Content

Players not showing even without errors

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hi there. Today, I wanted to work on my characters but I found that they doesn't show up anymore "in game". They appears invisible even without having any errors. Some characters I never touched/used have the same issue as well and I found that when I move files to another version/gamepack it works again.

Someone please, can tell me what's going on on my ZEQ2 ?

Windows 7 32bits
ZEQ2-lite Revolution Gold Edition

Sorry if there isn't much more informations..

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Hi there. Today, I wanted to work on my characters but I found that they doesn't show up anymore "in game". They appears invisible even without having any errors. Some characters I never touched/used have the same issue as well and I found that when I move files to another version/gamepack it works again.

Someone please, can tell me what's going on on my ZEQ2 ?

Windows 7 32bits
ZEQ2-lite Revolution Gold Edition

Sorry if there isn't much more informations..

Ram could be the problem, while I've never seen characters become invisible because of it, if I play something like RevoGold my screen goes white, random effects appear over the screen, characters become black/white entirely. I once also added too many characters to my Revolution 5 a few years ago, it resulted in constant crashing and other interesting bugs. ( I came to this conclusion since a few people have told me bugs they've gotten from the same issue which were different, this being proven when I got a new computer, my sound sometimes entirely went mute.)

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 29, 2014

>Peanut Butter Pete

Wow.. Kind of creepy.. But I don't think the ram is the cause. It worked well before, I did a pause, then when I wanted to continue, most of the characters were invisible.. Like when you don't assign a model part with an existant function..

It's really weird :\

I can work on another version but I think an answer would helps. And maybe not only me..

Reply with quote Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I can work on another version but I think an answer would helps. And maybe not only me..

Obviously, RevoGold takes a lot more ram since it has to load a lot more scripts/textures/models, those bugs I mentioned only happened with things like Gold/Revo5 not 1536 stable etc. Out of all them Gold is the most ram consuming.

>Peanut Butter Pete

I have revo gold since it's out, why now ?...

How will ZEQ2-lite have more contents if it will be more and more unstable ?

There's too much problems with that.. Is it even possible to fix that by coding ?

The only thing I can do is optimize as f*** every characters, but it takes time and I have other things to do..

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : The only thing I can do is optimize as f*** every characters, but it takes time and I have other things to do..

welcome to the world of game creation.

>grega

Never seen a game with so much constraints and limits..

I think, to be able to keep all the characters/maps from "Dragon Ball Z" in ZEQ2-lite, there should be 1 game per sagas..

There's something to complete in the code that would reduce a lot of crashes/bugs due to ressources loading and even reduce a lot the weigh of some characters, and that is partially used in ZEQ2-lite, but I couldn't find where it was written...

F*** the fact that I can't code... Evil or Very Mad

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >grega

Never seen a game with so much constraints and limits..

I think, to be able to keep all the characters/maps from "Dragon Ball Z" in ZEQ2-lite, there should be 1 game per sagas..

There's something to complete in the code that would reduce a lot of crashes/bugs due to ressources loading and even reduce a lot the weigh of some characters, and that is partially used in ZEQ2-lite, but I couldn't find where it was written...

F*** the fact that I can't code... Evil or Very Mad

Every game has constraints. Working within those constraints to produce something grand is the mark if a great game company. If you ignore those constraints, then it results in buggy/crashy games and horrible ports.

Though if Quake is anything like goldsrc, there should be an option to not load resources when the map is loading. And only load them when they are first neaded within the map itself.

But yeah optimizations are a core part of game design. Just slapping things together without optimizing them never works.

ZEQ2-lite or not, you are still working with the quake 3 engine here.

Grega wrote :
Every game has constraints.

I never said there wasn't constraints in games, I said there is so much in ZEQ2-lite. (I feel the, "so, continue the code by yourself" coming.. But I don't complain, I search solutions..) I know each games have their own constraints, the contrary would be surprising and I think, even improbable...

Though if Quake is anything like goldsrc, there should be an option to not load resources when map is loading. And only load them when they are first neaded within the map itself.

I don't think the engine is the problem (except if Quake 3 really can't handle so much ressources), it already loads ressources when first needed, that even disturb the gameplay because of the freezes it occurs when loading characters(and sometimes, attacks).

But optimizations are a core part of game design. Just slapping things together without optimizing them never works.

I think that's what happen here..

-lite or not, you are still working with the quake 3 engine here.

I know, but does it change the fact that it is ZEQ2-lite's code that need improvments and not the engine Confused

I'm a little lost into all of this, maybe my understand of the English language strikes again. Laughing

Reply with quote Friday, October 31, 2014

Yes its a code thing.

But you can also optimize it. Remove what is there just for show, and keep what is more relevant.

For example if you have 2 or 3 Gokus, then remove 2 of them and keep the one that is most relevant to the game and so on.

And yes there is a stutter when something is done for the first time in such a situation. But it only happens once.

But you can also optimize it. Remove what is there just for show, and keep what is more relevant.

For example if you have 2 or 3 Gokus, then remove 2 of them and keep the one that is most relevant to the game and so on.

Well, that's what I'm already doing on my little' project. :>

In fact, a kind of mix is even better. Exemple for Goku:

Kaioken x10 --> x20 --> SSOff --> SSOn(can be mastered Super Saiyan)

+Basic Goku moves.

It can cover gokuSaiyan until gokuCell in only one character.

In any case, I think I'll have to remake my revo gold like it was, again, or just move on f3.. Thanks for your replies.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Well, that's what I'm already doing on my little' project. :>

In fact, a kind of mix is even better. Exemple for Goku:

Kaioken x10 --> x20 --> SSOff --> SSOn(can be mastered Super Saiyan)

+Basic Goku moves.

It can cover gokuSaiyan until gokuCell in only one character.

In any case, I think I'll have to remake my revo gold like it was, again, or just move on f3.. Thanks for your replies.

RevoGold is terrible to begin with, why use it anyway? Just use 1536 or Revo5 etc.

Reply with quote Saturday, November 01, 2014

RevoGold is terrible to begin with, why use it anyway? Just use 1536 or Revo5 etc.

Because this is what I had when I began modding, since 1 year, I make addons on this gamepack. Personnally I think revo5 isn't better, folders are just a mind love and I would learn to make recolors only... With revo gold I have learned many things about quality and optimisations (more on the last because revo gold ISN'T OPTIMISED AT ALL) where I couldn't on F3 because it's more difficult to learn for a uninformed participator when quite advanced techniques are used. And what would I learn on 1536.. :\

I think with revo gold, there's more probabilities to start without recolors and to learn more than with another gamepacks. But a sure thing, more you like what you do and the universe behind, combined with a doodling BIG motivation, and the most you'll learn and make good stuff. So, it's possible to learn on every gamepacks.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]