Content

English level

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hi, everyone Exclamation

I was thinking what level of English uses to talk in ZEQ2-Lite Community. There are some users that are from other countries that doesn't talk English.
Is the level of English of this Community, B1 or B2?

EDIT:
P.D.: Sorry, if this post should put in Discussion Forum.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 10, 2016

There is no standard concerning an English level among the community. It's very subjective even. Some peoples talk English, others don't, certain talk it well, but it is not the case of everyone, even though it might be -- generally talking -- your native language. And there is nothing wrong with that, except when frequenting international places like this one probably. If everyone had to talk their own language, it would certainly cause troubles, in plus of certainly severely divide the community. That would be regrettable, I suppose. Razz

Concerning myself, I am not even sure I validated the B1. However, I don't think peoples have lots of troubles understanding what I say. At least, I hope so!

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What even are those levels...? I've seen some IELTS books at work in the Language Learning section (I work at a library currently), but it occurs to me that I have no idea what that even stands for... There's actual "levels" to the English language...? Is my level simply so high that I've never noticed it had a level...? Hmm... I guess mine must be over 9,000....

>_>

<_<

*Crushes a Scouter and goes back to tinkering with UE4*

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Not to be rude, or anything but why is this here?

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

>Shenku

This kind of language mastery classification is applied in Europe as a way to evaluate -- under specific criteria -- an individual's ability to understand and communicate English. Some countries use it for other non-native languages as well, though. If I remember right, and from my perspective:

A = Basic rules of English (or else) language.

B = More vocabulary along with callbacks to A.

C = Fluent and almost flawless communication. Basically a professional or very advanced level.

>ryku220

It doesn't seem to break any of the site or forum's rules as far as I know them. The moderation is pretty relax here as well (without any offense, at the contrary!), so it has no particular reason to not belong in here. Also, it appears to be a sort of community oriented poll -- which is an interesting thing on a certain perspective -- even though the targeted subject is pretty hard to process for previously mentioned reasons.

Learn something new every day. Smile

And Ryku220, I don't see anything wrong with this topic. It's both a semi-relevant topic considering English is not the first, or in some cases not even primary, language for a fair sized portion of the community here. Additionally, it's already in the Free Forum, which is partly what the section is here for, so I see no problem here.

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Then I do apologize as I was confused to why this was put here I do understand it is in the free section. I was just confused to why it mattered,then again it may spark a interesting conversation.

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 11, 2017

If I want to work on USA in a company, should I have an advanced level more than B2?

Reply with quote Monday, September 11, 2017

D_guard_d wrote : If I want to work on USA in a company, should I have an advanced level more than B2?

That depends on the type of job or career you're looking at, since some require really solid communication skills, both written and verbal, and some don't care as long as you can communicate well enough to understand your instructions and do your assigned tasks.

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Shenku wrote : What even are those levels...?

I've seen them referenced by some of my European friends before, so I googled, and based on the context of the sentences I'm almost certain it's this.

Edit: Ahhh, I see Eagle already explained it. Nevermind then! Razz

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]