Content

The Black Dawn Wars: (Book 3 released!)

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Hey folks,

My book series, The Black Dawn Wars is now fully released and complete with Book 3, Daughter of Light, having been just released as of yesterday (February 3rd), and all 3 books are now available for purchase through the Amazon Kindle and Lulu.com marketplaces, all of which can be found at the following link:

theblackdawnwars.com

To celebrate the release of book 3, you guys can snag free Kindle versions of Books 1 and 2 until February 7th, so get them while you can, and be sure to pick up book 3 while you're at it!

The original post is quoted below for archive purposes:

So I figured I should post my announcement here for those who are still interested...

Anyways my book, The Fall of Var, is in the last stage before being made public(awaiting the final proof copy!), and the release date has been set! I will release it on October 29th, 2012, and once I click the shiny red release button, I will post a link to it on Lulu.com(my independent publishing house...) for your purchasing pleasure! So, save the date, and start setting some money aside(Current price is planned to be $29.99, or 25% off the list price of $39.99 for other retail outlets), because it's coming soon!

In the mean time, enjoy some fancy cover art along with a synopsis, from the one-piece cover I created last night!

Edit: Okay, so I finally caved in and created a Facebook page to use as a tool to help me market the book, which can be found at http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheBlackDawnWars/538632922819502...

Edit:

The book is officially on sale as of yesterday morning, and you can order a copy from the following link:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/KevinKroschel

Note also that there is a full first chapter preview available to read through that link, so feel free to read that if you're not sure about purchasing a copy yet.

Soft Cover version:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/kevin-kroschel/the-fall-of-var-the-black-dawn-wars-book-1-soft-cover/paperback/product-22037548.html

Digital Kindle version can now be found at the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Black-Dawn-Wars-ebook/dp/B00BX0SM92/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1363781515&sr=1-1

Mima wrote :
Edit: Would it be possible to purchase it from Amazon? (My uncle is willing to buy me something that's 50$ or less, and he can do it if it's on Amazon.)

It (physical copies) should eventually make its way onto Amazon, but I'm not sure on the specific time table as to how long until that will be. Still ironing out many of the details regarding distribution and how specifically it all works...

Digital versions are now available on Amazon's market however.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Heh interesting. I will say right now that I'll probably not read it. But I do think it's cool that you're publishing your own book.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 11, 2012

My country doesn't support paypal, or any other kind of online purchases, but I might be able to get my uncle to buy it. I am waiting for it eagerly, and I hope I get it. Good work Shenku! Best of luck to you!

Edit: Would it be possible to purchase it from Amazon? (My uncle is willing to buy me something that's 50$ or less, and he can do it if it's on Amazon.)

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

that's pretty strange Mima....

If any bank in your country is in UniCredit group or IntesaSanpaolo then you should be able to open Paypal with no problem.

Procedure is simple. You go to paypal, open it, they give you one number you go with that code I bank and that's it....

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

No no, I meant paypal doesn't support my country at ALL. If you go register at paypal, you should be able to see your country. Mine isn't. Razz We are still 20 years away from world.

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Forgot to post it here, but the book is officially on sale as of yesterday morning, and you can order a copy from the following link:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/KevinKroschel

Note also that there is a full first chapter preview available to read through that link, so feel free to read that if you're not sure about purchasing a copy yet.

Also, I plan on having a digital copy available for purchase as well in the near future(for much cheaper), so stay tuned if you're one of them tech savvy folks with an e-reader of some form...

Mima wrote :

It should eventually make its way onto Amazon, but I'm not sure on the specific time table as to how long until that will be. Still ironing out many of the details regarding distribution and how specifically it all works...

And adding the above info to the first post shortly...

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

This is a huge step forward for you Shenku Shocked I mean; it's just amazing! I'm not much of a reader, but I'm really really happy for you ^^

Kudos man! Smile

Zay View user's profile Send private message

Ill buy it after my 180 hours of work to get my check

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Current price is planned to be $29.99, or 25% off the list price of $39.99 for other retail outlets)

I realize that most of that price is to produce a physical hard-back copy of the back. Is there any chance that a more economically-conscious digital copy might surface up?

Zeth wrote :

Current price is planned to be $29.99, or 25% off the list price of $39.99 for other retail outlets)

I realize that most of that price is to produce a physical hard-back copy of the back. Is there any chance that a more economically-conscious digital copy might surface up?

Read my last post above, I'm already looking into that avenue. Most likely, I'll be publishing it digitally with Createspace for the Kindle store, but yes, the digital version will be significantly cheaper.

Also, I forgot to mention that I decided to lower the price more than I initially planned, so instead of being $29.99, I'll he keeping it around $27.99. Ignore the base price of $39.99, that is probably going to be changed later to better reflect the $27.99 price it's set to currently. After all, while making money is nice, I have no intention of ripping people off...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Read my last post above, I'm already looking into that avenue. Most likely, I'll be publishing it digitally with Createspace for the Kindle store, but yes, the digital version will be significantly cheaper.

I completely skipped that paragraph for some reason -- even remember reading the rest of the post too. Apologies.

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just released the book, as of this morning, in digital ebook format on Amazon's Kindle market for a much reduced price(compared to the print version) of $5.99!

http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Black-Dawn-Wars-ebook/dp/B00BX0SM92/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1363781515&sr=1-1

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

any way other than paypal ?

najeeb wrote : any way other than paypal ?

