Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

ZOPU: Now with Ultra Instinct! Sorta...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 03, 2017

You might want to get in touch with Dave. He did some pretty awesome work with craters in Unity. By that I mean depth. That would complete yours.
Also, the "cataclysmic" overlay might need higher res textures on such a scale, or even procedural rendering.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 03, 2017

Eagle wrote : You might want to get in touch with Dave. He did some pretty awesome work with craters in Unity. By that I mean depth. That would complete yours.
Also, the "cataclysmic" overlay might need higher res textures on such a scale, or even procedural rendering.

I'm trying to find information already on how to add depth, even if only as a visual illusion and not actual geometry changes, but regardless I am still working on it.

And yeah, the "lava cracks" I added to overlay onto the original crater decal might be a little small in texture size, and definitely lacking in detail, but it was just a test texture to make sure it would work before I start fine tuning the visuals more.

Ideally, there'll be a lot of smaller cracks, sharper edges, world scaled/tiled details to make said cracks seem more detailed even at larger scales, and tons of additional particle systems spawned into the world if and when I get to that, to make it actually look like the world is about to be destroyed in, say, five minutes. Razz

Reply with quote Monday, October 02, 2017

Smallish update:

Player no longer "respawns" after dying, but instead now gets sent to Otherworld at the Earth Check-In Station (Rough placeholder from the SVN, not textured or anything)... So if you die, then congrats; you're dead, and have to wait to be "Wished back" with the Dragonballs or otherwise revived somehow.

Still working out how I want to setup the mechanic for actually bringing the player back from Otherworld, and I don't want it to be simple trigger volumes like when traveling to Namek/the time chamber, but any input or ideas are welcome.

Reply with quote Sunday, October 22, 2017

Okay, for the moment, the player can return back to Earth and the other maps by going to Fortune Teller Baba on the right most platform of the Earth Check-In Station, but otherwise the character remains dead once they die, so enjoy the free Halo for dying I guess?

Also, I've been trying to decide how I wanted to fix/add this for a while cause my initial attempt had a lot of problems with differing skeleton sizes, and there's still no customization options for it yet really, plus I'm not yet happy with its proportions, but...

Added a female option to the character creator:

Reply with quote Sunday, October 22, 2017

ZOPU version 0.0.7.1 is now up!

https://youtu.be/srL6cooMj3k

You can find the download link and patch notes at the following link:

http://zopu.spritehaven.com

Reply with quote Monday, October 23, 2017

I like the honesty in the changelogs. Razz

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Testing out a free Voxel plugin I stumbled across. Works okay, but is really glitchy so far, both visually, and in terms of collision detection, and I'm not familiar enough with C++ or how it works to go in and try fixing it up myself to make it better... But hey, you get what you pay for, right?

https://youtu.be/8ZVUQ0JNCME

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Non-update update... Just sorta tinkering with the materials trying to get a glowing effect going to maybe add in when auras are active...

So far, tinkering with two versions, and I can't say I'm 100% happy with either...

I kind of like the first one, but the soft blending really screws up the cel-shading far too much, and toning it down for the second version looks slightly more accurate-ish, but still feels a bit off visually from what I'd like...? I don't know, I'm still not sure if I'm even going to actually use this or not...

Edit: Added screenshot with the original materials for comparison...

Burenu View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 21, 2018

That looks amazing, when can I touch?

Reply with quote Monday, January 22, 2018

Burenu wrote : That looks amazing, when can I touch?

The current public build is already up for download on my website, you can find the links in the first post of this thread.

The current development build is still unfinished, it may be a while before I get that up.

Burenu View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 22, 2018

Oh didn't realize there was a new version released. Thanks!

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 07, 2018

*Vomits up another aura update*

Sorry, I just can't leave the auras alone it seems...

Reply with quote Saturday, April 07, 2018

Video Update!

Uploaded version 0.0.8, which includes some QoL changes, Ultra Instinct, Updates to the Health and Powerlevel systems, newly added Stamina system, and more...

You can find the full patch notes and download link here: Link

Most accurate Ultra Instinct I have seen until now using ZEQ2-Lite assets. *laughing out loud*
Though, you might have had the voice pitch harmonics backward. Second tone has a lower frequency in my memories.

Eagle wrote : Most accurate Ultra Instinct I have seen until now using ZEQ2-Lite assets. *laughing out loud*
Though, you might have had the voice pitch harmonics backward. Second tone has a lower frequency in my memories.

Yeah, I'm not great with sound editing and slapped it together in a bit of a hurry, so I literally just took the sound effect and played it 3 times over itself with slight delays, and slight pitch alterations up and down by 0.1 to 1.1 and 0.9 respectively with the first sound playing at normal pitch with no delay...

If someone wants to whip me up a sound effect that would be more accurate, I'll be happy to add it, so long as it's not ripped from Xenoverse 2 or something like that, cause I don't want to risk going into that territory, and not to mention that I was unimpressed with their voice distortion effect compared with the Japanese dub... It just felt like a lot of its impact was lost in Sean Schemmel's performance compared to Masako Nozawa's, and I'm not sure how much was the performance versus the distortion effect itself...

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Small update, just fixing a pair of issues I found/were pointed out to me by a tester...

Version 0.0.8.1 Patch Notes

Reply with quote Thursday, April 12, 2018

Another quick update, this one adds the controls screen to the pause menu, since it was mentioned to me that it would be nice to not have to quit to the main menu every time a player wanted to look at it...

Version 0.0.8.2 Patch Notes

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Not really an update, but added an FAQ to ZOPU's website...

Link.

Reply with quote Monday, April 30, 2018

Another non-update update...

Made a discord server for all my projects, so I don't have to spam them in the ZEQ2-Lite or Z Enters Unity channels anymore, not that I think anyone will actually use the new server, but it's there just in case anyway with links from both the ZOPU and Spritehaven sides of my websites...

Link

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]