Content

Fatigue/current

Zatox101 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 21, 2015

hey guys!

I need some help oratleast advise.
ZEQ2 is balnaced around fatigue a system that alows you to have limitless ki.
I would like to have a some sort of mana system.
like for example a kamehameha will take about 14043 power I fixed it by putting like this cost{ maximum = 14043 but that has horrible effects on the hud.
and beside I don't want to take away your total porwelevel but rather the current.
can someone please help me to solve this problem.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

"Maximum" seems to cause glitches, you should use percentages ("powerlevel = ") instead.

powerlevel = ? (percentage of ki used when fully charged, 14000 is around 35% I think)
chargeReadyPct = ? (percentage of ki at which the attack can be fired)
chargeTime = ? (time for the attack to be fully charged)

I think it's all you need in this case.

you miss understood for what I ment.
what I want is that for example a kamehameha will drain the blue barr instead of adding fatigue(orangebar)

I'm working on a gamepack which will not be all about adding characters and make the game work unstable.
I aim to change the game play to fit the Dragon Ball Z console games style.
ZEQ2 "as it is now" spamm and mêlée couse you can't use both in a fight since ki attacks 1 shot which is easy to solve and I already found a stable settup.but still fatigue is your defence and attack once you shoot a ki blast it will scruw you up when you want to fight mêlée.so I think more fitting and enjoyable would be that mêlée is always at max potential and ki attacks will take a surten amount of your powerCurrent. so you can shoot ki attacks but you need to boost your current
kind of like how boedokai works

There is 3 (in the 1536) layers/bars for the HUD. The ki/fatigue (dark/light blue), the powerLevelCurrent (light blue/string, it can be affected by chargin/lowering the powerlevel with f+a/f+d) and the stamina (orange/red).

I now guess you want to lower the plCurrent with the skill charging ? As far as I know (I could be wrong, as I often am), this is not possible anymore. However, the revision 859 (public beta 1) had this feature.

After, if you want it on another revision, you will have to import this system on your own.. Still you can ask things to the more experienced users, we will be gladly help you (as far as we can answer). Smile

Edit: I'm also currently modifying the hud of the latest revisions, and might tinker with it's mechanic side. :p

ooh that's a pitty.
I think I will just make a new script and force the source code to be changed into what I want however that most likely will not be working on the ZEQ2 stable but more like a stand alone which is not my intend

however I just realize the statement Current is on tiers so it sould be working on the skils as well is there a list of some sort that has all the statements in ZEQ2?

You can make it as an amovible content (pk3), which will override the datas but not touch anything of the build. (cf: some addons)

As for the tier configuration, it relates to the global stats of the character, not specific things like the attacks, so, basically not the same thing.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Zatox101 wrote :
however I just realize the statement Current is on tiers so it sould be working on the skils as well is there a list of some sort that has all the statements in ZEQ2?

To my knowledge, there is no concise "list" of all the statements, so you'd have to actually go into the code and look most of them up. Most likely from the header files where the variables are declared, which is as close to a list as there is I think. But it would at least give you an idea of what to look for.

Personally, I agree with you about wanting the powerlevel itself to go down when using something like a Kamehameha, since intrinsically in the anime that's sorta what happened afterword. Powerlevel rises when charging, and drops after it's been fired. Most notable instance being Goku's over-charged Instant Transmission Kamehameha versus Cell. He poured most of his energy into that attack, and his powerlevel dropped like a stone afterword, leaving him no longer able to keep up with Cell.

Although it's true it fatigued him too, but he spent Ki on that attack that he wasn't able to simply catch his breath and recover from so quickly, hence him still asking for a Sensu Bean pre-Cell Jr.s when he realized Gohan was struggling with Cell, even though he'd been able to rest for a long enough time to catch his breath and regain some of his energy back. So really, it should be draining both the Powerlevel Current, AND the Fatigue bars, not just one or the other, and personally, Fatigue should take a LOT longer to recover (at least a few full minutes), judging by Goku during that portion of the Cell Games. As the revisions stand currently, it recovers in seconds if you power down, revert to tier 1, and stop flying to land, and stop moving, which is WAY too fast.

So with all of that being said, technically, your idea doesn't need to be put into a stand alone mod, it could be incorporated into the main development builds if you want, since the system needs some tweaks anyways.

My suggestion, figure out where the costs are applied, and clarify them a bit in the code and for the .phys files. Make it so there's a fatigue cost, and a powerlevel cost, and have them able to be set individually from the .phys files, preferably still as percentages, because I believe that hard numbers don't work very well with the way the powerlevel system is coded in order to break the 32767 number cap.

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I'm actually parsing the full code of the 1916, I will maybe come accross certain things that can interest people (life/ki management, skills etc...)

For the keywords, the tierdefault.cfg lists every of it's category (and of it's revision). The grfx/phys are partially listed in the learning forum. As for the particles, a full pdf is also available in the learning forum.

Don't hesitate to visit it.

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I will see what I can do with a frend.
both we can probaly fix a lot mainly him.

the cost system in ZEQ2 makes no sence anyways there are servial scipts that lead to 1 thing I will defently simplefy that

/!\ ZEQ2 ≠ ZEQ2-Lite /!\

Inform yourself about both.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]