<<  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  >>

ZOPU: Now with Ultra Instinct! Sorta...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, October 02, 2016

ZEQ2-Lite reborn!

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, October 02, 2016

Eagle wrote : ZEQ2-Lite reborn!

No, because that sounds like a crappy character pack someone would make where all the characters are just beautimus recolored versions of Goku...

Reply with quote Monday, October 03, 2016

Hum... Didn't really mean it this way. Just, ZA HYPU!

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 05, 2016

For the ki charge just make a variable call it ki charge or whatever you like then set it to 0 then create a branch, on the branch make the condition => then after that set your variable but under it connected to the => add a + 0.01 then after that do a delay that goes back.

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 05, 2016

emirh08 wrote : For the ki charge just make a variable call it ki charge or whatever you like then set it to 0 then create a branch, on the branch make the condition => then after that set your variable but under it connected to the => add a + 0.01 then after that do a delay that goes back.

Close, but my solution is to just add an additional bool condition on the skill charge actor to make sure it's only firing its tick function if it's not already fully charged. I just haven't put it in yet.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 02, 2016

digging the transition between transformations , for some reason they just work and manage to pack a punch

something that lacks in Dragon Ball super transformations these days

Reply with quote Monday, December 12, 2016

Working on Earth now (Yes, the WHOLE planet, because I liked the old idea for a world map for ZEQ2-Lite, even if it never did go anywhere...), but still just getting started on this map, so most of the assets are either unfinished or bugged at present (Most notably the eye-gouging landscape textures, and messed up material indexes for Kami's Lookout and the World Martial Arts Tournament meshes, both of which are partly or mostly untextured...).

The map itself is HUGE, so short of abusing Zanzoken time to cross it like it's Instant Transmission, it would take a bit to fly from one end to the other... Probably going to have to break it up into smaller streaming levels to stream in stuff only when you're close enough to it, otherwise performance is going to start taking a hit once I start adding all the other cities and landmark locations...

I liked the old idea for a world map for ZEQ2-Lite, even if it never did go anywhere...)

My guess is that it would need a solid LoD feature as well as kind of grid-like separated areas. I imagine it would be heck to do such a thing on ZEQ2-Lite as of now, but still worth a try though.

As for the buildings, trees, cliffs etc..., there are some assets on the SVN, if they can help.

Looking forward to more. This is really interesting.

Eagle wrote :

I liked the old idea for a world map for ZEQ2-Lite, even if it never did go anywhere...)

My guess is that it would need a solid LoD feature as well as kind of grid-like separated areas. I imagine it would be heck to do such a thing on ZEQ2-Lite as of now, but still worth a try though.

As for the buildings, trees, cliffs etc..., there are some assets on the SVN, if they can help.

Looking forward to more. This is really interesting.

Yeah, there's a few assets that I've been pulling from already, mostly textures, but not everything that I need is there on the SVN, and most of what is there is still highly incomplete. If anyone has more completed versions, or wants to help me out, I'd love a hand with that...

Some texture updates and fixes to vary the grass texture, as well as adjusted the tiling scale of all the landscape textures, and added the Desert Duel area. Not sure if it's in the right spot on the map, sorta just guessed, and will fix it later if it is wrong... Will add rocks, random cliff meshes, trees, and other ground clutter stuff soonish...

Reply with quote Saturday, January 07, 2017

https://youtu.be/VRJW7KlsDFo

Added in some old tree meshes from the SVN (I think they were TRL's?), though they're not entirely placed in the world just yet, and also made some adjustments to the aura.

Previously, when not moving, the aura would snap to an upright position regardless of character rotation because of the aura particles being generated in local space and needing to go "up".

Now, when not moving, the aura is orientated to the character's rotation, and it switches from local space velocity to world space, meaning that the aura spikes always have upward velocity regardless of the rotation of the aura, so now the aura should look slightly more accurate.

When moving, it switches back over to local space particles, so it still looks mostly correct when flying through the air.

Also, added in particles using my old edited version of the Public Beta 1 aura spikes to get slightly more flame-like animated aura spikes, and making the aura look a little better overall.

Edit: Also changed the aura mechanics so that when boosting and charging, the aura scale increases to visually denote the increase in power being gathered.

Also, adding pictures, cause I forgot to upload them...

Reply with quote Friday, January 27, 2017

https://youtu.be/IW5EQr0t2UE

Restructured how transformations are handled on the back end (streamlined and reduced to a single function instead of separate functions for each tier), and added a new function for limiting transformations to a specific range. Can limit transformations based on minimum and maximum transformation tiers, I.e. 1-3, 2-5, or limit the transformation range to a specific tier, such as Super Saiyan Blue (Tier 5). This allows the player to skip over transformations if desired, instead of going through each in sequence.

There's still some bugs with the conditions to transform based on powerlevel, which will be sorted shortly.

