Content

<<  1, 2

Shallow complaints.

FireMan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 05, 2014

If this isn't a "game" as people call it,why are there so many fights between clans on this forum?It should be deleted not serve as an example for future users on the forum.Rules are here for a reason.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

If this isn't a "game" as people call it,why are there so many fights between clans on this forum?It should be deleted not serve as an example for future users on the forum.Rules are here for a reason.

There aren't any such "fights" between clans. There used to be dozens of threads like that all the time, but they've since been removed over the years. There are a few pending discussion threads that exist, yes, but they are either (a) much broader topics that contain helpful information/content (b) contained temporarily or solely in the free forum (where less constraints exist) (c) not yet targeted and removed by our (limited) forum moderation staff.

There aren't any such "fights" between clans. There used to be dozens of threads like that all the time, but they've since been removed over the years. There are a few pending discussion threads that exist, yes, but they are either (a) much broader topics that contain helpful information/content (b) contained temporarily or solely in the free forum (where less constraints exist) (c) not yet targeted and removed by our (limited) forum moderation staff.

I see,so you did not have time yet to remove such threads(if there were/are any).

Reply with quote Thursday, February 06, 2014

Exactly what I was talking about:
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU8H44UbWNU <-
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuDoS9MZ5KU <-
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPlXxouZA4 <-
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJaflVUBq8 <-
Let me quote description of the video: "hi this is the Dragon Ball Z game ZEQ2 f3 its pretty fun game to kill time and if you're a Dragon Ball Z fan. "

Everyone thinks ZEQ2-Lite is a GAME.Most clans like Tristan's call it a GAME.I think I never saw a clan that actually said "open-source project".Fighting over who is stronger than who is just ridiculous,now even more since I found out that it's a project as stated in "about" page.

Do you know why I thought it was a game?Because everyone said "hey there is a new Dragon Ball Z game called ZEQ2 lite you must play it man".In-game was no different,people call it a GAME,people had huge discussions on who is better at playing it...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 07, 2014

Those people who keep calling it a game are misinformed or are simply ignoring facts that have been presented to them, and in some cases, repeated to them many times(hint hint).

Trying to claim it's a game doesn't change the fact that it isn't yet in fact a game.

You can argue all you want to the contrary, but it won't actually be considered a game until the project reaches completion(I.e. a playable state with completed non-placeholder gameplay mechanics, objectives/goals, exc., and even then it's still an open source project, so development might never truly end, and thus never really reach "completion".), and arguing about it here isn't going to do anything to help get it any closer to a complete and playable state. If anything, your assertions that it's a game hurt the goals of the project because the continuously given falsity that it's a "game" makes lazy or less informed users that find this site(or various Youtube videos) more likely to automatically assume it's a finished product meant to be played because of the frequency of incorrect statements such as yours that are contrary to facts.

Basically, you're contributing to the misunderstandings by perpetuating the incorrect status of this project, and those misunderstandings won't stop unless you and everyone else who perpetuates them stops calling this project a "game".

Those people who keep calling it a game are misinformed or are simply ignoring facts that have been presented to them, and in some cases, repeated to them many times(hint hint).

Trying to claim it's a game doesn't change the fact that it isn't yet in fact a game.

You can argue all you want to the contrary, but it won't actually be considered a game until the project reaches completion(I.e. a playable state with completed non-placeholder gameplay mechanics, objectives/goals, exc., and even then it's still an open source project, so development might never truly end, and thus never really reach "completion".), and arguing about it here isn't going to do anything to help get it any closer to a complete and playable state. If anything, your assertions that it's a game hurt the goals of the project because the continuously given falsity that it's a "game" makes lazy or less informed users that find this site(or various Youtube videos) more likely to automatically assume it's a finished product meant to be played because of the frequency of incorrect statements such as yours that are contrary to facts.

Basically, you're contributing to the misunderstandings by perpetuating the incorrect status of this project, and those misunderstandings won't stop unless you and everyone else who perpetuates them stops calling this project a "game".

You misunderstood me.I know it's a project. I was giving an example to Zeth which shows that MOST people call it a GAME.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

It doesn't matter what they call it, because it's not a game. That's the whole point.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Everyone thinks ZEQ2-Lite is a GAME.Most clans like Tristan's call it a GAME.I think I never saw a clan that actually said "open-source project".Fighting over who is stronger than who is just ridiculous,now even more since I found out that it's a project as stated in "about" page.

A few youtube users or moddb users does not constitute "everyone". Those that think it a game are naturally the ones you'll see making videos or those you'll find active in servers. That's kind of the whole proving point here.

It's like walking into a church and saying "EVERYONE is religious!".

When you limit your scope or over-tighten your criteria, practically anything can be made out to seem factual.

A few youtube users or moddb users does not constitute "everyone". Those that think it a game are naturally the ones you'll see making videos or those you'll find active in servers. That's kind of the whole proving point here.

It's like walking into a church and saying "EVERYONE is religious!".

When you limit your scope or over-tighten your criteria, practically anything can be made out to seem factual.

I understand now.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 21, 2014

TristannV wrote :

KAKAROT#1 wrote : If anyone hasn't notice already ZEQ2 is basically dead and by dead I mean there are hardly any players that know how to "Properly" play the game. In the past the game was different and as the new generation of players come the older players seem to disapear. A suggestion I have in mind is to bring back the original Stable server. I know there had been trouble in the past with this but this server would help bring some of the players back and make ZEQ2lite more interesting.

I am a veteran of Raging Blast (1), a true DEAD Dragon Ball Z game.

A game is dead when ONLY veterans play it. If ONLY veterans play the game, it mean no new players are interested, thus the game is DEAD -- not relevant to the Dragon Ball Z community. The fact that you see lots of fresh players on ZEQ2 means that it is still reaching new members of the Dragon Ball Z community -- thus is not DYING, but actually growing.

However, the fact your friends quit the game, does not mean the game is somehow less potent or fun. It simply means, your enjoyment of the game has decreased because you have no one to play with.

You see, I'm in a ZEQ2 clan with 85 members, most of whom are on Skype. We host RP, Tournaments, Team Battles, King of Hill, etc. We base our ranks on skill, that way people new to the clan must learn to "properly play" in order to rank up. But, the way we keep the clan alive and fun happening ( as people get bored, real life happens, etc ) is to recruit new players all the time -- that we choose based on personality usually -- and we TEACH THEM how to play. Then BOOM, a new player who was not enjoyable to play with, is able to participate in all the clan activities and thus the wheel keeps spinning.

So as Shenku said, try helping out people -- training new players. Maybe you'll have more people to play with -- instead of complaining to basically ZEQ2 vets on the forums who dgaf.

The name of your skype clan?

<<  1, 2

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]