Content

Chat box/irc on the forum page

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Heya!

I was wondering. Wouldn't it be better to move the chat box/irc on the forum's main page ? (at the top or at the bottom of it)

It would be more used than it is actually.

And maybe setting up a poll system as well, for this kind of threads. :\

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Polls exist as a feature, but were specifically disabled on the 2005 message boards (which these are based on). You can dig through the previous forum incarnation to find out more on that.

The IRC channel is largely legacy at this point. Could it be reutilized/repurposed? Sure, but at the time being bringing additional focus to an empty channel would not provide much.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Well, few channels like:

- Development: one for each projects seems logical. They would regroup members working/discussing on updates (every aspects of the development mingled), and/or concepts approached in the design category of the forum.

- SVN: for discussions concerning the svn's content and management.

- General: for random discussions between members.

- Help: for more or less experienced members who need help with something (note: RELATED TO THE PROJECT!)

That's all what comes to my mind at the moment.

As for the authentication, for the general, the account of a full member (registered since an X period of time) would be enough I think, for the development and svn, maybe a privilege would be needed to avoid disturbing events..

That would surely help develop a communication and ties between the members and recenter the overall on the project a bit.

It would even makes the forum page a bit more joyful and the current chat a bit less abandoned too. *intense laughter*

Edit: maybe a bot will be necessary (wordfilter (if possible not the forum's) and anti-spam)

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

IRC isn't really suited for a multi-topic/channel environment with an overarching grouped theme. Something like Slack might be more what you are looking for, but it has its own limitations with non-user public access.

It sounds like you want some kind of deeply integrated realtime communication between members of the community and/or developers. This has been discussed many times over the last decade. It would have been a good initiative during ZEQ2's hayday back in '06; however, your suggestions are a bit past their usefullness with the current iteration of the project.

ZEQ2-lite's project and community status are more of a public park than a carnival. A park has an occasional caretaker to make sure the place is clean and not destroyed, but the latter has an entire crew striving for quality control, maintenance, user experience, and improvements overall.

If a web developer or team of engineers/artists want to step forward, unify, and take things farther, so be it, but you can't expect a janitor to build you a roller coaster.
That's entirely in your hands.

Unfortunately, I was too young in 2006 ( 8 ) and didn't even know about the existence of such things as ZEQ2 at this time. If I stayed here this whole time, it's because the concepts really seduced me. What you call ZEQ2 is for many a dream coming true (I even saw this kind of feedbacks on ZEQ2-Lite as well, despite it's far incomplete state). In all of it's aspects and concepts, this project is what every anime/manga fans searched and dreamed for years and even decades. At first, appealing future developers and some fans during it's development phase, then all the rest once finished.

It's goal may be hard to reach, but it's not improbable. I'm not giving up on this, it's the challenge, I want to see this day coming. As an anime fan, a gamer and a fanatic of computer science.

I may be late for the old iteration and all what happened during this great period, but ZEQ2 isn't dead as far as I know. Before it gets resumed, I will wait on ZEQ2-Lite and my unity "project".

It's still too bad that ZEQ2-Lite is being intentionally left to rot like that.. Revolting..

Reply with quote Sunday, July 05, 2015

Mmh.. I still think it could help. Even if not all of that can be done. A general channel putted on the forum page, to keep a minimum of communication between the members, would be useful to the project (whatever importance it has) and the members. It worth a try.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]