Content

Stop deleting threads.

JustAGuy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 13, 2016

I understand that you don't agree with my views. But stop deleting my posts on this forum. It isn't spam, and it isn't untrue. It is posted in the proper place. It may not be something you want to here, but it something I want voiced to this community.

A lot of people agree with me. If you don't like it ignore it. Stop trying to white wash your image. Criticism is needed. I'm going to repost my original post in its entirety now. If it gets deleted, I'll post my opinion to youtube and make it personal by appearing in it myself.

[5/12/16, 4:51:51 PM] Tristan.47.Shaolin: Recently, I posted an "The end of ZEQ2" in the "Free Forum" -- a section dedicated to topics off development, as it states in its on description. It's been the policy of this forum, anytime someone talks about something that they do not like ( gameplay videos or negative feed back ) -- to lock down threads, and try to PR their "game" , I mean "development project". PR a game, that the team doesn't want play or make any money from ... I don't know why you care *cough* caddy girls *cough* ... But, moving on ...

I am a serious gamer. I ranked #1 on Xenoverse, Raging Blast #1, easily top 5 ZEQ2 players of all time, top 25 on Injustice Lloyds Amoung us, #1 on Jedi Outcast, and many more. Having stated a bit about who I am, let me express myself about this game -- I am QUALIFIED to do so. Check my channel ( youtube.com/tristan20z ), its ALL (99%) gameplay.

This game has been the sole worst experience in gaming I've ever tasted. The development team is highly prejudice against gamers. The development team, is 100% unable to handle any sort of criticism. It is filled with whiny children like WhiteSAS, Shenku, Zeth, etc -- that constantly argue with their own community, lock down forums, high five accounts, all the while -- contributing nothing to ZEQ2 that makes any significant improvement on the initial 1536 release other than 1000's of extra Goku models and a few glitchy maps.

ZEQ2 exposes the host's IP address: leaving players open to DDOS and other threats ( it isn't 2001 anymore ,there's no need to expose player IP addresses. Fix that stuff ). ZEQ2 contains server side flaws that allow for model crashing, name crashing, chat crashing, and a host of other gameplay-side glitches that still persist. Shenku and Zeth all state that the game isn't meant to be played, but everything released for ZEQ2 fixes none of the core issues. What is released, mainly models and maps, simply come off as the dev's patting themselves on the pack for their excellent work -- adding models and maps to an unstable core , or "shell" called ZEQ2.

My point: This community , here, on the forums -- is all about development. But, they do nothing to develop, or further the game for the gamers. They start seemingly impressive projects that never get finished (lack of talent or lack of drive ). What is released, is glitchy garbage at best.

Then, I made a post about EMUD's being the future of Dragon Ball Z PC gaming, and they lost their minds. If the team does not want ZEQ2 to be played, and this is a playground for amateur developers, then carry on? This team needs more practice to be on EMUD's level of developmentl. So, continue practicing -- maybe by 2040 we will get a functioning ZEQ2.

Keep in mind, this project took off not because it was SO AMAZING. Instead, it took off because Dragon Ball Z released terrible quality console games consecutively during the beginning years of ZEQ2, and Dragon Ball Z gamers had no choice but to play ZEQ2.

But now, ZEQ2 is old. Code glitches have been exposed, the community is under constant DDOS attacks , with no updates coming soon, and a host of developers who do not even want the game to be touched by gamers.

Thus, this is now dying project. There are no new releases coming soon, aside from a few characters or models. ZED-you is a waste of time. It is inferior to Earth Special Forces and EMUD's, and the graphics were brought from 2001 by Marty in the Dolarian from Back to the Future.

It is a fact, that when the next generation of Dragon Ball Z gamers are released, such as EMUD'S unreal version, no one will be talking ZEQ, no one will care. Who is going to play ZEQ2 in 2017 ? Think about that. This game had its time, and it was squandered. The development team has failed, no money to show for it, and a disgruntled community filled with a resent for time wasted spent believing in this sorry team, who spends more time defending their image on the forums than actually building a solid foundation of material for the game.

RIP ZEQ2 2006-2016. Good Run. It's over now. 0 servers active, nothing new coming. Graphics from 2001. Rest in piece.

Postscript: I get that this game was "never completed", "never meant to be released", "never alive, thus can never die", "a car without breaks". I get that. But, at this point, 10 years after 2006, with new technology and improvements in the way we experience games ( VR, Unreal4, etc ). There is no point to continue the development of ZEQ2. It's like continuing to work on a mod for SNES Super Mario Bros. That time is over, and ZEQ2's time is over. You had a 10 year window to finish your project, but you missed it. ZEQ 2 is outdated and not as impressive in terms of gameplay capability and graphics as EMUD's unreal project. That is why ZEQ2 is dead. ZEQ2 didn't die because it was "never fully completed" -- ZEQ2 died because it missed its window of relevance, and is now irrelevant and obsolete.

too long; didn't read: F you. Read it.

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 13, 2016

Man, I really tried to reach you on a respectful level-or I felt I did. It's a shame that didn't work out. I would actually push for the admins to keep your posts if they were even remotely non-flammatory.

For future reference, here is a list of rules even for the free forums. It's one of my favorite things about this place, that you're still sort of expected to behave like a half-way decent person if you possess the ability.

I'd also like to apologize if somehow I offended you by calling for a deletion-but I'm asking for one more right here, if I can get it. And it's not about your message. Just your communication skills are absolutely bottom of the barrel here. I tried to reach you with respect, tried to go halfway, and I thought you could do better.

It isn't spam, and it isn't untrue.

