Content

Boost Animation(Hair Animation): Function(TAB)

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hey Guys,

In ZEQ2 F3 or in the mods, The Boost Animation of the Hair (when you press "TAB" generally) comes from ANIMATION.CFG/Transformation/Trans UP

But in ZEQ2 Official comes from Animation.CFG/Ki/Charge

Question: Is there Anyway to change that? I want the BOOST ANIMATION comes from ANIMATION.CFG/Transformation/Trans UP

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, October 20, 2014

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : Hey Guys,

In ZEQ2 F3 or in the mods, The Boost Animation of the Hair (when you press "TAB" generally) comes from ANIMATION.CFG/Transformation/Trans UP

But in ZEQ2 Official comes from Animation.CFG/Ki/Charge

Question: Is there Anyway to change that? I want the BOOST ANIMATION comes from ANIMATION.CFG/Transformation/Trans UP

That's something that would have to be changed in the code itself, there's no external setting that can be reconfigured.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong part of the code, it would be in the following lines:

} else if ( ANIM_KI_CHARGE == torsoAnimNum ) {
CG_RunLerpFrame( ci, &cent->pe.head, ANIM_TRANS_UP, speedScale, qfalse );

Line 1025 and 1026 of cg_players.c in the CGame folder of the Source directory.

There's a few other lines near it that also have the same setting of "ANIM_TRANS_UP", but it's easy enough to change those too if that's what you need to do.

Reply with quote Monday, October 20, 2014

I have no Idea how to Edit the Code.

Can you send me a link of a Video that how can I edit such a thing? I mean "how to open or edit the code"

I can learn editing the code but I just don't know how to Open the Source Code of ZEQ2

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 21, 2014

If you're not sure how to work with the code, a video's not really going to help you out much...

You have to learn and understand the code and how it works at least a little before tinkering with it.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Does this folder contains the tools to edit the code ? : http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Source/Tools/

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Does this folder contains the tools to edit the code ? : http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Source/Tools/

No, the only "tools" that you would need, are the compile.bat file that is in the "Source" folder, and a text editor of some kind(preferably more advanced than just Notepad or Wordpad).

I personally use "Notepad++" because it's free, and has a bunch of useful features that make programming a little easier for at least some basic level coding.

Once you've made changes to the .c and .h files in the Game, CGame, and UI folders, then you use the compile.bat file in the "Source" folder to compile the engine, and it will - provided you have the same folder structures setup as the SVN - automatically replace the appropriate files to apply the changes to your version of the engine.

Wow, that's the first time I hear coding with notepad. *intense laughter*
I usualy use CodeBlocks to "write"/edit scripts.

I know notepad++, I like how it render texts.

Shenku wrote : If you're not sure how to work with the code, a video's not really going to help you out much...

You have to learn and understand the code and how it works at least a little before tinkering with it.

no, *intense laughter* I can learn editing by myself. don't worry, I have a brother who can code. I just want to know how to OPEN the source code of ZEQ2. or what tools should I use, etc

EDIT: oh, so the codes are in the Source/Game . I can edit them in notepad and make them as a one file such as cgame.qvm?

I just Learned something here http://lvlworld.com/thread/25/0

when you edited the .c file and compile it to the game source code, the changes will be done, is it like that?

but can you open the .qvm file?

Reply with quote Monday, October 27, 2014

How much do you understand the code actually ? On my side I may have partially understood few lines here and there. But seems like it will be hard to modify the whole thing without creating more errors..

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DBZkrisfhugz wrote :
when you edited the .c file and compile it to the game source code, the changes will be done, is it like that?

Basically, yes.

but can you open the .qvm file?

No, you don't and shouldn't be messing with the .qvm file directly at all. That's all handled through the compiler, and any changes you want to make to the .qvm file should be done through the .c and .h source files directly, then compiled to apply your changes.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

(preferably more advanced than just Notepad or Wordpad).

Wow, that's the first time I hear coding with notepad. *intense laughter*

Actually, notepad is exactly what I used for the longest time for coding in any language. Pretty sure that's all I used throughout ZEQ2-lite as well. These days, I use a simplified Scite, but it's still just a simple text editor (as opposed to a full IDE).

I really liked the Camera Codes in your Updated ZEQ2,

But it has a bug when you turn off the FreeLook mode, it just do Zanokzen when you move the Mouse.

I wanted to give only the Camera Codes in ZEQ2 F3,.. can you send me the Code? Wink if it's okay with you

Reply with quote Monday, November 03, 2014

Dave did the updated camera in recent revisions.
Source is all on the SVN as it always has been.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I thought, You and Shenku are the only guys who is Working in ZEQ2 .. hmmm ...

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I thought, You and Shenku are the only guys who is Working in ZEQ2 .. hmmm ..

Various contributors have taken part in ZEQ2-lite. I've not touched it years. Shenku, to my knowledge, has not done any coding on ZEQ2-lite, but has dabbled with its assets ported over to Unreal 4.

ZEQ2 and ZEQ2-lite are not the same project.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]