Content

<<  1, 2

Vernacular Debate

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 17, 2014

Oh boy oh boy I want to have some part of the fun!

Asumo, spell awesome right.

Next, both had a point. In a autistic way asumo was right, in a hippy (everything is debatable) way Brad was right. Both were retarded for even discussing something like that.
Also Brad, intellectually lacking way to try to win an argument at the end bro. Razz

Thirdly from this day forth, you're new name is Asumo, asumo, the awesome Japanese robot on which south park did a spoof with awesome-o. There's no excuse for spelling awesome wrong even in your username. There's no excuse for discussing with Brad either. It shan't be done!

FireMan View user's profile Send private message

Both of you have fair points... definetly. I got new pants by the way... I hope this little biz wiz gets done and Asumo loses the contest.

You shouldn't argue in other people's threads. It's just wrong. What you did was unforgivable. Apologize to Nello via private message.

Good day to all and happy non-nightmaring night.

Postscript: IT SHALL BE DONE.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

That's right Fireman.

by the way, in a perfect circle kind of way, I ironically spelled Asimo wrong. But just google him already. He's awesome.

Warrior9983 View user's profile Send private message

Either way, his name is "lloyd of Destuction Beerus", or "Hakaishin Birusu".

If you're going for accuracy, putting, "Bills" or "Bill" doesn't cut it.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Warrior9983 wrote : Either way, his name is "lloyd of Destuction Beerus", or "Hakaishin Birusu".

If you're going for accuracy, putting, "Bills" or "Bill" doesn't cut it.

Considering some of the addons I've seen added to these various Addon packs, accuracy of a character's name is the least of their concerns... But it doesn't matter because they are exactly that, addons. Bonus characters that can be anyone and everyone, and perhaps even at the same time if you're creative enough.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Next, both had a point. In a autistic way asumo was right, in a hippy (everything is debatable) way Brad was right. Both were lacking for even discussing something like that.

It's not a matter of just blindly debating everything and it's hardly hippy ideology. A 'hippie' tends to believe in passive and peaceful solutions over aggressive or conflict-derived ones. Just like anyone else, if they refused to accept alternative perspectives and claimed their path was absolute, they'd be close-minded (by definition) as well.

Also Brad, intellectually lacking way to try to win an argument at the end brother. Razz

You couldn't see it, could you? We'd already entered a loop. When I went to respond to his last remarks, I realized that not a single point that I made was being responded to logically. This conclusion revealed itself when I finished my rebuttal -- realizing I was just iterating the EXACT the same contents of the previous post in different words.

If the contents and points of the debate aren't addressed properly, then the conversation flow cannot continue.

There's no excuse for discussing with Brad either. It shan't be done!

On the contrary, I encourage discussion AND debate like this topic (and others). However, all participants have to be willing to accept alternative points of view and come up with logical retorts.

You have to be on the same playing field to have a proper debate.

Note : Awesome425's account was not jeopardized because he was engaging in a debate with a moderator. It was called into question because he began to personally antagonize and step over guideline/etiquette boundaries with several of his remarks (additionally in PM).

FireMan View user's profile Send private message

F3+ was not the place for this debate. Asumo was pushing it too far. I can't believe you didn't delete his posts.

Zeth wrote :
Note : Awesome425's account was not jeopardized because he was engaging in a debate with a moderator. It was called into question because he began to personally antagonize and step over guideline/etiquette boundaries with several of his remarks (additionally in PM).

That was pretty much my feeling. It's fine and all to have a friendly debate with a moderator over something, but people have to be civil and logical about it. He was being little more than antagonistic about it, which defeats the point of having a debate.

Imagine if politicians debated like that on national TV, stooping to immature name calling and accusations that their opponent is a "gummy bear" for not agreeing with them on an issue. Would you ever want to vote for either side? Would you seriously trust someone so immature in public office with control over billions/trillions in tax dollars? Granted, politicians as they are now aren't much better with our money(and that goes for both sides of the isle), but at least they keep the appearances of being civil... Mostly anyways...

Think View user's profile Send private message

What scares me the most about this debate is that Denz predicted this situation in 2011.

Denz wrote : Zeth, I don't know if its you trying to prove something more than it is your ego, but in the near future if people don't stick around from you, they will start to ignore your every thought.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What scares me the most about this debate is that Denz predicted this situation in 2011.

That's hardly a prophecy. A single bad apple in a crowd of thousands is not some kind of deserved revolution. This project has has had a community since 2003. There have been FAR more complex and socially dubious situations than a simple thread like this one.

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'm in agreement with Brad on this. One person hardly denotes a trend. And it wasn't just Brad, but he wasn't listening to anyone. That's more an issue of individual behavior than any ominous portent you may have thought there to be in this exchange.

<<  1, 2

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]