Content

<<  1, 2, 3

Fist Of Ki

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 26, 2015

I don't care about how good is the model. sigh why people so focus on this??

what we need is how logically and real is the gameplay, that's all depends on the codes. a good game maker. Not an good artist who designs, ELABORATELY DESIGNED MINT CONDITION ACTION FIGURINE FULL PLAYSET bla.

why... why these people focus on MODEL? *scratching my head*
Gameplay dudes, Gameplay, focus on Gameplays...

with physics, logic and realistic.

After AAAALL that. Go the the models.. Why everyone goes to the model first?? WHAT IN THE WORLD WHAT'S WRONG WITH you PEOPLE

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 27, 2015

So the goal is to get an object from point a to point b in a specific amount of time? Are we allowed to modify the mass of the object? What about density? Can we utilize chemical reactions? Can propulsion systems be used? What about fundamental mechanics (I.e : pulleys)? Do we have to be constrained to Earth's standard gravity or can we augment that too? Do we have to assume the pedantic laws of physics in this universe or can applicable string theory variants apply?

You limit yourself and overall viability because you are constraining the data/scenario.
Be divergent.

Yes. No, only two object, one of 1kg, another one of 1000kg. No, density interact with it's weight. No, instructions given already. No, instructions given already. No, instructions given already. Yes, Earth standard gravity obviously. Most realistic physics, no changes.

Everything has been told in the instructions, nothing more, nothing less, no changes.

There already are machines that are roughly the size of a human arm that can already do this. Completely ignoring all the modern exoskeleton tech out there, a relatively sized forklift can do the same.

I don't think it can lift a 1000kg object really high in only a little second. Except if you add a 1000hp engine in extension, but it would go out of the instructions.

Please. Elaborate. Why don't you explain why the speed of light is the upper bounds of velocity? Why don't you explain how spatial displacement has no relationship on distance equations? When you confine your scenario enough, you can make it fit any answer. That's a far cry from simply defining a abstracted problem and then coming to terms with a hundred equally viable solutions.

Light is composed of photons, which doesn't have mass, so, no gravity effects or resistance.

In every locations, a told distance represents still the same. But the speed, direction and resistance can be affected. Example: Reflection/refraction phenomenon.

As far as I know, this problem of "speed of light" problem cannot be solved. Except if you transform yourself into an entity with no mass or make same with your vehicle that you won't be able to touch again because of it being composed of energy, or becoming non existent.

(I'm quite impressed of how a Dragon Ball game discussion can bring this kind of topics)

Define "thinking". Can a program be designed to simulate choices and make decisions to simulate human behaviour? Absolutely. Can it be designed to even simulate brain synapses naturally? Sure. What exactly are you applying a limitation to?

Thinking means thinking. Coming from a french expressing himself in basic English, I don't think it means something else..

In the theory, it is possible. But do you find this kind of project useful to the human kind ? Replace us with non alive and non natural copies of ourselves ? You try to makes me prove I'm wrong by searching the little thing but are you just realizing what you are saying ? Tell me which planet you come from to think that ?

Oh. I didn't realize you were such a talented computer programmer and systems designer. Please, why don't you tell me specifically, in technical terms, why this isn't possible -- despite that I, as an actual coder, have told you that it is.

If you have an opinion and want it to be weighted in a discussion, it needs to be substantiated by facts, skillsets, and a general experience. If you have zero knowledge about a subject, you probably shouldn't try to engage in a discussion at all.

You are so much tinkled off of this discussion that you are not even reading anymore.. Before insulting me (seems like I tickled you a bit too much), just read this part again and find where I said it was improbable..

I said worst in efficiency and lacking in identifiable function.

Popular culture and media have propagated the idea that humans are these aggrandized beings that are so unique that CLEARLY some aspects of their existence must pertain solely to them. The concepts of a soul, emotion beyond explanation/recognition, and other mannerisms are simply forms of romanticized (and oft archaic) traditionalisms. Embellishments to establish elitism. Removing the concepts of those aspects doesn't make you robotic or inhuman. You can still feel love, hope, joy, rage, and so forth without treating them like some kind of inexplicable, mystical force.