Except that a lot of it is your conjecture, and I even showed you how, at least the part where you try to make the leap that these guys are just self-congratulatory attention-whoring can't be true. You don't open source when you want attention. You keep things private. You say things like "X amount of likes and I'll post a new demo/video! Subscribe PLEASE!!!!" or something like that. Again, that particular part of what you said wouldn't make sense for even a cartoon mad scientist-I'm not repeating that because it's clever-it isn't. I'm repeating it because you've got to see that you're not making sense there, right?

It may not be something you want to here, but it something I want voiced to this community.

I don't actually mind your opinions, or even your experiences being here-you can write negative stuff all day, but seriously, if you'd present things in even a remotely intelligent fashion, instead of being an enormous wad about whatever it is you want to do, that would be fantastic. So it doesn't matter if I want to here, there, or everywhere and anywhere, if you want it voiced, that's fine, just do it in a way that doesn't hit well below anything worth reading-I get that you're angry, you are. But it's okay to express it in less of a rant form that doesn't directly attack people-which IS one of those rules that I linked above.

If it gets deleted, I'll post my opinion to youtube and make it personal by appearing in it myself.

Would you be so kind? Because if you did that, you're totally doing it in your own space, and then I can just link the admins to threads with the video, instead of this. I promise you no one will try to white wash your video, or ask you to take it down, or anything! We'll just delete it when it gets posted here Smile

If you made the video though, I don't even have to see the whole rant anymore, I'll just know that it's yours and we can delete it-it'll seriously make this a lot more pleasant for me. I don't mind browsing every couple of days and making sure the inflammatory posts you make are at least getting the attention of my favorite ninja Admin.

Mima, do the honors when you see this please?

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 14, 2016

You seem to missunderstand what ZEQ2-lite is.

it's not a game, it's not meant to be played. Your issues are all from doing things that this project was never meant to do.

Your ranking in the world is irrelevant as far as this project is concerned. ZEQ2-lite is a learning platform. Use it for ANYTHING else at your own risk. Its a sandbox people can use to LEARN modeling, writing shaders or other aspects of game development. Its intention is to be there for people to mess round with and see what they can do with it.

You stating to being top 5 in this game is a blatant missunderstanding of the projects purpose and you continue to while about something that comes from missuse of the project anyhow.

What you are doing is like going to a tennis racket production company and telling them their product is dying because you can't swat a fly with it correctly and that you break your windows when you try.

So again. If you are using this as a game, you are doing so of your own accord and at your own risk. it's not the goal of this project, nor is it the intention of this project.

If the admins weren't so anti criticism, you would see I am not flaming. It isn't conjecture. Seeking attention on a dead forum ? No. If you read my post, fully with understanding, you would see that I already stated I understand it is not a game. You would understand this:

My criticism is pertaining indie projects, like this and Earth Special Forces, that release nothing playable for years up to a decade. If no release is coming for A completed ZEQ2, I'm simply stating that VR, Unreal, Advanced console gaming, etc will make this "project" a waste of your own time. The Dragon Ball unreal project is the same
Style as Earth Special Forces / ZEQ2 -- but utilizes a far more advanced system. Why would
Anyone play this when that drops ? It's ZEQ on steroids. And yes, I am
Frustrated with the devs constantly stating it isn't meant to be played -- or Earth Special Forces never releasing the game until it's done, for such a long period of time that the community misses the opportunity to enjoy the game when it is relevant to available technology.

Complaining that I'm flaming or am being mean doesn't address the fact of the matter. That fact: ZEQ2 and Earth Special Forces are RIP now that 10 years has passed and nothing since 1536 or Earth Special Forces's last update was released. On top of that, the amount of arrogance the development team displays in these posts highlights their inability to provide reasonable reassurance that the gamers are even being considered. If this project is being developed solely to remain in open source and on a dusted shelf, might as well take it a step further and bury it when Unreal Dragon Ball Z and the next generation of Dragon Ball Z gaming arrives.

Delete this if you want, but instead of doing that, why don't you just spend that time finishing your project. No one visits these forums besides a very small hardcore group. So, why bother?

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : If the admins weren't so anti criticism, you would see I am not flaming.

Well, I'm not an admin, and I'm not anti criticism.

But, here goes:

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : I don't know why you care *cough* caddy girls *cough* ... But, moving on

I'd like to give you some constructive criticism on your criticism. When you make snide, passive-aggressive little comments like this, it undermines what you have to say. It's also not really criticism it's just... I don't know.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : It is filled with whiny children like WhiteSAS, Shenku, Zeth, etc

Again? How do you get people to stand you for more than four seconds? Do you not look back at your post and see whiny child in the boldest font available? I sure do. See, I can attack you, like you attacked them. It's funny because you were doing what you accused them of Razz

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : simply come off as the dev's patting themselves on the pack for their excellent work -- adding models and maps to an unstable core , or "shell" called ZEQ2.

You make a statement like this, yet you also claim to comprehend that this is a learning tool and not a game. It makes you seem as if you aren't too good at brain-thinking, or you're taking another jab. If you want to pat yourself on the back, you don't make your assets, code, EVERYTHING open sourced and give everyone in the world the potential to take your work and then one-up you. So you lose that.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : My criticism is pertaining indie projects, like this and Earth Special Forces, that release nothing playable for years up to a decade

They released it as it was hoping to garner developers. Not people like you(or maybe people like you if you actually applied yourself). Not people who just wanted to post youtubes of Dragonball Z games. They didn't get what they needed. They got talentless guys like me-and apparently you, since I haven't seen your actual contributions. They made it open to the public so ANYONE could fix things, or add things. How are you not getting this?

