Content

Mouse Problem

Neptune View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 16, 2016

So I updated to windows 10, but when I went to play ZEQ2 I came to a realization that when I got into the main menu, My mouse was not working properly. My mouse could only move up, down left right. When I tried to move it, the cursor would disapear and go to its next designated position, yes after testing it I found out that the cursor only went to certain places doesn't matter if I went up or down left or right it had some type of... (lets call it stations) station there. Hope you guys know what I'm talking about I tried my best to explain! I tried going to the settings. But, there was no station there that would correctly stop on setup for me to click.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 16, 2016

I only just got a new laptop with Windows 10 like two weeks ago, and hadn't tried running ZEQ2-Lite on it before now, but I seem to have gotten the same issue, so this does indeed seem to be a problem specific to Windows 10, so it's not just you.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the engine's age caught up with it and made it obsolete in modern OS's... Not sure how or if there is a way to fix it without some dedicated soul diving into the code and fixing it out of the goodness in their heart... In the mean time, moving this to the Bugs section.

Edit: To clarify the issue as it appeared for me, it seemed like the calibration for the mouse was being incorrectly interpreted by the engine. Moving the mouse to the right goes right, but moving left goes up and to the left, as just one example. My guess is, the engine's handling of the mouse input is conflicting with how Windows 10 handles mouse input, but that's only a very rough uneducated guess...

Edit 2: Forgot to mention, tried running a local server match, and the engine was running very sluggishly for some reason, which might be related, or could be something else entirely...

Regardless, for the moment at least, I suggest not attempting to run ZEQ2-Lite on Windows 10 until it either gets fixed (Not likely, unless Wh1t34Gl3 decides to mess with that), or you're attempting to fix it yourself.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Which revision were you two running ?

I assume with the given information that Windows 10 handles input interfaces differently than your builds' SDL lib ? Not sure I can act at such a low level, but I can still give it a try...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Which revision were you two running ?

I assume with the given information that Windows 10 handles input interfaces differently than your builds' SDL lib ? Not sure I can act at such a low level, but I can still give it a try...

I was testing with the stable revision, but I'm willing to bet the head revision would have the same issue.

It's very probable, indeed. Not sure when exactly these standards -- if they are -- were established. Also, latest changes to the SDL folder were made in 2012.

I have downloaded the latest version of SDL and am starting to study both hierarchies/sources; hoping for a compatibility. Still keep us in touch of the results with the latest revision, if you don't mind.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Odd. Everything seems fine here. Not having any of the reported issues on Windows 10 with 869 or 1536 (granted nothing has really changed with the mouse handling input in any revision to my knowledge).

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hmm... It would probably have been easier if was related to just a missing handling. I'm even more confused now...

Neptune View user's profile Send private message

Yeah, I tried out installing it on my laptop which is windows 10 too, ZEQ2 worked fine Exclamation Question

Odd, indeed... Dealing with invisible/illogical issues at this level is way over my actual competences. I can only leave it up to more experienced coders, if they will to investigate.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]