This is history echoed again and again. It's the understanding and spreading of knowledge within a culture within an era. It's more than just science and technology. It's about philosophy, interpretation, and coming to terms with the design of life and existence as a whole.

Know that I'm the first dislike the human kind for many things they made and are still doing. I have always been of the point of view of nature. I'm one of these depressive, hating, cynical, bastards and weird minded peoples love so much.

But since I'm part of this species, I'm appealed by some other things without which I would have no reasons of surviving.

I don't really want to get in this topic since it would involve into an opposition of Science/immutable belief/Nature that might not please everyone.. We have gotten too much far from the initial topic already, I propose it to end here....

>kris

You already know the answer Kris.

Of course gameplay is important. But that doesn't mean other tasks should be neglected.

In global games development, coding is harder than modelling/painting etc... That's maybe why the quality of the characters/environment is more pushed than the code. (more true on ZEQ2-lite since character making is simplified but the way to code is still the same).

I don't really learn

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Why not let machines make new medicines, managing political things, even make future technologies at our place ?!

Because we still didn't come to that level of technology (at least known in the press albeit known to us). Once we do, still nothing will change because there are different things that influence all this

Money at most. Medical companies are known for being money thirsty. They have monopol's and because of it some cures will never see light. Which is logical but selfish. "Why cure a man and lose his money pouring into us"

It's same in political world. As long as this world spins around capitalism there won't be big changes in departments that earn lots of money (medical, raw oils, politics....)

Mortality - How do you think world will function if people start to live for 500 years (recent idea/"discovery" of a scientist - google it). You'll end up with people having grand x10 sons/daughters and population would boom

Then comes food spread. Even today we have problems in feeding every mouth on this planet. that's why you have geneticly modified foods (which are actually good - don't believe in media propaganda). Food that can grow fast and feed us.

In conclusion. You as a human are still someone's creation (be it god, aliens or nature). Some process happened that made you the way you are. You didn't become like this over night from thin air. Same is with machines but faster.

Well for the sake of all you already have softwares on your PC that collects data/ learns from your actions and behaves in your best interest.

Edit: okay.. As I advised in my previous post, I think we should stop with this discussion that went way too far.

It became a debate of who can shut the other's mouth and that's totally idiotic..

Please just forget my involvement in it..

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : I don't care about how good is the model. sigh why people so focus on this??

There are several artists who don't always have the ability to program everything they want to do. They need a jumping off point, and visuals (of every variety, not just 3D) help others see what their vision should be.

There are also situations where the programmers are ready to work on features, but want ready-to-go assets to work with.

Plenty of reasons to focus on that aspect. You do what you know how, and either learn along the way or hope to pick up some help that can fill in the gaps in your skillset.

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : what we need is how logically and real is the gameplay, that's all depends on the codes. a good game maker. Not an good artist who designs, ELABORATELY DESIGNED MINT CONDITION ACTION FIGURINE FULL PLAYSET bla.

A lot of programmers looking at a project hoping to help might pass, or they might look at the "MINT CONDITION FIGURINE FULL PLAYSET" and decide that the dedication and detail involved merit more than a passing glance and a discard.

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : with physics, logic and realistic.

Sometimes you need the art assets in place for this. Are you doing realistic clothing physics? If so, don't you need something to test with?

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : After AAAALL that. Go the the models.. Why everyone goes to the model first?? WHAT IN THE WORLD WHAT'S WRONG WITH you PEOPLE

In the first place, it was Qwerty who posted the thread here, it's not like they posted here looking for crits and critiques. He just kind of does that, and I'll admit I'm not a fan when he does, but if it's out there I guess it's out there and there's no stopping him. Still, perhaps they didn't intend to show anything here until they had more of the things you're criticizing them for lacking, but still needed a public outlet to recruit helpers by.