I won't comment on Earth Special Forces since they have their own way-I'm not actually part of the loop over there(if any of you guys are here I do wish you luck though!)

But essentially every scrap of what it took to get ZEQ2-Lite this far has been released to the public. You could fix it as it is. You could rip out the assets and plop them into a more friendly engine. You could do anything. Anyone could. Why do you attack them for taking a trash situation and making the best possible call, one that benefits everyone? It seems like you're just mad because you don't have something to play, but you do-you could be playing Xenoverse right now! Bringing me to...

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : I am a serious gamer. I ranked #1 on Xenoverse, Raging Blast #1, easily top 5 ZEQ2 players of all time, top 25 on Injustice Lloyds Amoung us, #1 on Jedi Outcast, and many more. Having stated a bit about who I am, let me express myself about this game -- I am QUALIFIED to do so. Check my channel ( youtube.com/tristan20z ), its ALL (99%) gameplay.

Dude, #1!?!?! Why did they give the BAFTA to John Carmack and not you? But seriously, you act like that's supposed to mean something in here-Grega's right. It means absolutely nothing. But if it'll make you feel better, here you go, Smitty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2XHG3Xp5uA

I'm not an admin, I have no mod powers, but I unofficially decree this your anthem(though I did not obtain permission from Sir Trey LouD). If you want to be childish, it's okay to break out the Spongebob Razz

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Delete this if you want, but instead of doing that, why don't you just spend that time finishing your project. No one visits these forums besides a very small hardcore group. So, why bother?

1) This is open source. It's as much your project as it is mine-it belongs to the world as long as the SVN is alive, anyone that'd want to fix anything has every bit of power to do so. You could've worked on it instead of being a diaper stripe, but you aren't. Maybe stop being so self-righteous and take your own advice?
2) I'm bothering because the implications of some of what you posted are basically attacks, indirect or direct, against people I've gotten to know, and based on your behavior, I have to go ahead and make the leap that they're twice the person you are. I just don't think it's fair to attack them.
3) Because I can type pretty fast, don't mind showing up now and again, and I have zero interest in Dragon Ball Z anymore. But again, not my project, I'm just a nobody here-same as you.

Again, not anti criticism, at all. It's broken. It's a mess. It's not playable. The community doesn't have an interest in fixing it(sorry Eagle, I know you're working on a build right now-but just as a whole here), and it's not likely to get better.

Criticize the project all day(maybe do it with more than 3 watts running upstairs next time), just not the people that made it(I'm not one of them, so I'm not talking about me, I've clearly earned some criticism for matching your childishness with more childishness, but it's been a slow week).

It's so obvious by the time you are spending arguing ... You can't take criticism, and are frankly acting like a child. An adult would simply state why it's taking so long to complete, a plan of action and then take charge. Instead, you ask how can people stand me, when it's clear I'm not trying to be liked here. I'm calling you on your p o o. Grow up and grow a pair, and stop acting like a bunch of girls -- bickering instead of taking action. Or, why don't you go build another Goku model ? Or start a map and never finish ? at least then you wouldn't sound like a emotionally hurt teenage girl. I'm done. Work on your project or let it die off. Everyone is moving into emu anyways.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : An adult would simply state why it's taking so long to complete, a plan of action and then take charge.

Skatter wrote : They released it as it was hoping to garner developers. Not people like you(or maybe people like you if you actually applied yourself). Not people who just wanted to post youtubes of Dragonball Z games. They didn't get what they needed. They got talentless guys like me-and apparently you, since haven't seen your actual contributions. They made it open to the public so ANYONE could fix things, or add things.

There's the answer to why it isn't MORE complete. People have been telling you this answer, it's all over the place. There is no dev team right now. WhiteEagleSAS(however that goes) is the only guy working on it.

As for the plan, no one's going to make a plan-the plan is already in place. Leave it as it lies for the public to pick up if it wants to, tinker with if it wants to, improve if it wants to, and that's pretty well it.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Everyone is moving into emu anyways.

This is good! As I said, I wish emirh08 all the luck in the world. I do genuinely hope you get the play experience you want from his project, and that hopefully we won't ever hear from you again, potentially because you're having a blast doing your thing, and we're having a blast doing ours Smile

Reply with quote Sunday, May 15, 2016

JustAGuy wrote : If you read my post, fully with understanding, you would see that I already stated I understand it is not a game. You would understand this:

If you understood it's not a game, then you wouldnot be complaining that people can't play it because the servers are broke. Its a learning tool and if you want to turn it in to a game, you are free to do so yourself. Just download the resources and work on it.

JustAGuy wrote : If no release is coming for A completed ZEQ2, I'm simply stating that VR, Unreal, Advanced console gaming, etc will make this "project" a waste of your own time. The Dragon Ball unreal project is the same Style as Earth Special Forces / ZEQ2 -- but utilizes a far more advanced system.

VR is a gimmic at this point. it's not consumer grade at the moment and probably won't be for another 4 to 5 years. Unreal has been round for ages and I have been singing praises of that engine every chance I got, as its a geat and powerful engine. Console gaming is not changing. They are just adding shinier graphics with barely any change in gameplay. And if Graphics were all that mattered, then noone would be playing Earth Special Forces back in 2004-2010 (and even these days every now and then), since it iss pretty much 1998 graphics.

