Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Old ZEQ2 Pictures

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 29, 2009

It means you should try and upload the pictures at www.tinypic.com

Ale Duke View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 29, 2009

thanks for help but I need post here too jeje. Well I put here some shoots that you can watch.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 30, 2009

I edited your post by attaching the images instead. Very strange that you were unable to. Does anyone else have this issue?

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Maybe Dave disabled attaching pictures for non moderators/admins?

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

For me it looks better than zeq2lite... is it really old?

The textures and colors in use on that version of the landing map were far too contrasted and repetitive compared to the current version. The crater has strongly visible black lines that alias badly and stick out like a sore thumb. Most of the mountains don't even have textures and that Goku is using an overly thick old fatboy approach that marauders most of the model alongside a poor non-complimentary gray cel-shader.

Surely you're kidding? Are you referring just to the screen speed line effect or the old modeled rubble around the crater that halved the map's FPS? If the latter, it probably could be redone now without the penalty, but that's why everything is beta, of course. Not even the landing map is finished.

I actually agree with Newfolder; the map might not be as accurate to the show as the current one but I find that picture more appealing to the eye.

Ale Duke View user's profile Send private message

Sorry if I do something wrong, I need to know if something is not allowed, but I donĀ“t understand all words always, I`m trying to learn more English. Smile.
ZEQ2 is of my favourite games.

I actually agree with Newfolder; the map might not be as accurate to the show as the current one but I find that picture more appealing to the eye.

Neither version of the map is accurate to the show. I'm all about free-thought and all that, but seriously? In quality terms, there are lines where cold, artistic design logic supersedes that of personal perception.

Regardless. Here's a screenshot comparison to let you judge for yourself between that old map and the new one. Trust me. Like I said before, it's JUST the matter of the missing crater rim/rubble (which I also explained the reasoning for).

Can you really tell me with a straight face that a scratchy, baby-puke green, Quake 3 texture for the grass is superior? The only other aspect I could agree on would be better lightmap shadow recognition on the older one (but that change was done for good reason).

TRL View user's profile Send private message

It think it's just that the green of the right version is a lot easier for the eyes, what makes it look more natural and appealing.

I am going to eat your spleen.

The green on the right could not possibly be easier on the eyes! It has a much higher contrast ratio, is a lot rougher with grainy details, and blurs a ridiculous amount when even remotely close to it.

Seriously, did I just step into some bizarro universe where the rules of aesthetics are flipped?

Well the color's just closer to how grass in real life looks like.
Also the grass texture you're using now could in fact use some more grain.

Well the color's just closer to how grass in real life looks like. Also the grass texture you're using now could in fact use some more grain.

• Realistic grass is not a uniform color and it is most CERTAINLY and absolutely NOT grainy.
  • ZEQ2-lite does not employ a realism style and SHOULD not given it's stylistic focus.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2-Lite is supposed to be closer to the Anime, it's not like Earth Special Forces, Earth Special Forces is closer to the reality. (Textures)

Postscript:
About these pictures with the comparance.
I like the crater in the right picture more.

Earth Special Forces isn't close to realism at all either. It's just another type of stylism from what I can tell (especially with the newer material). Realism is about two distinct factors : capturing proper lighting (with indirect bounces and color bleeding) and natural shape usage (no using anything abstract to represent something else).

Zeth wrote :

Well the color's just closer to how grass in real life looks like. Also the grass texture you're using now could in fact use some more grain.

• Realistic grass is not a uniform color and it is most CERTAINLY and absolutely NOT grainy.
  • ZEQ2-lite does not employ a realism style and SHOULD not given it's stylistic focus.

the grain I'm talking about is exactly realised by the different colors being apparent in realistic grass.

Anyway giving the grass a more natural color isn't really what I would call going with a realistic approach.

Anyway giving the grass a more natural color isn't really what I would call going with a realistic approach.

Except that it would look absolutely nothing like the series (or any anime of this type for that matter). Might as well make Namek grass a flowing green while we're at it too alongside desaturating and dampening all colors so they feel more dull and less vibrant.

Feel free to make such changes yourself, but it's a poor design choice in terms of current status and overall goals.

Well I'll give you that if your going for mimicking the Japanese anime, but if you're going for the funimation version, the right color is more close to the anime.

I'm assuming you're going for the Japanese one. But than you need to change the skycolor to a little more greenish.

Peac View user's profile Send private message

Peac wrote :

My point exactly.

Well I'll give you that if your going for mimicking the Japanese anime, but if you're going for the funimation version, the right color is more close to the anime.

There's no color differences between localizations of the series. It's primarily just various encoding and presentational format differences that encompass any color discrepancies. The right color version is uniform and NOT close to any rendition of the series. Please don't argue with someone who has spent years researching and mucked over hundreds of thousands of references frame by frame.

Neither is a strong representation of the anime in terms of spatial textural arrangement, but as has been stated countless times, accuracy is NOT ZEQ2-Lite's goal as much as consistency between content and general quality.

The screenshots posted were likely from an earlier TV encoding setup. Compared to a DVD capture or uncut/re-release, they are considerably darker and with more contrasted elements -- a quality not preserved in later encodes by the same producers of the content.

yeah in the uncut version they used the raw material. But it's that contrasted version that we became familiar with when watching it on tv in our younger days. So that's my point. But whatever, it's still a great map. All that's missing is some pink chickaturkeys.

yeah in the uncut version they used the raw material. But it's that contrasted version that we became familiar with when watching it on tv in our younger days. So that's my point.

One other thing is that different stations have different broadcasting standards on their general format. What you may remember as the default colors could very well be foreign on someone a country or even state over.

All that's missing is some pink chickaturkeys.

Now that I will agree with. They've been modeled and textured for some time too. Just need animated md3 support so we can have them pecking about the area.

Zeth wrote :

All that's missing is some pink chickaturkeys.

Now that I will agree with. They've been modeled and textured for some time too. Just need animated md3 support so we can have them pecking about the area.

I'll take a animating tutorial and do it! A pecking animation, walking animation and looking up attentively animation. Doesn't sound improbable.

*Why is -improbable- changed to improbable?*

Also cool would be a scared run animation when you blast them. And a dying animation of course.

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Because nothing is what you're trying to say.
At least that was the case with ZEQ2(Zios-ZEQ2) when it was put in the filter.

Azurite wrote : Because nothing is what you're trying to say.
At least that was the case with ZEQ2(Zios-ZEQ2) when it was put in the filter.

Okay that was a hard to figure out answer, but I got it.
Basically nothing is improbable with the Zios-engine.

Zero EXE View user's profile Send private message

Hey where can I download this awesome piece of art I know its old but old is awesome I still play megaman and classic sonic games and hey I will love to play this game Very Happy .

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]