And there's nothing wrong with taking the approaches they take. When you simply can't do it all, you do what you're good at. It's better than doing nothing, even if it's not the progress you always want.

[quote="Skatter"]

>Skatter

I didn't meant about "not having a model" in the first place.
of course you need them to test with the program.

what I just want to say is you don't have to finalize the model. We could just use a "SIMPLE MODEL/MESH" while "TESTING" the gameplay.

Like just USING this Mesh:

you don't have to make some awesome model to test the gameplay.. just like this one

For Cloth animations.. oh come on, that would be easy. the game engine will do it.

But it's okay, I understand you, some game makers are not really programers.. game engine UE4 is not just for programmers, anyone can use it.

Even SSB's Polygon fighters would be enough for tests. Laughing

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Even SSB's Polygon fighters would be enough for tests. :*laughing out loud*:

It totally depends on what you're testing. The guy was ripping on them for not going for tons of features, so depending on what features you want, you might need more than polygon fighters.

Of course, if there is a need of "physics simulations" on models, (wind effects on tissues or BEAUTIFUL ROUNDISH BOUNCING PARTS Very Happy (doa Wink)) yeah it needs better models.

If it's just for testing basic anims sets or an animations implementation scripts. Polygon fighters are here! Very Happy

aipash View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 30, 2015

I think some people are forgetting that while the programmers and level designers are working their bugs and game play issues out, there are a couple artists doing work at the same time. If an artists gets a near finished character game ready, why not use said character for tests? - Functionality tests, UI tests, materials tests. Go for it!

It's not just one guy saying " oh well forget the game play today, I think ill go make some nice models now" it's just not. Frankly I find it refreshing to see early on shots that aren't just engine brushes with checkered maps on them. Maybe that's just me. Idea

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 31, 2015

so I checked out makehuman , and as I suspected , this guy who mentioned it has no knowledge about 3D modeling what so ever . It took me 10 minutes to fully understand the software , its extremely basic , its just like saints row's character creator except gives us more power over the little details , while its good enough for games using generic models , its utter stuff for games of high quality and games that need diverse characters or detailed characters .though it could serve as a foundation to other models , the exporting tools are great for this software I'll give it credit there , but its nowhere near what an artist can do on its own .

Rest assured one CANNOT make that cell in makehuman ashlee *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"the one who mentioned make human doesn't know anything about knowledge of 3D model" ?

excuse me?

yes you can make characters with that by editing them in Blender. Are you f^king ret@rted.

before insulting me..

check my works.

http://www.moddb.com/members/dbzkrisfhugz

aipash View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 09, 2015

Let's call it what it is here, makehuman is a base-mesh creator for more artist people on a tight deadline (or a cop-out). Or - a crowd creator for backgrounds that really don't need as much attention as important characters.

I personally use z-spheres for base meshes, it takes no time at all if you know what you want. You guys need to stop insulting each other, or flying off the deep end when someone calls you out. Get over it, and lets get back to some constructive criticism shall we? Cool

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 03, 2015

Small update

We’re still working at it guys, we haven’t gone anywhere. Some of us are in middle of finals for school, job change etc etc. But we are still working on it!

Paolo is re-working the multiplayer as we were still hitting snags with the steam API not connecting us to Match Making servers, let alone allowing us to see servers in our lobby. We can connect to each other through direct IP so far, but still trouble shooting as to why not seeing the server in the lobby. Baby Steps!

Ashlee is still working on cell for us! Its coming along very nicely don’t you think?

We’re also in the process tiding up our mêlée system as well, mainly the bugs like not registering a hit, not hitting at all, going off in the wrong direction etc etc.

source

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 06, 2015

interesting, your Dragon Ball Z mod is hyperrealistic more like next gen Dragon Ball Z (ue4) Smile looking good

Reply with quote Sunday, May 10, 2015

Collisions problems.. I know that well.. 'Very Happy

<<  1, 2, 3

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]