Content

Manga recommendations

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 16, 2015

List of mangas that I and others should recommend to each other here, so go check them out Razz

1. 20th CB: epic thriller which set in different timelines

2. Vinland Saga: a great Viking series. Voyage to Vinland!

3. Sanctuary: crime, seinen: art is stunning (from the creator of Fist of the north star).

4. Slam Dunk: what can I say? Best sports manga Smile

5.REAL: Seinen, centred around 3 characters, its theme is wheelchair basketball, tragedy (Creator of Slam Dunk and Vagabond)

6. Lone Wolf and Cub (this was an experience, great revenge tale).

7. JJBA (enough said)

8. Historie: story set around the time of King Phillip ii/Alexander the great, main protagonist is Eumenes (future general of Alexander).

9: My hero academia: a cool shonen with a cool unique setting.

10: Berserk (it's coming back in a couple of weeks time). Vagabond is on hiatus at this moment of time (since Inoue is continuing with REAL).

11: GTO (awesome series)

12: Kingdom: set in the warring period of ancient China (Qi, Wei, Qin, Yan, Chu, Zhao and Han) two orphans set out to become a 'great general under the heavens'. Love this series, it has some great battles with good use of strategy, females characters are actually useful, great politics and the idea of 'conquering China' is very conflicting, use of economics regarding trading/money are all themes that are being executed in this series (coups are prevalent). Highly recommend this series.

13. Kinnikuman/Kinnikuman Nisei: an awesome wrestling series, classical as well.

14. Giant Killing: Football series which it's MC is a football coach (quite rare for a sports manga ).

15. Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa

16: Kokou No Hito

17. Eden it's an endless world

18. Blame

19. Pluto

20. Phoenix/Black Jack/ Adolf ni Tsugu (Tezuka)

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

What do you think of GTR (Great Transporter Ryuji) ? It's an awesome one. Smile

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

What do you think about Blue Exorcist? In my opinion it's a good one.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Some titles on there I haven't seen, I'll have to check some of them out.

I have only read a handful of Manga, but the ones I can recommend are

********** ** *** ****: Can't describe this one much, perhaps too mature for most of you... Suffice to say there's zombies, and perhaps too much fan-service for those of you under 18... If you know how to work Google, you can probably figure out which one I'm talking about, but I'm not responsible for what you get caught reading by your parents...

Mx0: Non-magic user gets dragged into and forced to attend a magic highschool, but has to hide the fact that he can't actually use magic. Lots of shenanigans ensue, I don't think there were very many volumes in it where I wasn't laughing. A little short though in my opinion.

Love Hina: What can I say, I actually enjoyed the manga, lots of comedy, and a decent length, it kept me reading for weeks.

AKB49: Story follows Minoru, a highschool aged boy who inadvertently gets forced into the Japanese Idol world while attending an audition event to get into AKB48 (a real and popular idol group in Japan, if you didn't already know) dressed up as "Minori" to try and help the girl he has a crush on. Lots of humor, but also some deep character development. A little "shallow" and predictable in terms of story telling at times, but overall pretty decent.

There were a bunch of others that I've read over the years, but I can't remember all their names...

As far as non-manga comics, if you like mad scientists or "steampunk", I'd say go check out Girl Genius, it's one of my favorites that I've found online. Lots of quirky humor, decent artwork, and the story is rather entertaining.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]