Content

Can I make those types/ideas of the map and model?

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 22, 2016

I'm giving an examples: make a map of Makai World,

make a character of any from Yu Yu Hakusho(Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei), make a map of school(my school or other school of my environment) for ZEQ2-Lite

Those ideas that I want to make, are bad ideas?
What do you think? What do you opine?

EDIT:
About the Makai map, I apply my idea, a cave of Sensui from his dimension hole of Makai World.

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

I don't see why you couldn't do what you want to do. You may need to get in touch with someone like Baldwin, who learned the ins and outs of mapping for ZEQ2-Lite, to help you with any questions you might have.

As for whether it's a good idea or not... there is a rainbow Piccolo addon somewhere on this forum. Your idea is at the very least creative, and if it'll help you learn and grow, why not go for it?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

All sound like interesting map goals to me. Go for it.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 23, 2016

ZEQ2-Lite does have Dragon Ball Z as main theme, but it is supposed to be a learning tool -- thus giving you a certain liberty of actions. Proof with certain adds-on/packs.

Reply with quote Friday, February 26, 2016

I'm back Very Happy , I look that all are saying that I've to go for it. Well, I'm doing the Makai map.

There's a problem about the cone exported from 3ds max, the shader script of this model runs correctly, but when I'm checking the map in Netradiant(I'm saying that I'm building as .bsp and run the game with this map), the game kicks me of the map and I can't look the map in game. I tested to create a cone in Netradiant and when I use it to run the game, it doesn't cause the problem. Maybe that it is the problem of cone of 3ds max has many polygons? I tried to reduce his polygons and I don't why I'm causing this issue.
I'm using the cone for the palms of Makai, those plataforms that you see in the images(at first post, those images that you see the red sky and the forest).

Reply with quote Friday, February 26, 2016

Any screen of the said cone ? Not sure if the exporter divides 3DSMax's quads into triangles -- probable issue ? Would be preferable to continue this discussion on Discord for efficiency reasons.

Edit & answer: The exporter did a good job on that part. The issue was residing in the resolution of a texture.

Remember! A texture's resolution should be a power of 2 -- e.I, 32x32, 64x64, 512x512, 1024x1024 etc... Don't exaggerate though.

Reply with quote Friday, March 25, 2016

Making a test with the trees:

Making more than 60 trees...:

8 minutes later...

-_-'

Netradiant executes to build the .bsp for 8 minutes or more to this map, because of the models that are in the map, after of the build of .bsp, the map file has 55MB or more than the ZEQ2 Official/Addon maps(I saw that his maps are like 20MB). So I was thinking that how I make a huge forest and if it's possible that there's other tree model that doesn't have many triangles like the trees that I'm doing.

Reply with quote Sunday, March 27, 2016

Compare both Desert and your map. Look for entities and model properties (polys inter alia).

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Compare both Desert and your map. Look for entities and model properties (polys inter alia).

The entities aren't the problem. The model properties (polys inter alia)... I don't know what do you want to mean. Are you referring to the polys of a model in 3ds max?
I compared the Desert and I don't see the difference, the Desert doesn't have trees or models that they're similar to the trees...

It was just for getting some info. The only most active individuals that could likely have the answer to this issue would be Zhane, Brad or David. Can't help you furthermore as I never experienced much on this program and this problem hasn't happened to me yet. Just a last thing though, did you try another paste/duplicate technique ?

I tried to duplicate before. Duplicating the model, it duplicates the number of polys, too. More time of creating the map when it's building in .bsp

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]