Content

permission request

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I have a server and I like to edit the configs a lot, was wondering if I can get permission to post the configs on my website

cause by law I'm suppose to get permission to do so cause it's not my coding or anything

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I have a server and I like to edit the configs a lot, was wondering if I can get permission to post the configs on my website

cause by law I'm suppose to get permission to do so cause it's not my coding or anything

That's not a requirement by law. The ZEQ2-lite source and its derivatives are licensed under GPL (due to an inherited Quake 3 licensing), but largely we promote and encourage reuse, editing, and spreading as much as possible. It is the project's sole intent and purpose.

To be clear, our configs are not actual code as much as parameter adjusters. Additionally, since the configs themselves are outside the source code itself, they don't HAVE to be covered by GPL and thus can have a much more lax licensing. I've really always considered them more along the lines of an LGPL.

deadwalkin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Zeth wrote :

That's not a requirement by law. The ZEQ2-lite source and its derivatives are licensed under GPL (due to an inherited Quake 3 licensing), but largely we promote and encourage reuse, editing, and spreading as much as possible. It is the project's sole intent and purpose.

To be clear, our configs are not actual code as much as parameter adjusters. Additionally, since the configs themselves are outside the source code itself, they don't HAVE to be covered by GPL and thus can have a much more lax licensing. I've really always considered them more along the lines of an LGPL.

thank you Very Happy by the way I know I don't have to ask for the permission for some things, but I do it just to make sure

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]