Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  >>

Goku's House ^.^

Gokua View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 04, 2014

ryku220 wrote : FIXED MY PC!!!!!! My fan was scraping the inside of my pc I bought a new one and replaced it I can start again. sorry gokua, and ivan I'm back now Very Happy

welcome back

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 05, 2014

nice work on that landing gokua and I'm working on the heck map I'll post some up later

ryku220 wrote : nice work on that landing gokua and I'm working on the heck map I'll post some up later

thanks and what's heck map?

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

I think it's the one from Gogeta oav

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I think it's the one from Gogeta oav

yes maybe, but even if he finish it will be separate because if I recall the world map will only consist of the locations on "earth".

Or you can rename to Dragon Ball and put teleporters to paradise/heck :

just kidding it's as you wish *intense laughter*

oh I thought there was going to be teleporters never mind then *laughing out loud* Very Happy

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Gokua wrote :

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I think it's the one from Gogeta oav

yes maybe, but even if he finish it will be separate because if I recall the world map will only consist of the locations on "earth".

Technically, there's very little cannon-wise to prevent some way of traveling between the two, or for that matter other planets such as Namek. And the maps you can build in Net Radiant can be quite expansive and do support multiple skyboxes, so it's entirely feasible to have completely separate environments all connected.

All you'd need is teleport points in reasonable locations to connect them, and maybe changing the code in some way to have allow you to load into the server in a random place in the world, but if you die all the respawn points are at Earth's Check-In Station. I.E. "Spawnpoint" versus "Respawnpoint".

Example: To travel to Namek, go hop into a Space Capsule at Capsule Corp and it drops you off on Namek, to get back, hop back into the Capsule at the landing site. If you die anywhere on Earth, you end up at Earth's Check-In Station with a Halo above your head. To get back, you go find a "stand-in Kami" and he teleports you back to the Lookout when you "touch" him.

good exemple of multiple skyboxes: kami's lookout (hoodjuro's one is the best :3)

good exemple of teleporter in maps: kame-house

maybe looking these maps will help you Smile

gokua, or ivan are you rebuilding kami lookout and world tournament? I need to know what texture's are needed

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

oops misread some things.

Well, guys you should try putting everything together to Dragon Ball Z world landscape and see how it looks like.

yes shenku, we actually can make it like kami's maps by putting teleport or like the qwerty world map where he made an open space in the skybox

so we are going to do teleporters?

ryku220 wrote : so we are going to do teleporters?

for that you need to ask ivan, he hasn't been posting a lot nor online in moddb, if you want I'll ask him I'm going for a family trip for two days leaving in about an hour.... sorry about that I almost finished break wasteland only needs Gohan's sword that he left there and his yellow jacket.maybe we can one teleporter to snake way and king yemmas and heck, and another far from yemmas office to other world tournament

alright have fun I should have a lot of stuff completed in that time frame also I was thinking about day night cycles I was going to ask shenku could he help us with that. so shenku could you help us with that? Very Happy

ryku220 wrote : alright have fun I should have a lot of stuff completed in that time frame also I was thinking about day night cycles I was going to ask shenku could he help us with that. so shenku could you help us with that? Very Happy

I don't think there are day night cycles for that ZEQ2 needs coding we can only texture the skybox so it look day night etc. anyway I'm off now

ivanhoeGT View user's profile Send private message

so respawn point can teleport one player from one place to another? if you guys want that well okay..time chamber and Namek

Reply with quote Sunday, April 06, 2014

Well I wasn't really even considering day/night cycles, but if it's something you want to do you'll need some way of animating the light on the map(which probably would require code changes) and animating the transition of textures from day to night.

For the latter, you could easily just add in a sphere in the skybox and use the texture scrolling shader option to animate the sky to rotate along an axis to mimic the appearance of shifting between a day and a night sky, possibly with multple layers/sphere meshes even to add clouds, stars, exc.

But again the problem is making the lighting on the map match that transition.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

[quote="Shenku"

For the latter, you could easily just add in a sphere in the skybox and use the texture scrolling shader option to animate the sky to rotate along an axis to mimic the appearance of shifting between a day and a night sky..[/quote]

Why didn't I think of that? *laughing out loud*. Then again the objects need to change to. (Ambient light)

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

[quote="Shenku"

For the latter, you could easily just add in a sphere in the skybox and use the texture scrolling shader option to animate the sky to rotate along an axis to mimic the appearance of shifting between a day and a night sky..[/quote]

Why didn't I think of that? *laughing out loud*. Then again the objects need to change to. (Ambient light)

started modeling heck almost done Very Happy

Baldwin wrote : Why didn't I think of that? *laughing out loud*. Then again the objects need to change to. (Ambient light)

When I said lighting, I meant shading too, and shadows.

As it stands now, all the shadows and shading for the maps are baked in, so to change that would require the ability to setup dynamic lights that can be turned on and off and be moved around instead of static lighting.

And I only thought of it because I've found myself no longer able to just play games, but rather I'm constantly studying everything such as geometry, special effects, and other misc. world/character objects in nearly every game I play in an attempt to try and figure out how they make those types of things....

Reply with quote Monday, April 07, 2014

hi guys I'm back Very Happy, here is some progress almost done with break wasteland

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

is that Gohan's sword in the bottom picture?

mantis tubogan wrote : is that Gohan's sword in the bottom picture?

yeah it where Piccolo left it for him

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]