Also added a 2D blendspace for movement as well as some dust particle effects when landing on the ground, or when charging Ki while on the ground, updated the HUD slightly to display min/max tier as well as current Training EXP amount, and fixed a bug with transformation transitioning that was causing the normal state hair to animate with no active aura sometimes.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 28, 2017

Not necessarily related to your latest updates, however, my suggestions are :

Consider zooming the camera in more by default. How much percent vertical/horizontal space the character consumes in a game is INCREDIBLY critical. Watching from an eagle's eye perspective is really only helpful when you are controlling dozens/hundreds of characters/units. It's very difficult to make any real critical feedback of the animations -- besides in a broad manner.

Increase your blend/transition/rotation speed. Animation transitions should take somewhere between 0.3 and 0.5 seconds to complete. A lot of what I'm seeing in the video is very drawn out to a 2-3 second duration unnecessarily.

Balance your lighting. Most of the lighting on the character is still way too bright. This removes all contrast and makes it appear as though you are using solid colors rather than having shades. Additionally, I can't be certain (due to the camera distance), but some of the regions of Goku seem to have an odd specular shimmer to them. Are you using a custom shader? Or is this a rig issue?

Refine your HUD aesthetic. Bright yellow text on bright lime green is not a color compliment and, again, is far too bright for regular usage. Considering multiple elements seem to be having this brightness issue, I'm beginning to wonder if your monitor might simply be not calibrated correctly.

Disable camera motion blur. This still needs to be addressed for the reasons I mentioned previously.

Zeth wrote :
Consider zooming the camera in more by default. How much percent vertical/horizontal space the character consumes in a game is INCREDIBLY critical. Watching from an eagle's eye perspective is really only helpful when you are controlling dozens/hundreds of characters/units. It's very difficult to make any real critical feedback of the animations -- besides in a broad manner.

Noted, going to adjust the default distance, as well as some other camera stuff, such as the pivot point/angle, exc. so the character model doesn't block the view of what the character is looking/aiming attacks at, especially when zoomed in.

Increase your blend/transition/rotation speed. Animation transitions should take somewhere between 0.3 and 0.5 seconds to complete. A lot of what I'm seeing in the video is very drawn out to a 2-3 second duration unnecessarily.

Part of the blending issue seems to be how I have the blendspace setup, since it's speed based. If moving too fast in one direction, unless I crank the acceleration really high, the blend is slow. If I put the acceleration too high though, there's no blend at all, it just snaps to the next pose. Still tinkering with it all to find a good balance, but yes it is something I noticed and am looking to fix.

Balance your lighting. Most of the lighting on the character is still way too bright. This removes all contrast and makes it appear as though you are using solid colors rather than having shades. Additionally, I can't be certain (due to the camera distance), but some of the regions of Goku seem to have an odd specular shimmer to them. Are you using a custom shader? Or is this a rig issue?

Apparently I forgot when setting up the new map to increase the lighting intensity. If it's set too low, the lighter shades in the celbanding don't even show up at all, but the cel technique I'm using is still far from perfect, and I'm still tinkering with it a lot... There shouldn't be any specular at all with the setup I'm using currently, so unless what you're seeing is parts of the under-mesh clipping through the outer mesh (Picture attached below), the only thing I can think you're referring to is the way the aura messes up how the cel-shading is displayed, since the cel shading post process effect and additive particles don't seem to get along...

Refine your HUD aesthetic. Bright yellow text on bright lime green is not a color compliment and, again, is far too bright for regular usage. Considering multiple elements seem to be having this brightness issue, I'm beginning to wonder if your monitor might simply be not calibrated correctly.

Honestly, you're right, I just haven't come up with an idea of how I want to design the HUD yet to replace that, but it is on my todo... My choice of colors for most placeholder art/texture prototyping isn't really a calibration issue, it's a "eh, good enough" issue stemmed from laziness, to be perfectly frank... Perhaps I should finally address my laziness when it comes to colors, since it seems to be pretty apparent that it's an ongoing issue...

Disable camera motion blur. This still needs to be addressed for the reasons I mentioned previously.

And fixed again. I could swear I've disabled it twice already, but it seems like it keeps re-enabling itself...

HUD was starting to bother me too much, especially with Brad's pointing it out when it was already getting on my nerves... Replaced it with a partly functional version of ZEQ2-Lite's health/powerlevel bar type of setup. No flashy charging effects, or transformation markers for it yet, but it works for the moment until I whip up something better.

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Apparently I forgot when setting up the new map to increase the lighting intensity. If it's set too low, the lighter shades in the celbanding don't even show up at all, but the cel technique I'm using is still far from perfect, and I'm still tinkering with it a lot.

I can help you port one of our HLSL shaders if you'd like. I'll just need to get a point of reference/example for Unreal.

There shouldn't be any specular at all with the setup I'm using currently, so unless what you're seeing is parts of the under-mesh clipping through the outer mesh (Picture attached below), the only thing I can think you're referring to is the way the aura messes up how the cel-shading is displayed, since the cel shading post process effect and additive particles don't seem to get along...

Your first screenshot on the leg was what I was referring to. The clipping, yes. I had not noticed the weirdness going on from the particles until you highlighted them.

HUD was starting to bother me too much. Replaced it with a partly functional version of ZEQ2-Lite's health/powerlevel bar type of setup. No flashy charging effects, or transformation markers for it yet, but it works for the moment until I whip up something better.

