Content

Good Bye

Monkey_Patr View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 06, 2016

Good Bye

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 07, 2016

Mmmh... This name calls some deep memories.

I have to disagree about some points, though. Being popular is not a goal on this project, the purpose is to learn. Mod packs likely won't affect the official development, they are just fan-made related content, and in the context, another extension/mix for an outdated version. I do not discourage people from making packs and even less tinkering with ZEQ2-Lite, at the contrary, I just find it too bad that the focus is once again on a "new and shiny" adds-on pack instead of actually bringing something to the project and/or community. Just my opinion, though, keep that in mind.

Something you could have done as well is to post progress while this pack was in the making. It would have drawn more interest from extern minds, be more constructive and very probably helpful thread (for once), so everyone would benefit from it.

In any case, I hope you are having fun learning from this project. I am looking forward to more, and hopefully this accumulated knowledge will be useful outside ZEQ2-Lite's bounds. Good luck for the next!

Postscript: don't forget to contact us on Discord if there is anything wrong with your works or ZEQ2-Lite itself. Wink

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Good Bye

These characters are edits from AnTycrisT. Though, since those Vegeta models are ripped off copyrighted products, their promotion and use as ZEQ2-Lite characters are illegal and thus subject to censorship (and sanctions in more serious cases) on this forum. So, please, remove any media or access from this thread.

Good Bye

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, November 10, 2016

that's odd ?

I remember seeing rip addons being allowed in recent times

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, November 10, 2016

najeeb wrote : that's odd ?

I remember seeing rip addons being allowed in recent times

Ripped/stollen assets from any commercial game have never been allowed on these forums. Anyone who claimed otherwise was lying or uninformed.

Reply with quote Saturday, November 12, 2016

Good Bye

Reply with quote Sunday, November 13, 2016

I just realize that unless the structure of the game itself is Changed there will be no actual improvement.

Development-wise and only focusing on this iteration, it might be more appropriate to focus on the actual problems ZEQ2-Lite has, which are the obsolete systems (model format, renderer etc...), the chaotic standard-less code base, and probably a lack of means to produce. Not only that, some other tasks are waiting behind, but I think those are the most important.

With this pack I was planing to Increase the number of Characters, Stages, music and power; also change the tiers, transformations and power levels. Now I know that it needs more than that to improve and succeed.

That's a good remark, though I have to disagree with that last word, because again, the only thing to succeed would be those who learn from it and prosper in their favorite domain, if specific.

but no one that I know of has made changes to the game code

You must be new, then. Razz

I don't know about any of you but I got tired of the current ZEQ2 fighting style.

The concepts relating to this in the context of ZEQ2-Lite aren't adapted to one's tastes. Your train of thought has to stay objective and faithful to the series, at minimum. Yes it's not ZEQ2, which would use intrinsic analysis everywhere and per-frame reproduction, but there is a minimum to follow that would at least maintain this ambient good feeling everyone felt while first trying out ZEQ2-Lite, if not enhancing it.

When one has a team not all can be modellers, not all can be coders, not all can be programmers, each have to do there own part of the work in order to complete a full project.

You don't especially need a team, but that would indeed be an interesting experience. Don't forget that you can commit (if enough involved and interested in the project's development) to the SVN to contribute to the official branch. I guess it is fine as long as it is organized.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]