Also The Dragonball undreal dev said his game takes inspiration from xenoverse for the mêlée system, so its nothing like either Earth Special Forces or what ZEQ2-lite has

JustAGuy wrote : Why would Anyone play this when that drops ? It's ZEQ on steroids. And yes, I am
Frustrated with the devs constantly stating it isn't meant to be played -- or Earth Special Forces never releasing the game until it's done, for such a long period of time that the community misses the opportunity to enjoy the game when it is relevant to available technology.

Why would anyone play ZEQ2-lite at all when its a broken messy shell of what could possibly be a game? If this first statament is an example of you understanding what ZEQ2-lite is about, then you are showing it really really poorly.

As for Earth Special Forces. Its taking a long time yes, and pretty much writing your own engine from scratch with only 3 coders is one of those reasons.

With regards to the current available technology. Why would anyone play minecraft, DOTA, League Of Legends (slam *laughing out loud* filter, the initials for the game are correct slam it), CS 1.6? They are all years behind even todays graphical technology and are still being played by a gigantic portion of the gamming community. If you think graphics are what make the game, then you are a poor excuse for a "hardcore" gamer.

JustAGuy wrote : If this project is being developed solely to remain in open source and on a dusted shelf, might as well take it a step further and bury it when Unreal Dragon Ball Z and the next generation of Dragon Ball Z gaming arrives.

This project is not being developed at all. Its a bloody learning tool and not a game. Its there for people to LEARN and not play it, and it is doing exactly what it was meant to do. People came round here and learned with it, then moved to other bigger projects expanding their horizons, no game release will change the fact that this project is doing exactly what it set out to do and it is succeeding. Again you are showing your understanding of this project really really badly.

Yes it didn't succeed in the primary goal of gathering devs to work on the actual ZEQ2, but as far as secondary goals go, its a blooming success.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : It's so obvious that you can't take criticism, and are frankly acting like a child.

I haven't seen a single coherent response containing criticism from you in these posts. Neither negative nor positive criticism. The only one acting like a child here is you, due to not wanting to see the other side of the coin. You've got your anger, I get that. But that is YOUR OWN doing, and only you are responsible for it.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : An adult would simply state why it's taking so long to complete, a plan of action and then take charge.

To complete what? You seem to be thinking that there is ANYONE here wanting to make a playable build from this project. That is NOT true. Some people are molding this into their own projects. Some are just using the assets provided here as stepping stones. Some just use tutorials. But there is not a team of members dedicated to DEVELOPING a new version of ZEQ2lite. It's done. ZEQ2lite wasn't a game, and will NOT be a game. So your analogy would be correct:

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Everyone is moving into emu anyways

If playing is their wish then they should! Emirh is doing a great job in the UE and those whose only wish is to play a game SHOULD play his game rather than this project. He should continue building up on it, learning, making it better. And people like you, who are dedicated to gaming and have a sense of (false) importance on these boards should stop visiting this place. These boards are not meant for as you've said "hardcore gamers". They are meant for people wanting to learn game development. For example Emirh. His presence here on these boards is both welcomed and supported. Yours however.. That brings me to my next point which I'll only briefly touch up on

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : am a serious gamer. ranked #1 on Xenoverse, Raging Blast #1, easily top 5 players of all time, top 25 on Injustice Lloyds Amoung us, #1 on Jedi Outcast, and many more. Having stated a bit about who am, let me express myself about this game -- am QUALIFIED to do so. Check my channel (youtube.com/smittywerbenjagermanjensen), its ALL (99%) gameplay.

Having actually checked your channel, I have neither seen proof of a "serious" gamer nor you being a good player of those games. I might be wrong, but being #1 in certain games comes with some form of benefits. And your numbers are.. Not really being your friends right now. Your delusions of grandeur are one of the problems here. And even if you were #1 in each of those games, you would still NOT be qualified to talk here about this project, nor would your presence here be any more wanted. Having said all of that, I still do not think you've grasped the real reason these boards exist, and by doing so, you've been wrong from the get go.

Frustrated with the devs constantly stating it isn't meant to be played -- or never releasing the game until it's done, for such a long period of time that the community misses the opportunity to enjoy the game when it is relevant to available technology.

I will be rather clear here when I say, the community YOU mentioned is not important here. The community of players isn't important. You and others who would always see this is an "incomplete game" shouldn't even actually be here. You guys should find a good Dragon Ball game that would be fun for you guys to play.

On top of that, the amount of arrogance the development team displays in these posts highlights their inability to provide reasonable reassurance that the gamers are even being considered.

They aren't being considered. On this forum and in this project gamers are as important as bots leaving spam messages.

Delete this if you want, but instead of doing that, why don't you just spend that time finishing your project. No one visits these forums besides a very small hardcore group. So, why bother?

I will not delete this, nor lock it down, so you could type out your little reply if you wanted.
I'm sorry, finishing what? How can a finished project keep getting finished? You still don't comprehend the goal of this project and due to that, everything else you say isn't really taken seriously here.

And now to touch up on some of your previous statements:

This game has been the sole worst experience in gaming 've ever tasted. The development team is highly prejudice against gamers.

That is because you consider it gaming. There's no prejudice, it's just that gamers here aren't important.

It is filled with whiny children like WhiteSAS, Shenku, , etc -- that constantly argue with their own community, lock down forums, high accounts, all the while -- contributing nothing to that makes any significant improvement on the initial 1536 other than 1000's of extra models and a few glitchy maps.