Great step in the right direction, Shenku!

Reply with quote Saturday, February 18, 2017

Small non-update update, because I can...

Wow wow wow hey wow! Don't go there, that's a quite dangerous ground you are stepping on. Razz
You don't want your thread to drown under a sea of nonsensical argument!

Heh. Jokes aside, still around looking for the next. Show 'em smexy blueprints and shiny assets! Wink

Eagle wrote : Wow wow wow hey wow! Don't go there, that's a quite dangerous ground you are stepping on. Razz
You don't want your thread to drown under a sea of nonsensical argument!

Heh. Jokes aside, still around looking for the next. Show 'em smexy blueprints and shiny assets! Wink

Too late! Already done did it!

Here's a better look at the model itself, it's mostly just modified from the Young Justice Batman model I made and posted about in another thread, mostly because I didn't feel that my Justice League cartoon version of Superman was redeemable... Still not the greatest model I've ever made, but it'll do for now...

I'm still undecided, but I've been thinking about doing my own version of a Goku Versus Superman video since I feel Screw Attack was horribly biased in favor of Superman for both videos, and didn't give Goku nearly as much of a chance as he should have had to win... I'm just not sure if it's worth the time and effort to do it, so for now, I'll settle for Goku punching Superman in the schnoz in ZOPU...

More on topic though, no significant changes have been made to ZOPU just yet, I'm mostly just noting certain systems that are making me consider scrapping large chunks of the current build to streamline everything, because some of my Blueprints are a convoluted mess...

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 19, 2017

Shenku wrote : Small non-update update, because I can...

superman? kill it kill it with fire 0_o

Reply with quote Friday, February 24, 2017

Adding Aura Trails, still overlapping weird though, and also tinkering with Auras again, but still not finished adjusting them.

Trying to get a nice mix between the aura being solidly visible against the background so they aren't hard to see against certain colors, and not completely blocking out the player's view, and the character itself... It's a balancing act that I'm still working on, and the aura in this picture is very much not what I'm working towards yet...

Reply with quote Friday, March 17, 2017

Anything new, Shenku? Would be easier to monitor your progress on projects in Discord, but a threaded discussion here is equally fine.

Reply with quote Friday, March 17, 2017

Zeth wrote : Anything new, Shenku? Would be easier to monitor your progress on projects in Discord, but a threaded discussion here is equally fine.

Actually, yes, but only a little bit.

I made some minor changes earlier today to the customization menu's layout/style by adding in some arrows from ZEQ2-Lite's menu assets, as well as better lining everything up, and added an option for changing hair styles now (Presently it's just the Goku or old obnoxiously low poly Vintage Teen Gohan hair styles).

Along with being able to change hair styles now, I was forced to revamp much of how the hair/head meshes were handled just to make it work more dynamically, but I still need to re-import some of the hair/head meshes to standardize morph target names for all the morph target based animations...

I'm going to try working on this some more over the weekend too, but mainly going to focus on the main menu and level loading functionality so I can start work toward getting a rough build compiled out for testing.

By the way, whatever happened to the later generation ZEQ2 models, like the 6th Generation Vegeta? I feel like they were uploaded somewhere on one of the SVN servers, but I can't recall which one or where, and I'm starting to feel like the ZEQ2-Lite models are showing their age too much. I've been thinking for a while that it might be time to start updating/swapping the character meshes out for better quality ones, and those could save me a ton of remodeling work, assuming you don't mind me using them.

Reply with quote Saturday, March 18, 2017

Alright, got some basic menus setup now, just need to setup the save system now so customization isn't lost every time the game is closed. Also need to add some button controls for the camera on the customization menu to zoom in/out, and rotate the view so you can get a better look whilst customizing your look...

Reply with quote Sunday, March 26, 2017

https://youtu.be/FNcBLHSy8fM

Overhauled the transformation system to be more consistent towards requirements to transform. Transformations are now unlocked automatically at specific experience levels, and requirements to transform are now progressively lower in total powerlevel percent required to activate based on which transformations have been unlocked.

When first form is unlocked, it requires 90% power

When second form is unlocked, first form requires 70% and second requires 90%

When third form is unlocked first form requires 50% second requires 70% and third requires 90%.

When fourth form is unlocked, first form requires 20%, second requires 50%, third requires 70%, and fourth requires 90%

When fifth form is unlocked, first form requires 10%, second requires 20%, third requires 50%, fourth requires 70%, and fifth form requires 90%

Powerlevel sensing systems added, with moving arrow slider on right side of indicator to denote difference in relative strength. Higher means the player has a lower current powerlevel, while Lower means the player has a higher powerlevel.

Added in respawner for NPC AI opponents so they will now respawn at a random Player Start location.

Updated HUD to denote current powerlevel required for transformations.

Fixed Skill and mêlée systems to properly deal damage to AI opponents again.

Also, not shown, fixed some bugs with the Menus, and added a basic graphic settings menu to crank up or down the settings as needed. Unfortunately, after adding it, I realized the aura only looks okay with the effects setting set to Low, any higher, and the performance drops, and the particles swallow up the character...

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]