get a huge shade darkening his clothes?

Can anyone help me out with that?

Dbzkrishfugz knows how to make aura and about adding texture do not worry just need to make it Wink

I was hoping you would know how but I guess.

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Awsome425 wrote : I was hoping you would know how but I guess.

no man I do not know how but you can ask krishfugz how to make aura I can't ask him because he is becoming my enemy and also no one is my friend in forums Very Happy

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

I am not your enemy Laughing I just don't wanna teach you.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

As far as I can tell, the only practical way to generate that type of aura correctly would be to implement the aura technique that Alex proposed in this thread:

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1257

The theory was pretty sound, and while similar to the one used for ZEQ2-Lite currently, it was a solid yet dynamic and unified aura mesh that can flow together(and in theory, could have a fading light in the center which could be set up to become more solid from further away, similar to how aura's function in the show, which he current one also lacks), where as the current aura is dozens of distinctly separate incoherent particle sprites.

I think ideally we need to have both in place for a better aura overall. Problem is, as sound as his theory was, I don't know if he ever tried to make it work, or if anyone else around here has attempted it either, and I myself don't understand the rendering portion of the engine enough to tinker with it...

Shenku wrote : As far as I can tell, the only practical way to generate that type of aura correctly would be to implement the aura technique that Alex proposed in this thread:

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1257

The theory was pretty sound, and while similar to the one used for ZEQ2-Lite currently, it was a solid yet dynamic and unified aura mesh that can flow together(and in theory, could have a fading light in the center which could be set up to become more solid from further away, similar to how aura's function in the show, which he current one also lacks), where as the current aura is dozens of distinctly separate incoherent particle sprites.

I think ideally we need to have both in place for a better aura overall. Problem is, as sound as his theory was, I don't know if he ever tried to make it work, or if anyone else around here has attempted it either, and I myself don't understand the rendering portion of the engine enough to tinker with it...

Well, I hope someone tries it out. I want to get an accurate aura.

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : I am not your enemy :*laughing out loud*: I just don't wanna teach you.

Then why you do not want to teach me? Laughing

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 15, 2014

I'm currently changing aura shader by 12th aura swirl picture but I need to put the black part in transparent :\ someone can help me on this ?

The test:

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I'm currently changing aura shader by 12th aura swirl picture but I need to put the black part in transparent :\ someone can help me on this ?

The test:

The aura sprites need to be .png files with transparent backgrounds. You'll have to edit the image/s in Photoshop/Gimp and save them out as .png files to fix that.

Easiest way I think would be to use the image as an opacity mask for itself, that should take care of the black background for the most part.

Mini-Tutorial:

You can do this by loading the file up in Gimp, right clicking on the layer, applying a layer mask, and when the dialogue pops there will be a check box that reads "Grayscale copy of layer", select that and hit Add.

The image now has an alpha channel, but you need to get rid of the black outlines around the aura, so make sure you have the layer selected(not the opacity mask!), and select all/delete, then use the fill tool to fill the layer with White. Now all the black will be removed, and the image will be properly transparent for use as an aura sprite.

Then of course save the image out as a .png file, and repeat on the next image in the sequence(assuming you're using the whole image sequence).

Note: The Aura Swirl sprites were not intended for use as the aura itself, but for an added effect that was suppose to swirl around the character when they began charging power or transforming(I think), but this feature was never fully implemented. As such, I'm not sure how good they'd look used for the actual aura sprites, but you can try it and see what happens.

daim, I will finally download gimp or Photoshop *intense laughter* (I always used paint for my addons *intense laughter*) but I think I'll download Photoshop (because I tried gimp and it was pretty hard to use and I didn't wanted to look 2 hours of tutorials about it *intense laughter*) But thanks for your help Smile

Aura swirl's textures already are in png.(and I knew about those effect just after krisfhugz has released his Goku Super Saiyan|6 rage)

I searched fire aura textures but... didn't find one *intense laughter*

So I have chosen this one to test and I'm sure it can render good in game (without the f|kin boxes *intense laughter*)

Does your Mini tutorial works in Photoshop too ?

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : daim, I will finally download gimp or Photoshop *intense laughter* (I always used paint for my addons *intense laughter*) but I think I'll download Photoshop (because I tried gimp and it was pretty hard to use and I didn't wanted to look 2 hours of tutorials about it *intense laughter*) But thanks for your help Smile

The process I described is literally all you'd need to do, so you wouldn't need to find a tutorial to do anything else unless you wanted to learn the software. Besides, many of the tools aren't that dissimilar to that of Photoshop's, so learning one will easily transfer to the other.

Does your Mini tutorial works in Photoshop too ?

Not exactly no, the process would be a bit different since Photoshop(or at least my version of) doesn't let you copy the layer into the masking layer. So you'd have to mess around with selections, selection feathering, and hand painting portions of the masking layer.

In a large part, this is why I use both Photoshop and Gimp. Sometimes one software can do things easier than the other. Gimp for example has a filter to automatically generate a tileable texture from an image, where as Photoshop you'd have to do it manually with offset filters, multiple layers, and masking layers. On the other hand, Photoshop has much better features for blending and layer clipping than Gimp has, so anything involving a ton of overlapping layers(especially organizational wise for larger projects) is easier to do in Photoshop.

Really, it comes down to what you're doing as to which is better suited to the task, because sometimes it's nice to have the flexibility to use both.

okay, so I'll download both and see if I can. Thank you for the tips ^^

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]