The people you've mentioned actually know the real purpose of this project and have been and always will be more important than you. WhiteEagle has been waging a one-man war on his own project and by doing so he's gotten to a point where he can actually build his own game. Shenku's knowledge of game development increases each and every day. If one looks at his first few posts and works and compares them to his latest ones, one can see what he has accomplished.

exposes the host's IP address: leaving players open to DDOS and other threats ( it isn't 2001 anymore ,there's no need to expose player IP addresses. Fix that stuff ).

Servers aren't important, people playing aren't important. As I've said, they are as important to this community as those spam bots I keep banning over and over again. Smile

But, they do nothing to develop, or further the game for the gamers.

They do develop their skills and their projects. You misunderstand the word develop. It's not about developing THIS project, it's about LEARNING game development for other things. And since this is not the game, furthering it for gamers serves no purpose.

Then, made a post about EMUD's being the future of Z PC gaming, and they lost their minds. If the team does not want to be played, and this is a playground for amateur developers, then carry on? This team needs more practice to be on EMUD's level of developmentl. So, continue practicing -- maybe by 2040 we will get a functioning .

I don't think anyone lost their mind, if I remember correctly. Instead of promoting Emirh's game (which would be welcomed any day), you wrote what you're writing here. And that is that some "team" (which doesn't even exist in reality) needs more practice and that they should let ZEQ2lite die. I'm not sure if you're just stubborn or something far worse, but ZEQ2lite isn't a game and shouldn't be treated as one. It cannot die since it's never been alive in the first place. If I remember correctly, and I think I do, Emirh is a rather nice guy. And he actually likes learning new things. You could learn a thing or three from him.
One last thing, get a functioning what? Game? release? Bug-free project? Not going to happen. Nobody wants to fix any of the bugs in ZEQ2lite (except a few brave souls). Those who want to fix them will always get all the help they need (You can ask Emirh, WhiteEagle, and others about that).

Keep in mind, this project took off not because it was SO AMAZING. Instead, it took off because Z released terrible quality console games consecutively during the beginning years of , and Z gamers had no choice but to play .

That is the problem of gamers, not us. Gamers. Aren't. Important.

than actually building a solid foundation of material for the game.

What game?

get that this game was "never completed", "never meant to be released", "never alive, thus can never die", "a car without breaks". get that. But, at this point, 10 years after 2006, with new technology and improvements in the way we experience games ( VR, Unreal4, etc ). There is no point to continue the development of .

I don't really think you get it. But to humor you, I will try to help you understand.
There are two main goals of this project:
1) Help people learn things about game development.
2) Provide assets to people who want to try out the said game development.
There was a third one, but that one was completed a long time ago, and that was to find suitable people who would create things together. Note, I've said things. Not this project. This project was never meant to be finished. As you've said that you get it, it was never meant to be released as a game. No money was expected from it. No "high-ranking-games" as I've seen you stating. It is there for the two ongoing goals, and if you do not provide anything to either of those, your presence on these boards is obsolete.

Hopefully this clears everything up. Although I will warn you, if you keep being as close-minded as you've been through these posts, you might become (as you've said) a bot. I've been moderating these boards for quite a long time, and I've seen people fearsome creature partying, resenting, hating, loving, attacking, DDOS-ing this project. And trust me when I say, you're not special. I do tend to be civil, which I'd suggest to you as well since being civil is the basis for a normal conversation. Smile

Oh and one last thing:

I'll post my opinion to youtube and make it personal by appearing in it myself.

That would be much easier than writing posts here on a forum of a project "you want to die". Smile Not one of us would bash your video nor try to stop you in any way. So you could make your little video on YouTube and we could finally end this in a civilized manner. Smile As for deleting threads, that is not your call to make here. Threads that are against the rules get deleted. It's as simple as that. Were you unkind to someone in your thread? Was your topic about ingame experiences? Both of which are against the rules. Smile

Having said all that, I feel rather nice explaining this again to someone. Grega, Shenku, Skatter, I would like to ask you something. How many times has any one of you explained this prior to this? At least 5 times each? I have to say, at least this will never get old. Smile

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Mima wrote :

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : It's so obvious that you can't take criticism, and are frankly acting like a child.

I haven't seen a single coherent response containing criticism from you in these posts. Neither negative nor positive criticism. The only one acting like a child here is you, due to not wanting to see the other side of the coin. You've got your anger, I get that. But that is YOUR OWN doing, and only you are responsible for it.

To complete what? You seem to be thinking that there is ANYONE here wanting to make a playable build from this project. That is NOT true. Some people are molding this into their own projects. Some are just using the assets provided here as stepping stones. Some just use tutorials. But there is not a team of members dedicated to DEVELOPING a new version of ZEQ2lite. It's done. ZEQ2lite wasn't a game, and will NOT be a game. So your analogy would be correct:

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Everyone is moving into emu anyways

If playing is their wish then they should! Emirh is doing a great job in the UE and those whose only wish is to play a game SHOULD play his game rather than this project. He should continue building up on it, learning, making it better. And people like you, who are dedicated to gaming and have a sense of (false) importance on these boards should stop visiting this place. These boards are not meant for as you've said "hardcore gamers". They are meant for people wanting to learn game development. For example Emirh. His presence here on these boards is both welcomed and supported. Yours however.. That brings me to my next point which I'll only briefly touch up on

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : am a serious gamer. ranked #1 on Xenoverse, Raging Blast #1, easily top 5 players of all time, top 25 on Injustice Lloyds Amoung us, #1 on Jedi Outcast, and many more. Having stated a bit about who am, let me express myself about this game -- am QUALIFIED to do so. Check my channel (youtube.com/smittywerbenjagermanjensen), its ALL (99%) gameplay.

