Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  >>

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 20, 2014

yeah it's a 2nd battle of Z...

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 21, 2014

The only cool thing about this game is that is coming to PC Very Happy. But unfortunately fighting looks like boring budokai tenkaichi style with auto-aim... I doubt it can be played without this lock-on all the time because of the way how whole game/fighting mechanics works.......... Sad

>Newfolder

In tenkaichi games if you throw your ennemy on something, his lock on stops. After, he must search you by feeling your energy or by looking around.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

awesome pc release Very Happy

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Now lets just see if they make a decent port to fully utilize the capabilities of keyboard and mouse or if they stick with the gamepad forced lockon in order to hit anything game design.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

I hope the online is cross platform

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Newfolder

In tenkaichi games if you throw your ennemy on something, his lock on stops. After, he must search you by feeling your energy or by looking around.

So what? When I fight I want freedom. I don't want to be stick to enemy, push buttons and watch. I want to fight myself.

It's the same with star wars and lightsaber - Jedi Academy is freedom, Force Unleashed is NOT Wink

Reply with quote Monday, September 22, 2014

Newfolder wrote :

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Newfolder

So what? When I fight I want freedom. I don't want to be stick to enemy, push buttons and watch. I want to fight myself.

It's the same with star wars and lightsaber - Jedi Academy is freedom, Force Unleashed is NOT Wink

And yedi academy was awesome while force unleashed was not *intense laughter*

You just described ZEQ2-lite and ultimate tenkaichi Wink

The other ones were a bit better than that.

But, without this lockon, every attacks would fail... What kind of gameplay you want. :\

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Not necessarily. What he's really trying to convey is that he wants a "shooter" where aiming is a critical focus rather than a "fighter" where the actions themselves are the primary focus. This is essentially what Earth Special Forces is going for if memory serves.

Zeth wrote :

Not necessarily. What he's really trying to convey is that he wants a "shooter" where aiming is a critical focus rather than a "fighter" where the actions themselves are the primary focus. This is essentially what Earth Special Forces is going for if memory serves.

Correct. And its only possible to have that working really well with a mouse due to the twitch aiming requirement.

You could comproise and go the rout of beatemups though with a soft lockon on the other hand.

Mmhh.. I see.. But since Dragon Ball is based on martial arts and fights, it would go against the theme to do that.. Neutral

And how would you place something when the characters are naturally faster than sounds. x)

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Mmhh.. I see.. But since Dragon Ball is based on martial arts and fights, it would go against the theme to do that.. Neutral

And how would you place something when the characters are naturally faster than sounds. x)

Really?

Imagine this if you will. A system similar to DMC. Its fast, its flashy, its almost totally mêlée based and it would not feel out of place. And DMC uses a 2 button system. Imagine what you could do with a 4 button system since you have no need to switch weapon types.

Mmhh... I think I see..

You mean Devil may cry by dmc ?

That ?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQeRRZv8YcM

I think I see know what NewFolder meant by freedom. So, like a brawler with dmc "free and manually usable" lock on style ?

I have difficulties to imagine a Dragon Ball game like that :\

Plus, if it was the "best" way to make a Dragon Ball game why hasn't it been made ?...

There's surelly something wrong with it..

Or I'm just totally lost and this has no point with the thing you two meant. x)

In any ways, it doesn't matter, it will just be too long for me to understand...

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Mmhh... I think I see..

You mean Devil may cry by dmc ?

That ?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQeRRZv8YcM

I think I see know what NewFolder meant by freedom. So, like a brawler with dmc "free and manually usable" lock on style ?

I have difficulties to imagine a Dragon Ball game like that :\

Plus, if it was the "best" way to make a Dragon Ball game why hasn't it been made ?...

There's surelly something wrong with it..

Or I'm just totally lost and this has no point with the thing you two meant. x)

In any ways, it doesn't matter, it will just be too long for me to understand...

Its quite simple really.

Dragon Ball Z games are rooted in games like street fighter. 1 on 1 arcade fighting games. They never tried anything else, because the series was always 1 on 1 fights, so it was the most logical conclusion. But that system isn't really the best if you have more than 2 people fighting each other due to the lockon requirement. Now ZEQ2-lite can pull it off because of mouse aim which is fast and precise to switch between lock ons, but consoles don't have that luxory.

So staying fatefull to the theme which is Dragon Ball Z fights were kept to 1 on 1 battles with the possibility of switching characters on the fly alla tekken tag team.

I doubt any one of them has ever even considered a different aspect for the commercial games.

The Dragon Ball Z mods on the other hand are the opposite. Based on games that were pure arena shooters, they needed to adopt that in to their design since it was essentialy talored to a multiplayer FFA playstile. Sacrificing some authenticity, you were able to fly round, while shooting kamehamehas and kiblasts instead of plasma guns and rockets.

In the first instance you get a fighter esque slower gamespeed with an indepth mêlée system that sadly falls apart once you introduce multiple people. In the second case you get masive player clusterfucks with an increased speed (due to arena shooter speed being fast and frantical) but no reall in depth mêlée system.

The solution are brawlers. They have a pretty indepth mêlée system with comboes and a lockon system that is taylored to 1 vs many playstile. However that system can easily be tweaked for a FFA playstile. Its just that mods don't have the resources to do so, and big companies don't want to stray from what's "safe".

