Content

Stable Revision Update?

ahaque View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 26, 2014

I am sorry if this question is obvious or answered already, but won't they update the stable ZEQ2 revision? It's been more than a year since it has been updated.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 26, 2014

I already asked if someone wanted to continue stable revisions x)

But there's no official coder actually... It's just a miracle if the 1913 exist.. And by the way, this version isn't bad, without counting bugs (and quick teleport feature)...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 27, 2014

The main reason there hasn't been a new "Stable Revision" is because a lot of features that existed in the current one were pulled, gutted, or otherwise being reworked, and most if not all of them are still incomplete. More so since there hasn't been as much progress on the coding side of development for a while which seldom few people are brave enough to dive into...

Until those systems can be finished, it's not really a good idea to claim any of the newer revisions as "Stable" because it gives the wrong impression. The "Stable Revision" is exactly as the name implies. It's more "stable", not as buggy, doesn't crash as much, and is not as much of a WIP build as more recent revisions.

That's not to say the Stable Revision is perfect, but it's less of a nightmare for you guys to make and test addons with than the more recent revisions where some stuff just plain doesn't work yet.

If you really want to see a new Stable Revision, learn some code and try to help out. Even if you can only add a line of code here or there, every bit helps. And don't think you need to be as awesome as Brad to help either.

I'll admit I'm rather unskilled at coding, but even I was able to add a few new snipits here and there, such as my added requirement setting for trasformations in one build(requirementHealthMaximum, useful for if you want to only let a character transform if they've been hurt below X amount of health of their total, 0-100 with 100 representing full health.). So just because you might not be very good doesn't mean you can't contribute at least something. (And that requirementHealthMaximum was mostly copying existing code from the other requirements and adding/using some new/other variables to check against before allowing the tier change) It might not seem like a huge change, and to be honest there really wasn't much additional code added for it, but it opened up the door for more accurate transform conditions for things like False Super Saiyan for Goku(not quite strong enough to go fully, but hurt badly enough that he taps into some of that potential), or giving Frieza his own self-imposed handicap where he doesn't transform to the next form unless he actually needs to(because he's evil, egotistical, and sadistic like that). Granted, maybe not the best way to go about it for those examples, but it was in my opinion a semi-decent stop-gap measure to add a different possible dimension to explore when dealing with the tier requirements for new tiers and addon characters.

Anyways, my point is you don't have to be an expert to help out. I stumbled my way through the code and managed to add that in there over the course of a few days of trial and error. Just get some basic understanding, and poke around the code a little and I'm sure you can contribute at least something.

I remember the game actually can't take less than 10 or more than 90 in damages feature. If it comes from the code it's okay, but if it's the game engine, good luck Laughing

mj_98 View user's profile Send private message

Hi Guys,

Can anyone teach me coding quake 3 engine to make improvements for the gameplay and add new things to ZEQ2?

or

teach me how to use unity 3D to make improvements for the gameplay and add new things to ZEQ2?

Trust me, if you know nothing about coding, it'll be hard... To know all the bases for coding by starting at 0, you'll need few month...

I think Shenku told me it was coded in C on Quake 3 (sorry if it false Shenku, sometimes my memory is fuzzy ^^')

I don't think someone will learn you all that stuff like that.. I'm searching for links to learn coding.

Edit: that's for C language: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html

You'll find c++ in too if you want.

Normally, learning c from zero = 2 month.

leogone View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 28, 2014

I know how to code a bit, how to use x and why codes, the sound_play(sound) and the stuff, variables and more, but I'm not a pro, maybe I can help on some stuffs, maybe not.
And I really want to see a new version of the game so....I don't really know if I could be useful '-'.

>Leogone

Did you finished the 4 chapters of the code tutorial ?

leogone View user's profile Send private message

Actually, I'm still in learning face.
As I said before, I'm not really sure to be useful for something , my coding level is not really high '-'.
So if I can do something for the "game" , I'll try, and I'm really....REALLY bad at rigging.
And as Shenku said, we don't have to be professionals.
But I still have to say that I don't really know if I can be useful for something, I still can make new interface stuff, or add some sprites or something like that, actually, I didn't try to code something in 3D, only 2D , So here what I can do :
A bit of coding.
Design.
Or I can give suggestions.

Oh well, I'll see what I can do.

Wait wait wait.. Which type of code are you talking about ? Real coding ? (in c/c++, java, basic, python......)
Or cfg coding ? (I regroup cfg/shader/grfx/phys/psys etc....)

It's really different..

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Wait wait wait.. Which type of code are you talking about ? Real coding ? (in c/c++, java, basic, python......)
Or cfg coding ? (I regroup cfg/shader/grfx/phys/psys etc....)

It's really different..

Technically working with the .cfg, .grfx, .phys, exc. files is more "scripting" than "coding" since they are more just simple configuration scripts and do not need to be compiled to work with the engine.

Reply with quote Sunday, June 29, 2014

yeah, I have some difficulties to speak in English :\

_Yank View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Well, this last days I've been having a look at stable revision source code. And I would like to help, my C/C++ knowledge isn't very high, but enough for a decent help (at least what I think). So, should I have a look at the last revision instead and see what I can do ?

I'm very experienced at Lua Script and I have a basic Python and Java knowledge, all of them seem to be similar with C and C++

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 02, 2014

>_Yank

Good news! Smile

tvirus06 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 12, 2014

I've worked on my own 3D MMORPG, Called Avial Online. Sorta a small project, written in C#. But This ZEQ2, can probably be close to this program codding. Therefore, If it is, then I can work on this game and get it back on the road. I can't model, but I can program. Smile

Reply with quote Saturday, July 12, 2014

>tvirus06

WOOAAH, IT WOULD BE AWESOME *q* !

I hope will be confirmed ^-^

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]