Having actually checked your channel, I have neither seen proof of a "serious" gamer nor you being a good player of those games. I might be wrong, but being #1 in certain games comes with some form of benefits. And your numbers are.. Not really being your friends right now. Your delusions of grandeur are one of the problems here. And even if you were #1 in each of those games, you would still NOT be qualified to talk here about this project, nor would your presence here be any more wanted. Having said all of that, I still do not think you've grasped the real reason these boards exist, and by doing so, you've been wrong from the get go.

Frustrated with the devs constantly stating it isn't meant to be played -- or never releasing the game until it's done, for such a long period of time that the community misses the opportunity to enjoy the game when it is relevant to available technology.

I will be rather clear here when I say, the community YOU mentioned is not important here. The community of players isn't important. You and others who would always see this is an "incomplete game" shouldn't even actually be here. You guys should find a good Dragon Ball game that would be fun for you guys to play.

On top of that, the amount of arrogance the development team displays in these posts highlights their inability to provide reasonable reassurance that the gamers are even being considered.

[you]They aren't being considered. On this forum and in this project gamers are as important as bots leaving spam messages. [/you]

I will not delete this, nor lock it down, so you could type out your little reply if you wanted.
I'm sorry, finishing what? How can a finished project keep getting finished? You still don't comprehend the goal of this project and due to that, everything else you say isn't really taken seriously here.

And now to touch up on some of your previous statements:

This game has been the sole worst experience in gaming 've ever tasted. The development team is highly prejudice against gamers.

That is because you consider it gaming. There's no prejudice, it's just that gamers here aren't important.

It is filled with whiny children like WhiteSAS, Shenku, , etc -- that constantly argue with their own community, lock down forums, high accounts, all the while -- contributing nothing to that makes any significant improvement on the initial 1536 other than 1000's of extra models and a few glitchy maps.

The people you've mentioned actually know the real purpose of this project and have been and always will be more important than you. WhiteEagle has been waging a one-man war on his own project and by doing so he's gotten to a point where he can actually build his own game. Shenku's knowledge of game development increases each and every day. If one looks at his first few posts and works and compares them to his latest ones, one can see what he has accomplished.

exposes the host's IP address: leaving players open to DDOS and other threats ( it isn't 2001 anymore ,there's no need to expose player IP addresses. Fix that stuff ).

Servers aren't important, people playing aren't important. As I've said, they are as important to this community as those spam bots I keep banning over and over again. Smile

But, they do nothing to develop, or further the game for the gamers.

They do develop their skills and their projects. You misunderstand the word develop. It's not about developing THIS project, it's about LEARNING game development for other things. And since this is not the game, furthering it for gamers serves no purpose.

Then, made a post about EMUD's being the future of Z PC gaming, and they lost their minds. If the team does not want to be played, and this is a playground for amateur developers, then carry on? This team needs more practice to be on EMUD's level of developmentl. So, continue practicing -- maybe by 2040 we will get a functioning .

I don't think anyone lost their mind, if I remember correctly. Instead of promoting Emirh's game (which would be welcomed any day), you wrote what you're writing here. And that is that some "team" (which doesn't even exist in reality) needs more practice and that they should let ZEQ2lite die. I'm not sure if you're just stubborn or something far worse, but ZEQ2lite isn't a game and shouldn't be treated as one. It cannot die since it's never been alive in the first place. If I remember correctly, and I think I do, Emirh is a rather nice guy. And he actually likes learning new things. You could learn a thing or three from him.
One last thing, get a functioning what? Game? release? Bug-free project? Not going to happen. Nobody wants to fix any of the bugs in ZEQ2lite (except a few brave souls). Those who want to fix them will always get all the help they need (You can ask Emirh, WhiteEagle, and others about that).

Keep in mind, this project took off not because it was SO AMAZING. Instead, it took off because Z released terrible quality console games consecutively during the beginning years of , and Z gamers had no choice but to play .

That is the problem of gamers, not us. Gamers. Aren't. Important.

than actually building a solid foundation of material for the game.

What game?

get that this game was "never completed", "never meant to be released", "never alive, thus can never die", "a car without breaks". get that. But, at this point, 10 years after 2006, with new technology and improvements in the way we experience games ( VR, Unreal4, etc ). There is no point to continue the development of .

I don't really think you get it. But to humor you, I will try to help you understand.
There are two main goals of this project:
1) Help people learn things about game development.
2) Provide assets to people who want to try out the said game development.
There was a third one, but that one was completed a long time ago, and that was to find suitable people who would create things together. Note, I've said things. Not this project. This project was never meant to be finished. As you've said that you get it, it was never meant to be released as a game. No money was expected from it. No "high-ranking-games" as I've seen you stating. It is there for the two ongoing goals, and if you do not provide anything to either of those, your presence on these boards is obsolete.

Hopefully this clears everything up. Although I will warn you, if you keep being as close-minded as you've been through these posts, you might become (as you've said) a bot. I've been moderating these boards for quite a long time, and I've seen people fearsome creature partying, resenting, hating, loving, attacking, DDOS-ing this project. And trust me when I say, you're not special. I do tend to be civil, which I'd suggest to you as well since being civil is the basis for a normal conversation. Smile

Oh and one last thing:

I'll post my opinion to youtube and make it personal by appearing in it myself.

