Content

ZEQ2-Lite Fukkatsu no F

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yeah, bored, going to make some characters

Random question, has anyone ever achieved the third style of character shading for zeq2lite?

the 3 shader style, wish at least zeq2lite ingame characters could look like nostals Rock Band 3 fanwish Embarassed

woah, zeq12lite svn is better than before

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

yeees, that would be NELLO

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dragon Ball Z (and most anime) cinematography have the levels of shading/detail change based on the camera focus, distance, rotation, etc. Sometimes the characters will use flat shading, other times 2 steps, and yet even other times 3 or 4 steps in the band when up close. An actual accurate Dragon Ball Z rendering style (which hasn't been done yet commercially) would take all this into account. Otherwise, it's just an approximation.

Also, in terms of overall appearance with light/camera changes considered, 3 shading bands is different than 2 shading bands and a persistent (or specular) rim -- which is what I suspect they used here. You can still use a 3 step shading band texture to simulate the effect in ZEQ2-lite at SOME angles; however, it won't remain fixed to give the same illusion. This is a trivial fix if you have GPU shader capabilities.

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 15, 2015

okay thanks Zeth but I get you're point I was just talking about remaking the real anime feel for zeq2lite but since nello and anty are doing it and the anime doesn't have a standard shading technique its okay, all my questions have been answered

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]