Theory Time !

Why does computers doesn't have good games ? Why always consoles ?

There is the answer!!

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
     int Computers = 0, Consoles = 0, Gameplay = 2, Restrictions = -4, Money_For_Devs = 4, Informatic_Knowledge = 1, Result1, Result2, Result3, Result4, Result5, Result6, Result7, Result8, TotalCOM, TotalCON;

Result1 = Computers + Gameplay;
Result2 = Consoles - Gameplay;

printf("Gameplay: Computers are most appreciated for their gameplay part instead of crappy controls of the consoles.\n\nComputers = %d\nConsoles = %d\n\n", Result1, Result2);

Result3 = Computers - Informatic_Knowledge;
Result4 = Consoles + Informatic_Knowledge;

printf("Ease of use: But when consoles are simple to use, computers needs a little knowledge to be used, peoples like simple things and automatically, consoles..\n\nComputers = %d\nConsoles = %d\n\n", Result3, Result4);

Result5 = Computers + Restrictions;
Result6 = Consoles - Restrictions;

printf("Restrictions: Computer games have strict restrictions, they must be originals and be enough optimised to permit everyone to play. Consoles doesn't follow these restrictions (or it is rare).\n\nComputers = %d\nConsoles = %d\n\n", Result5, Result6);

Result7 = Computers - Money_For_Devs;
Result8 = Consoles + Money_For_Devs;

printf("Monneeeyyyyyy: Consoles only follows fashions and create the same game each years to make money (they change the title at least the game of the title), computer games must be under the restrictions to work on the market.\n\nComputers = %d\nConsoles = %d\n\n", Result7, Result8);

TotalCOM = Result1 + Result3 + Result5 + Result7;
TotalCON = Result2 + Result4 + Result6 + Result8;

printf("There is the total of all these Good/Bad points.\n\nComputers = %d\nConsoles = %d", TotalCOM, TotalCON);

//Computers = -7 Consoles = 7.

return 0;
}

(The interesting thing is written at the end of the code)

To resume, big devs are manipulating us and that's how they say thanks:

Laughing Laughing

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, they fear the "legendary" cracked versions as well, so, the differences between computers and consoles numbers would be bigger. (these numbers represent the amount of positives/negatives points for games developments on each platforms)

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 26, 2014

slam I've been checking out some videos of the beta on youtube and this game actually looks really really good. Graphic wise, gameplay wise, content wise. I'm impressed so far. Some where inside me my young Dragon Ball Z fanatical enthusiastic young child is crying tears of joy. I'm actually considering getting back into gaming again because of this game. I might get a new pc which can handle the game.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 27, 2014

Laughing Laughing Laughing

>najeeb

+1

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : slam I've been checking out some videos of the beta on youtube and this game actually looks really really good. Graphic wise, gameplay wise, content wise. I'm impressed so far. Some where inside me my young Dragon Ball Z fanatical enthusiastic young child is crying tears of joy. I'm actually considering getting back into gaming again because of this game. I might get a new pc which can handle the game.

I'll buy you one!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 28, 2014

Baldwin wrote :

TRL wrote : slam I've been checking out some videos of the beta on youtube and this game actually looks really really good. Graphic wise, gameplay wise, content wise. I'm impressed so far. Some where inside me my young Dragon Ball Z fanatical enthusiastic young child is crying tears of joy. I'm actually considering getting back into gaming again because of this game. I might get a new pc which can handle the game.

I'll buy you one!

Fur realz do?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

slam I've been checking out some videos of the beta on youtube and this game actually looks really really good. Graphic wise, gameplay wise, content wise. I'm impressed so far.

Impressed? TRL. For shame. Such low standards!

ASD View user's profile Send private message

Baldwin wrote :

I'll buy you one!

could yua buy me one as well?

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 29, 2014

yay free pc's for everyone!!!! Very Happy

GoliasBR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 29, 2014

Zeth wrote :

slam I've been checking out some videos of the beta on youtube and this game actually looks really really good. Graphic wise, gameplay wise, content wise. I'm impressed so far.

Impressed? TRL. For shame. Such low standards!

Well, I know the purpose of the Beta is to be a network test, so many assets may change until the final product, but based on what I saw:
- Graphics seems fine. Not awesome, not accurate and the custom characters seems a bit chubby, but its fine. But Goku with blue aura and Cell with a green one? These accuracy aspects are not even hard to follow. And about the attacks effects, ever since the Budokai series I never liked DIMPS` effects (mainly simple ki blast and beams) and it doesn`t seems that in this game things will be different.
- Gameplay has some interesting ideas, like having ki/attack and a defense bars separated. Still, it seems to lack in combat features, so far I didn`t see any combo (but, as I said, the purpose of the Beta was to test the network). One thing that is not yet confirmed, but it seems will be like the rumors say is that transformations must be equiped (like in the Budokai series). I don`t like this idea, but I can live with it.
- Content wise, however, this game is getting awesome, the character creator is supposed to offer more customization components (hairs, faces, etc), a lot of attacks, a lot of outfit parts. The idea of being able to create and customize your character is what really caught my attention.

So, so far, this game has a nice-but-not-accurate visual, a simple gameplay with good ideas and lack of combos and a ton of content. But many youtubers thought the game - even in this Beta stage - was fun, so I might give it a try in the future.

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]