As with most purchases on the internet, credit cards (Visa, Master Card, exc.) and Pay Pal are usually the standard methods of payment. If there's another form of online payment out there that Amazon or Lulu takes, I'm not aware of it...

Reply with quote Friday, July 05, 2013

Just a quick announcement, the ebook version of this book is currently available for FREE until this Sunday (July 7th) through Amazon.com! Shocked Very Happy Cool

Go get it for free now while you can, because after that, it's reverting to its normal price of $2.99.

And if you download the free version and enjoy reading it, consider buying a physical copy, or recommending it to a friend or relative. Wink

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 06, 2013

@Shenku
I am currently pursuing BMM {Bachelor of Mass Media} for becoming a journalist and I love writing essays and poems but I wanted to write at least 1 book because the topic is very important to me "Real Men don't snuggle{raip}' <<<thanks word filter

so please tell me how long is your book {pages} and what's the average size it should be? Smile

thanks in adavance

Reply with quote Saturday, July 06, 2013

RealDeal wrote : @Shenku
I am currently pursuing BMM {Bachelor of Mass Media} for becoming a journalist and I love writing essays and poems but I wanted to write at least 1 book because the topic is very important to me "Real Men don't snuggle{raip}' <<<thanks word filter

so please tell me how long is your book {pages} and what's the average size it should be? Smile

thanks in adavance

My book, (the hard cover copy) is 397 pages not counting blank pages, title pages, and copyright/table of contents pages, but that doesn't mean your book has to be the same length, nor do you have to adhere to some average page count that most books have when you write it.

The best advice I can give is to only make your book as long as it has to be to tell the story you want to tell. Don't stretch it out if you don't have to, but don't cut it short either.

Mine only requires additional books (planned to be three books total at present) because of unresolved issues and fallout as a direct result of events in the first book that lead to future events that occur about twenty years later, which will be covered in a later series if I ever get around to writing them to further explore the world (possibly in more interactive mediums...).

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Just bumping this thread back up to remind people of its existance, and also announce that book 2 is in the final stages, and will (hopefully) be published within the next month or so, earlier if possible.

If you're interested in reading it, and haven't read book 1 yet, the links are in the first post, so go ahead and take a look. First chapter can be read for free off either link.

Also, while I don't intend on doing the full book myself, as I'm not gifted enough for voice work, you can also find an audio version of chapter 1 from the first book on my youtube account, here. Try to contain your laughter at my horrible voice...

Oh, and here's the cover art, in desktop wallpaper format:

Reply with quote Monday, February 09, 2015

Apologies for the triple post, but I thought I'd announce real fast that I finally put together a soft cover version of the first book, which is cheaper than the hard cover version, and can be found at the following link, which has also been added to the first post:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/kevin-kroschel/the-fall-of-var-the-black-dawn-wars-book-1-soft-cover/paperback/product-22037548.html

Reply with quote Thursday, May 07, 2015

Alright, just a quick update. I'm almost done with everything for book 2, I just need to wait until payday next week to be able to order a proof copy of the hard cover and soft cover versions of the book, and once I get those and make sure they're all good, I'll finally release the second installment in The Black Dawn Wars trilogy.

Took way longer than I wanted for my proof readers to finish... I might bite the bullet next time and just pay a service to do it for me instead to avoid the headaches...

Reply with quote Saturday, May 09, 2015

Got my first test print for Book 2 today... Looks pretty good. Need to print two more out (a softcover and hardcover), and make sure my last few changes are good to go, and then everything's set for release.

Also got a copy of the new softcover version for Book 1 today as well.

Edit: Not sure why the images are sideways, they were displaying fine when I looked at them before uploading, but after uploading they rotated for some reason... I blame the "auto rotate detect" feature in my phone's camera, which doesn't seem to like when I take pictures of things on my table...

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Just hit the big shiny button, Frozen Shadows, book 2 of The Black Dawn Wars is now up and available to be purchased.

Hardcover version

Softcover version

Kindle version is presently under review, but should be up on Amazon.com within a day or so for those who'd rather buy the cheaper eBook version...

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 29, 2016

So I just finished writing book 3 today, for any of you who might still be interested in this series. This will be the last book in the series, and I intend to have it out before the end of the summer (release Date to Be Determined), I just need to do some editing, get myself some volunteers to proofread to make sure it doesn't need more editing, and it'll be set to go. (Hopefully)

Probably going to do some celebratory sales/giveaways of Books 1 and 2 when Book 3 gets released as well, so keep an eye out for the announcement for that...

Reply with quote Saturday, February 04, 2017

Hey folks,

Just popping in real quickly to say that my book series, The Black Dawn Wars, is now fully released and complete with Book 3, Daughter of Light, having been just released as of yesterday (February 3rd), and all 3 books are now available for purchase through the Amazon Kindle and Lulu.com marketplaces, all of which can be found at the following link where you can be directed to your editions of choice:

theblackdawnwars.com

To celebrate the release of book 3, you guys can snag free Kindle versions of Books 1 and 2 until February 7th, so get them while you can, and be sure to pick up book 3 while you're at it! Oh, and if you can, please share this series with your friends/family, my close social circle has thus far failed me in terms of word of mouth marketing of this series...

Also, edited the first post to reflect this series' now complete status.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]