That would be much easier than writing posts here on a forum of a project "you want to die". Smile Not one of us would bash your video nor try to stop you in any way. So you could make your little video on YouTube and we could finally end this in a civilized manner. Smile As for deleting threads, that is not your call to make here. Threads that are against the rules get deleted. It's as simple as that. Were you unkind to someone in your thread? Was your topic about ingame experiences? Both of which are against the rules. Smile

Having said all that, I feel rather nice explaining this again to someone. Grega, Shenku, Skatter, I would like to ask you something. How many times has any one of you explained this prior to this? At least 5 times each? I have to say, at least this will never get old. Smile

Well said Mima, People this is a online forum, it's not that important or serious, Everyone just needs to relax, keep a open mind and move on, No negative energy guys Smile

Hainu View user's profile Send private message

The way I see it is... I actually don't see it at all. Buy a boat man.

Still here? My presence to this forum has given it more activity than it's seen in months.

You keep going on about how you give 0 loves about gamer fans of ZEQ2, and how they should not expect anything great from this team -- because it's kindergarten for developing school. Right ?

Then answer me this:

One of my threads, that you deleted, the first one about all this, only said that EMU's is coming, and gamers can finally stop playing ZEQ2. Isn't that what you want ? Obviously not, it was met with great black lash -- and I what I detected -- much jealousy. Not one person has posted about EMU's or given him any kind of support , since this thread started. It's all been about you.

Keep on with ZEQ2 kid. But, I'm done with this argument two posts ago.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Still here? My presence to this forum's given it more activity than it's seen in months.

This is super possible! It's a slow week for me, though, and I'm having fun seeing how many homestar references I can squeeze out in these posts. You are right that it's increased my personal presence by a few extra visits Very Happy

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Nothing I said is wrong or inaccurate about your project.

Excardon me, but yeah, a lot of what you said is wrong. You're just picking and choosing the parts you want to ignore/respond to so it makes you seem like you're somehow superior. You're expressing your personal paradigm, limited as it is, as fact, when it's just a skewed opinion which you've even admitted stems from the fact that you didn't get the kind of attention you wanted-just to show you I was reading that other post Smile

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Now, grow a pair and do something about it.

I could spontaneously grow the biggest scrote in the world, which would be gross, but it still wouldn't change what ZEQ2-Lite is, it wouldn't change what the goals were and are, and I'd still be disinterested in Dragon Ball Z. I'd only have a behemoth of a scrote. Testicles do not really equate to a development project's success, unless you're aware of some REALLY weird programs out there that I'm not aware of-if so please don't share.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Prove me wrong, and make ZEQ2 amazing. Or, be a little more quiet, and let this die off like I said.

I get that you're already #1, and you've already been through the gauntlet, were raised by wolves, and you have a black belt in emergency camel dentistry, but this project, nor the people that have contributed to it(not me-I didn't-again, talentless hack here!) have anything to prove to you.

As Grega already said, in terms of gameplay, it's a failure. In terms of meeting its goals, it's succeeded time and again-inspiring a ton of people to go on and do bigger and better things. I'd say it's more of a stepping-off platform, like you use it to learn and experience, then step off and do something else. Sure it bites that it doesn't have a more thoroughly enjoyable interactive experience attached to it, but that's nothing compared to the people it's influenced, which is pretty cool.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : because it's kindergarten for developing school. Right ?

This is probably the closest thing you've said to truth, though I'd say more like just a beginner's sandbox-we have much better nap schedules and far fewer disgruntled janitors than I remember in kindergarten.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : only said that EMU's is coming, and gamers can finally stop playing ZEQ2

It DID say that, along with a lot more. If it had only said that, I never even would've posted. In fact, I've been posting that from the beginning. I've tried posting in less and less intelligent manner, hoping not only to sync up with you(I haven't gotten down there yet apparently), but get this thread tossed out and deleted until you figure out how to use your words.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : and I what I detected -- much jealousy. Not one person has posted about EMU's or given him any kind of support , since this thread started. It's all been about you.

I genuinely hope Emirh08, emu, emud, whatever has great success-by his personal standards, whatever those are, for his project. I hope it draws players if that's what he wants, and I hope everyone there is satisfied by it Smile I've said as much in every thread I posted in, and in this one more than once. Again, you're reading what you want, ignoring the rest. You were the guy that took what could've been a supportive post, and turned it into a pissing contest-one that's somehow between apples and oranges. That's kind of more on you than anyone, Helvetica.

Also, I've been talking to him personally wishing him luck, so have other people, but just because you don't see it, it can't exist, right? You ARE right that I'm not interested in his project at all-that's not jealousy, it's just that it's a Dragon Ball Z game project. But I sincerely do hope it's awesome, for his sake, and that it inspires him to do bigger and better things with an original IP-or if it's his dream, that it gets him to a place where he can work in the Dragon Ball Z property officially.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : I'm done with this argument two posts ago

Can I quote you on this?

JustAGuy wrote : Still here? My presence to this forum has given it more activity than it's seen in months.

Congrats thanks to you more bandwidth is being used than would otherwhise be.

Also I'm starting to feel sorry for emud, because allmost all his would be "fans" started gutting him verbaly cause he didn't release the demo he promissed the same second his subscriber count reached 25k.

Grega wrote :
Also I'm starting to feel sorry for emud, because allmost all his would be "fans" started gutting him verbaly cause he didn't release the demo he promissed the same second his subscriber count reached 25k.

Yeah, I told him just to keep his head down and stick to his word, but maybe don't give fans/public so much power over what he does/and timeframe involved in the future. I mean obviously the choice is his, but that leg-humping usually stops the moment they stop being appeased and they turn rabid Sad

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

it hasn't even been 58 hours after I hit 25k subs and they are already trying to kill me, what have I done ..

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

emirh08 wrote : it hasn't even been 58 hours after I hit 25k subs and they are already trying to kill me, what have I done ..

