Content

<<  1, 2, 3

[Radiant] Mapping

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you, my project is working, I'm progressing. The textures made of 3ds max and with the shader scripts works.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 13, 2015

Great! Don't hesitate posting some medias showing your works, in an adapted thread of course. And good luck!

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 27, 2016

There's a lost step about the shader scripts using 3ds Max(I think that some people that are starting to create a map, they have a problem about this):

1. In 3ds Max, you have to go in "Material Editor" and press in "Blinn Basics Parameters> Difuse: (a black button)">>

2. Double click to "Bitmap">>

3. Choose any image as you want(I recommend that the image has to stay in ZEQ2Contents/maps/"nameasyoulike for the image of the model")>>

4. okay, you've the image in the Material Editor(as you see in the first ball of Material Editor)

5. Hold down the left mouse button to the image(the ball that appears in Material Editor) and put it to the model(the white sphere).

You can use the you and V in the coordinates of Material Editor to manipulate the texture.

6. Export it as .ASE as the tutorial of MDave says and I recommend you save it in ZEQ2Contents/maps folder.

7. Look the .ASE that you've exported, open as Notepad:

8. Change the name of MATERIAL_NAME and save the shader script text as .shader:

9. Check in Netradiant putting the "misc_model"(a model that you've in maps/nameofthemodel.ASE) in the map(as the tutorial of MDave says) and look the results.

I hope that someone has understood.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 28, 2016

Heyyy you have to name the texture in 3ds max the samething as the shader.

So change the name in 3ds max to stone (its case sensitive) it should work

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 29, 2016

>Everyone

First post updated with a video adaptation of the tutorial.

Might be updated to a better/clearer version.

<<  1, 2, 3

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]