Something I learned a long time ago from the former developers of the City of Heroes MMO that I suggest for future reference, never publicly state anything that is or could be interpreted as a definitive release date. A vague "soon" is better.

Also, for the record, us mods are encouraged to not delete threads unless they are spambot posts, so I'm not sure why your last thread was deleted. Regardless, Justaguy, you've clearly demonstrated your disdain for us, even if due to your gross misunderstanding of this site and project's purpose, so I'm just confused as to why you're even still here...

Seriously, if you find it so bad here, and the project is so frustrating and broken to play, why persist in attempting to garner attention for yourself here while demanding like a spoiled child for it to be fixed? If all you want to do is play something, there's plenty of other Dragon Ball Z related games out there that are actually meant to be played, and we've even had threads about them on this forum occasionally, so why are you so fixated on the one project that isn't intended to be played? That's like eating week old chicken from a dumpster when you have enough money to feed yourself at five star restaraunts for three meals a day every day for a month... There's better options for playing out there, so why persist with the one terrible option? I just can't wrap my head around this.

You also continue with personal attacks, many of which have been directed at me and other community members for whom have earned a great deal of respect from me over the years, all without reason. We're not attacking you, we're explaining. The only one personally attacking anyone here has been you, and I've been trying real hard not to simply lock every thread you post outright even despite that, hoping in some small corner of my mind that you'll realize he error of your ways and turn around to become a productive member of the community... Given your aggressive posts here though, I fear that day will never come...

Since you're done "two posts ago", I think it's safe to say that nothing we say will change your mind, so good luck with your gaming and Youtube channel, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen wrote : Keep on with ZEQ2 kid. But, I'm done with this argument two posts ago.

Since you will neither be responding here, nor will you read the responses directed to you coherently and with understanding, I have locked the thread. Please visit this link in order to re-read the rules that apply to these boards before posting anything else.

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Oh man, I missed this Very Happy

What is the propaganda for? Why against an old project that the devs released for free, if uncomplete, after the thousands of unpaid hours that went into it?

It was not even half as complete as it was when it released in 2009 when me and Zeth decided we would do what we can with what we had to make a push for something playable, something that shows fun gameplay mechanics and something to show what the artists had worked on for the 4 years prior to that.

In the span of 4 or 5 months we created a mêlée system (none existed to start with). Zeth coded it, I animated for it. We had set a deadline for ourselves to release by September as much as we could possibly do. The mêlée code was completely redone once before release. The power level system was worked on to an insane degree by Zeth, taking account for every scenario. We built in transformations in that time frame too.

I created the code for beam, blast and block power struggles, and all the art and effects that went into it. It didn't exist before that.

I created the Namek map by myself. I coded the water splash effects, and the art for it.

I wasn't fueled by money for the insane drive we had to make and get it out, it was the desire to see that all the hard work we had poured into it in the years before it, at least we can get it out there and it not to be left forever off the face of the internet.

What happened after release was more then we ever expected. So many people wanting to learn to make maps, learn to make characters, some making add on packs and giving that back to the community. That is amazing for what little there was to start with.

The future ZEQ2-Lite has .. is completely up to the internet. Some of the original ZEQ2 team are still here, although not active on the Quake 3 iteration. Not on the Unity version either. But the passion of the project will live on in another one day. It won't exclusively be Dragon Ball Z, but you can bet we will get those Dragon Ball Z mechanics in that we always wanted, finished and most importantly, fun. That is the ultimate goal of any game.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 15, 2016

.....yep

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 03, 2016

JustAGuy wrote : My criticism is pertaining indie projects, like this and Earth Special Forces, that release nothing playable for years up to a decade. If no release is coming for A completed ZEQ2, I'm simply stating that VR, Unreal, Advanced console gaming, etc will make this "project" a waste of your own time. The Dragon Ball unreal project is the same
Style as Earth Special Forces / ZEQ2 -- but utilizes a far more advanced system. Why would
Anyone play this when that drops ? It's ZEQ on steroids. And yes, I am

The point of this being released was to have the community develop it and evolve the game from the state that the devs released it in. There was still work being done on this project by the devs who worked on it, but the primary goal was to release this as an open-source project and have people in the community contribute to it. So essentially, the community is to blame for not releasing "anything playable."

Additionally, this project was released years ago and while I don't want to say it's dead(because I'm sure people are still adding bits to this on their own), the main rush of development and contribution is pretty much over with. You're complaining about a project which is basically hanging on a thread, of course it's going to seem irrelevant to you as technology evolves and newer games that are being developed come out.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 03, 2016

I'm sure people are still adding bits to this on their own

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 04, 2016

Wow is that really complaining, or in his case "criticizing"?

Damaera wrote:The point of this being released was to have the community develop it and evolve the game from the state that the devs released it in. There was still work being done on this project by the devs who worked on it, but the primary goal was to release this as an open-source project and have people in the community contribute to it. So essentially, the community is to blame for not releasing "anything playable."

Additionally, this project was released years ago and while I don't want to say it's dead(because I'm sure people are still adding bits to this on their own), the main rush of development and contribution is pretty much over with. You're complaining about a project which is basically hanging on a thread, of course it's going to seem irrelevant to you as technology evolves and newer games that are being developed come out.

As Damaera said it all, also I like how he listed all the games he so called the best at as if that isn't childish. *slow claps* Wink wheres leafyishere when you need him?

Monaka View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 07, 2016

hello everyone

I am a good steward of server, no one can attack me the ddos
it,s all about being good admin Confused

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]